La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Just 4 points and I'm pretty sure it's gonna fall down to just 1 point difference by the end of next week. Don't know what's all the fuss about! Will very well lose out on the league this season as well

BarçaBarça

Just 4 points and I'm pretty sure it's gonna fall down to just 1 point difference by the end of next week. Don't know what's all the fuss about! Will very well lose out on the league this season as well

Valencia has been great so far, we have been quite stumbling and shaky. We lead the league. Why are you so sure Valencia can keep playing great all season? They are not coming of the back of title-contenting seasons, like we do, therefore it is very unsure if they can sustain the good run - and do they have the ability to grind out results, when the game isn't flowing?
And add to that: Maybe with additions in January we can get better than now - therefore there is very well-funded reasons to be happy right now, and optimistic about the further development of the season.

With the way we've been playing I still don't think we're going to win the league
Why don't you think it will be possible to win the league by playing bad? Real did it last year. We will get needed additions in January (Dembele and maybe Coutinho), and suddenly we have a much more fluid midfield and attack. We win while not dominating the games convincingly, but against the best teams (Juve, Atletico, Sevilla) we have done quite fine, so don't be too scared before the Valencia-game. We can live with a draw there as well, and our defence, especially Ter Stegen, has been world-class - so a draw is absolutely realistic.

JamDav1982

Team are still playing fairly open v Valencia and they are killing teams on the break particularly late in games but they have not been as great as scorelines would suggest in quitr a few of their games.

Be interested to see how they get on today vs an Espanyol side that will most likely sit deep and try to hit them on the break.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Valencia not clicking at all offensively. Marcelino made way too many changes for this game. Asspanyol really deserving a goal here.

Another post by Asspanyol. Valencia looked pathetic in that 1st half.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Marcelino sent to the stands by the ref which means he will also have to watch the Barca game from there.

Really undeserved goal. But I guess that’s what the top teams do. Asspanyol missing big chances all day came back to bite them in the ass.

LeeRomeno

Titles are not won in November, having this lead is great, but in reality we are very much aligned with results from previous season. I think we are once again going to end around 90-93 points. Only question is if Real can actually step up their game in spring, which i think depends on their January spending.

bodi16

We can still win the title even with our unconvincing display. Just remember 12/13 season, when we only got 1 point from 2 classicos. But if things will remain the same, in CL we won't stand a chance, that's for sure.

Centauri B

Titles are not won in November, having this lead is great, but in reality we are very much aligned with results from previous season. I think we are once again going to end around 90-93 points. Only question is if Real can actually step up their game in spring, which i think depends on their January spending.

Who wouldn't take a 10 point lead over Real Madrid after 12 games at the start of the season? This is the crucial point here.

Home of Barca Fans