Ernesto Valverde - V1

khaled_a_d

I don't think we were defensive, boring may be but we did a lot of attacks. we didn't hold the ball that much but played balanced with more attacking mentality until we got our goals

tacticvarium

EV can match them.
Also, EV has nice chances to win a CL in his debut season.

Or Valverde could end up not winning any CL during his time in Barça.
It's only his first season and it's not even over yet.
It's too early to compare him to our two most glorious eras before Pep.

Devils

So apparently another dire game from Barca ..... never thought I'd see the day that saw Real Madrid playing lovely football and Barca playing .......

Guess who is Barca's third top scorer this season !?!?

After Messi and Suarez , in the 3rd place with EIGHT goals is ...... Own Goal !!!!

And yet Barca is competing for a treble while Madrid is only left in one competition.

Oh and nothing i stopping you from supporting Real Madrid and their beautiful football.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Givenchy

very rarely do people care how trophies are won. yes, madrid were amazing in CL last season but in the talk of a 3 peat, no one cares how the 15-16 CL was won by them, with europa tier opponents and an offside goal in the final.

if we have any chance of a 6th CL playing like an italian team, i would take it HAPPILY.

I guess people will jump on me for this but being a Barca fan and knowing our philosophy, identity etc winning like an Italian team is just shit, especially considering the players we have.

I'm really tired of this boring, drab football, its very rare for me but lately ive been bored watching us play and that should never happen when you have the GOAT at your disposal. don't get me wrong here, I'm barca for life through the bad and the good, perhaps im spoiled after our golden years but the point still stands.

i don't really give a shit about 10 years time looking back, i want to enjoy the time now while we still have Iniesta, Messi and co.

EV deserves huge credit for how well we've done this season, nobody saw us challenging like this on all fronts but now we have Dembele back, Coutinho in, i was expecting more than 442 forcing players on the wing, playing Gomes which adds nothing to the team while Denis and Paco are frozen out for whatever reason and Dembele EV just doesn't seem to rate. watch him play our strongest 11 in a meaningless liga match this weekend

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So apparently another dire game from Barca ..... never thought I'd see the day that saw Real Madrid playing lovely football and Barca playing .......

Guess who is Barca's third top scorer this season !?!?

After Messi and Suarez , in the 3rd place with EIGHT goals is ...... Own Goal !!!!

:lol: Thats what you'd think if you started watching football in 2009. Real have the record of sacking a manager who had just won a league just because he was playing a pragmatic style!!

Neymessi

And another horrible game with a good result. Fucking painful we look headed for a good beating against actually good sides in the semis. This was roma and also our home and we were dire. Shit lineup and shit tactics again. What's the excuse this time?

BarçaBarça

And another horrible game with a good result. Fucking painful we look headed for a good beating against actually good sides in the semis. This was roma and also our home and we were dire. Shit lineup and shit tactics again. What's the excuse this time?

I can find one for you: The players were too comfortable, because they knew that we would win convincingly and nothing was urgent. The result proved them right.

How was the lineup dreadful? Semedo played wonderful, and while you can make a case for Dembele playing a part, and Iniesta not being at his best, Valverde chose control to avoid the deadly away-goals.

This season against the biggest teams we have met:
3-0 against Juventus, 0-3 against Real, 3-0 on aggregate against Valencia, 1-0 against Atletico. The important games against the champions in PL: 4-1 to us on aggregate.
Your conclusion: Because we didn’t play ourselves out against Roma and win 4-1 we will get beat against better opposition. Seriously?

Raketa10

I am so fucking afraid that someone will kill us in semis or in final with this kind of tactics. I really really hope that it won't happen but if we want to win CL we really need to start performing much better than we did yesterday! In one moment "Mr.Own goal" might stop scoring or Messi will have a bad day and we'll be fucked. We showed nothing yesterday and against Sevilla but the amount of luck we had was unbelievable. I am really not amused anymore with this shit since I am 100% sure it can't go on for ever.

In recent years only Chelsea managed to win CL while playing like shit so we really need to step up or this just won't be good enough! I would be fine if we were at least solid in defense but that's not the case. Roma could have scored at least one more goal and maybe two and Sevilla could have scored 4 or 5. We might argue if Valverde's tactics were good or not during the season but the result was there and our defense was solid so we had no right to complain but in this moment we are playing like SHIT and that's a fact. Basically only Rakitic is delivering something in the midfield, our entire attack is 100% Messi dependent, Suarez needs 100 chances to score and our defense is shaky as hell.

The form of some players dropped significantly. Umtiti, Busi and Iniesta are especially underperforming lately. Paulinho is dead tired so we also can't expect anything from him till the end of the season and Alba also has problems with his form stability, in some games he excels and in some he is dreadful. I am really worried that we are not in a good shape for the season finale.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Not sure what people complaining here about. We were dominant, their defenders couldn't handle constant pressure from our attacks and so they were banging top noch goals for us. Also Semedo at RB and Roberto as RM, brilliant idea, you get more balanced team that way, more defensive stability.

vlad

I am so fucking afraid that someone will kill us in semis or in final with this kind of tactics. I really really hope that it won't happen but if we want to win CL we really need to start performing much better than we did yesterday! In one moment "Mr.Own goal" might stop scoring or Messi will have a bad day and we'll be fucked. We showed nothing yesterday and against Sevilla but the amount of luck we had was unbelievable. I am really not amused anymore with this shit since I am 100% sure it can't go on for ever.

In recent years only Chelsea managed to win CL while playing like shit so we really need to step up or this just won't be good enough! I would be fine if we were at least solid in defense but even that is not the case. Yesterday Roma could have scored at leas one more goal and maybe two and Sevilla could have scored 4 or 5.

"mr.own goal" what is this bullshit? roma crushed under pressure and you get that, you dont score own goals without pressure, messi had bad game yesterday, suarez also, mssing chances, same as iniesta, so whole attacking part was bad, and still 4:1, hello semifinals.

before quarterfinals, we could read about tottenham and city and how beautiful they play compared to barca which is being compared with inter 2010 and chelsea 2012 ( ridicoulus), guess what tottenham is out, city is also out after 1st match without shoot on target, then we can read how valverde will get exposed vs strong team, barca played vs real, atletico, chelsea, juventus, now roma, and still some of you fans think that valverde didnt have a real test.

argument how messi is saving barca, its true, its almost all about messi, but what do you expect when you have probably best player ever in the squad? his teammates always searching for him on the pitch, alba and suarez especially, even if they have better options, they will try to find messi who is between 2 opposition players, it will be the same so long he plays here, when he retires, barca will play more like a team, like other top teams are doing

MagIX

Missed chances from Roma:lol:.....the same is happend with Juve against RM, Juve could have scored more than 1...
Thinking that we can dominate every match without conceding any chances:facepalm:

Raketa10

"mr.own goal" what is this bullshit? roma crushed under pressure and you get that, you dont score own goals without pressure, messi had bad game yesterday, suarez also, mssing chances, same as iniesta, so whole attacking part was bad, and still 4:1, hello semifinals.

before quarterfinals, we could read about tottenham and city and how beautiful they play compared to barca which is being compared with inter 2010 and chelsea 2012 ( ridicoulus), guess what tottenham is out, city is also out after 1st match without shoot on target, then we can read how valverde will get exposed vs strong team, barca played vs real, atletico, chelsea, juventus, now roma, and still some of you fans think that valverde didnt have a real test.

argument how messi is saving barca, its true, its almost all about messi, but what do you expect when you have probably best player ever in the squad? his teammates always searching for him on the pitch, alba and suarez especially, even if they have better options, they will try to find messi who is between 2 opposition players, it will be the same so long he plays here, when he retires, barca will play more like a team, like other top teams are doing

Vlad I really can't comprehend how can you be satisfied with our display from the last two games. I agree that trophies are the most important thing but I am sure this kind of display would't be enough in semifinals. We weren't dominant at all, we have much better team than Roma and they literally outplayed us in some part of yesterday's game. Yes we won but we undoubtedly had a huge amount of luck. Display against Sevilla was horrific, so yes I am worried until I see we can start performing well again.

And yes own goals are result of pressure but do you really expect Bayern, Real or Lpool to crack like Roma or Sevilla did? This just won't be good enough for lifting CL trophy, we simply need to improve.

Last edited:

vlad

Vlad I really can't comprehend how can you be satisfied with our display from the last two games. I agree that trophies are the most important thing but I am sure this kind of display would't be enough in semifinals. We weren't dominant at all, we have much better team than Roma and they literally outplayed us in some part of yesterday's game. Yes we won but we undoubtedly had a huge amount of luck. Display against Sevilla was horrific, so yes I am worried until I see we can start performing well again.

what im happy about is at last barca is going far in CL when they are not playing most beautiful football on planet, surely i would like more that barca is playing more beautiful and winning, but close history showed me that barca have chance in CL only when they are at their best, thats why its not rare for them to win triplete, and you cant be the best every season, and when they are not the best they are still desperately trying to outplay every team, and then PSG happens 4:0, juventus 3:0, atletico, bayern. Its valverde first season at barca, he didnt have great conditions when he came, he still cant play coutinho in CL, his most creative midfielder is still iniesta, what do you expect from him?

edit: la liga is almost done, so you should not be worried about that and performances there

about bayern and liverpool, sevilla outplayed bayern at home, why dont you mention that? because bayern won? how they won it? sevilla scored own goal and second one was also deflection, but thats not luck? its only when teams vs barca score own goal? sevilla had better chances but they could not finish, suddendly barca should be scared of bayern, and about liverpool, they have great attack, but their defense is comical compared to barca´s, so i really dont understand pessimism if barca gets them

Last edited:

Joan

Vlad I really can't comprehend how can you be satisfied with our display from the last two games.
I don't know why you compare these 2 matches. They weren't very similar.
I'm not pleased with the performance we gave, but Roma weren't dominant in any aspect of the game. Don't remember them having many (if any) sitters. And they are a good team. Very good. Also, put up a fight.

I think that whoever we draw EV will get his tactics right. No matter whether we go through or not. Him adapting tactics based on opposition and form is his greatest strength.

Home of Barca Fans