La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Horatio

You're welcome
I have to say, Ronaldo played a good game for his standards. Heavely involved in the attack with some combo's and his freekicks were on point. Koblak had a good game.

I was surprised to see that they clocked him as the player that hit the highest speed during the game on Real's side. He was easily outran by Atletico defense.

Givenchy

thought it was a poor game but perfect result for us. Ronaldo has declined alot this season. his first touch was terrible today and also that ball Juanfran beat him to, without his goal stats hes a nothing player for the most part.

can't believe were 10pts clear.. if you'd of told me that after the supercopa.. :lol:

bodi16

I was surprised to see that they clocked him as the player that hit the highest speed during the game on Real's side. He was easily outran by Atletico defense.
He probably hit that speed when RM was counter attacking Atletico, but it's not reliable when it comes to duels since for example Messi's top speed isn't great but acceleration is what makes the difference in tight spaces.

Horatio

You're welcome
He probably hit that speed when RM was counter attacking Atletico, but it's not reliable when it comes to duels since for example Messi's top speed isn't great but acceleration is what makes the difference in tight spaces.

Acceleration doesn't change top speed though.

Horatio

You're welcome
quicker acceleration and he'll hit his top speed in shorter distances, slower and he'll need large expanses of space to do it, which is what you'd expect in a counter attack.

What you say is true but you would never think it having watched the game even when taking what you say into account. Varane and Casemiro ran covering great space and seemed much faster as they outran multiple Atletico players.

bodi16

Acceleration doesn't change top speed though.
Ronaldo can beat maybe any player from Atletico on long runs,but when he has limited space, he looks a bit slower, since his acceleration isn't impressive and gets tackled easily.

That top speed was reached when he wasn't with the ball at his feet, that was what i wanted to point out.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ronaldo can beat maybe any player from Atletico on long runs,but when he has limited space, he looks a bit slower, since his acceleration isn't impressive and gets tackled easily.

That top speed was reached when he wasn't with the ball at his feet, that was what i wanted to point out.

Maybe my memory serves me wrong but wasn't he outran twice without the ball on the counter?

Edit:

[youtube]PIP6q_cFd_8[/youtube]

Here is at least one run in great space without the ball. Juanfran easily outran him coming from a wider angle.

So that leaves me thinking: If Juanfran can outrun him and he isn't even the fastest player on Atletico's side, other Real players are reasonably slow....which wasn't the case.

Last edited:

dakt

If we can get passed Valencia with extra 3 points...oh well....it won't mean much if RM gets their hands on CL trophy for the 3rd time in row.

Home of Barca Fans