Ernesto Valverde - V1

Richard.H

I will be sitting right behind the bench for the match against Rayo. I’m gonna boo the shit out of valverde for 90 mins. That’s how pissed I am

FinBarcelonafan

Lifeless in attack with the MF of Raki Busi and Vidal (BBZ's wet dream)- Check

Everybody knowing we needed Alena except Valverde and his cult members- Check

Alena coming on and finding a downgrade in team quality from Barca B with no one making runs- Check

Malcom rewarded for putting his heart out on the pitch to be rewarded with more benchtime, while 160m boy wonder shits all over the pitch- Check

Getting teabagged by the same team who Valverde fans said is nothing without their former manager- Check

Mats earning yet another MotM under Ernie- Check

Only 2 shots on target and getting massively outshot by Bilbao making me nervous against Lyon- Check

Team looking lost without individual brilliance from Messi and Dembele-Check

Suarez stinking up the place but no chance in hell of getting subbed by Valgreen- Check

Valmierda finally showing some ballsy decisions last match to immediately go back to his default state next match- Check

Roma 2.0 looking more and more likely-Check

2 hours of my life wasted- Check

Perfect post!!! Great job!

omidferoz

Cant we do something about this idiot of a coach? Get in contact with him and telling him what a moron he is? Why are the catalan press not saying anything, why are they all silent, something fishy is going on. If this happend in Madrid he would have been fired after the Roma game.

BerkeleyBernie

Despite winning a lot Barca are fucking BORING to watch. Barca isn’t about just winning - it’s about winning in style.

Yup. No rhythm. I won't be disappointed if Man City wins the CL.

Arthur and Alena are bright spots, showing the core Barça Pass & Move style. Coutinho does, too, but rarely has more than one player to exchange passes with.

Leo_Messi

This guy is an absolute disgrace and not worthy of being a Barça manager with his shitty football philosophy and disgusting conservatism. A midfield composed of this version of Busquets, Vidal and Rakitic has to be one of the least creative, least mobile and least quick midfields that I have ever witnessed to date at Barça on top of my memory. When I saw that lineup with this midfield and a static Coutinho (lol), Suárez and half-ready Messi upfront, I knew that we would not win. A game like that screamed out for pace and the likes of Dembélé, Malcom and Aleñà.

How can he keep playing the excuse of a footballer that Coutinho is time and time again despite the Brazilian's shocking performances?
To see Dembélé and even Malcom (MoM performance against RM the other day IMO) rotting on the bench while Coutinho s wasting our time for 75 minutes showing absolutely nothing is infuriating. The Holy Trinity of mediocrity made up by Bartomeu, Valverde and Coutinho. Match made in heaven.

That our most in-form midfielder, outside of the injured Arthur, Aleñà, was rotting on the bench likewise was not any less shocking.

We had the opportunity to gain a 8+ point lead and instead this joke of a manager was perfectly fine with settling for 1 point beforehand. Zero risk taking or bravery. At times it seems like he still believes that he is the manager of Athletic and not Barça.

Last edited:

shadows

I am surprised with the media seriously.. They crucified Tata when he dared play counter attack and now this :lol: of course Xavi had a hand in it as well but still... We have been playing shit football for quite some time now and yet nothing.. Plus the board wants to offer this guy another year as well. Doesnt he even watch the game sitting in his plush box seat with the best possible view?

EdmondDantes

Is his dream to be a poor man's Simeone?

The players that are supposed to defend - Vidal & Rakitic - don't defend for shit. I've lost count the amount of times ter Stegen saved this midfield from conceding what has been the technically inept gift that keeps on giving with them on the pitch.

shadows

Is his dream to be a poor man's Simeone?

The players that are supposed to defend - Vidal & Rakitic - don't defend for shit. I've lost count the amount of times ter Stegen saved this midfield from conceding what has been the technically inept gift that keeps on giving with them on the pitch.

Think its budget Mourinho, not Simeone.. Gotta follow in the footsteps of the master :valverde:

However unlike peak Mourinho, this guy simply doesnt have the players to play that style..

Leo_Messi

The more you think about it the more infuriating it gets knowing that this guy is our manager. Can anyone see us wining the CL with this guy at the helm? After that Roma fiasco? I remember it like it was yesterday. I was fuming completely after that 4-1 win against Roma at home. Cursing Valverde and the team for their pathetic display and attitude and told a few mates of mine and later my youngest brother that if they put up a show similar to that one in the return leg, we would go out as the 4-1 result was not reflective of what occurred on the pitch. What happened afterwards everyone knows about.

Zero bravery, zero visions, zero trust in the youngsters, disgusting conservative pragmatism fitting for clubs like Athletic and Espanyol, zero personality, zero balls in terms of giving seniors the needed rest after bad performances, no system in place whatsoever 1.5 years into his Barça career other than "give the ball to Messi and see what kind of magic he will create on his own" etc. Shit football by large as well as a consequence other than individual brilliance or when 3-4 players click at once in any given game.

Shocking stuff. When you gullibly thought that there might be some improvement in sight, we are served with this shit. For the 100th time during his managerial reign.

To make it worse we have spineless Bartofeo publicly boosting (with the same characteristic stupid grind on his face) about him wanting to renew Valverde without waiting how the team will actually perform at the end of the season and what alternatives there will be.:facepalm:

I was never in doubt about us winning the league and it is not like I am panicking with the lead being 6+ points (as it was last Monday) but if the recent form seen in the past 3 games continues, that lead WILL be reduced and from then on, who knows what will happen? I am certainly not putting my hopes on Valverde but more the genius of Messi and some of our other elite players while otherwise it should always be the collective that you base your hopes on in team sports.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans