Cr150

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
behave, bitch. i wasn't the one to post it. you hurting for your boy CR or what?

You weren't the one to post it but you certainly were the first one to comment on it so instantaneously without pointing out its stupidity, which kinda means you wanted to agree with CR's exclusion from the top-10 in your little wishful thinking despite the reality. I simply called out your hypocricy, "couldn't give two fucks" my ass :lol:

BarcaOG

Banned
Messi's career as a whole is of course better. Just because CR, for the first time actually, is better at this moment in time doesn't mean you have to go all overboard... ffs

ridiculous. on what grounds? most CL goals? ronaldo. more CL KO goals (i.e. those that matter)? ronaldo. most national team titles? ronaldo. proven himself in three different leagues? ronaldo. most CL titles? ronaldo.

exactly what metric are you using to say messi's career is better? 1 more ballon d'or? lol, messi would happily trade that for a copa america

BarcaOG

Banned
Well lets break it down just how Ronaldo exactly won all his trophies and scored all of his goals. All the penalties, the offside goals which helped Real to beat Bayern. All his no-shows in big games. The fact that he was always surrounded by the very best players in the world.

LOL @ no shows in big games. right, because he was totally absent as real routinely eliminated bayern and atletico. just like messi was so present in those big games since 2015 right? or the fact that he never managed to knock atletico out of the CL while CR scored goals for fun against them?

this is laughable

Givenchy

Ronaldo = CL GOAT
Messi = league GOAT

the better career depends on which competition you rate higher, for me, its the CL and it will be for the majority of fans; PL, Ligue 1, Serie A/neutral fans don't care about La liga

Messi is more talented but then so was Ronaldinho.. I still feel Messi edges it in terms of GOAT for the moments he produced that arguably no other player could but Ronaldo sure did run him close

both are fading into the distance at this stage, I really miss the old head to head in el clasicos. so much passion and hatred, they were the glory days

KingLeo10

PR7's lawyer BarcaOG is out here doing cartwheels again.

"CR7 proved himself in 3 different leagues while Messi didn't". Imagine saying that as a Barcelona fan...having the utterly braindead logic of wanting Messi to leave Barcelona in his prime to "prove" himself

An absolute amoeba this lad.

serghei

The argument that he did it in more leagues is not valid at all. It doesn't mean much. Prime Messi tears up any league, and it wouldn't be pretty for his opponents. The problem with Messi is his attitude and mentality. Ronaldo simply beats him clearly in this area.

I have it quite clear personally. Overall, a tie between Ronaldo and Messi with each having its own advantages over the other.

Messi has:
- brighter peak of Maradonian level
- more talent, IQ, creativity (so-called X-factor)
- a more complete style (equally great at passing, playmaking, scoring, dribbling)
- better dribbling (which is arguably the most spectacular aspect of football - the ability to ridicule players with the ball)
- more consistent in the league

Weak points, especially visible in the 2nd part of his career, post-peak
- lacks leadership
- subpar effort and often poor attitude in high-pressure situations
- poor scoring form in the Champions League in big games (especially away)
- quite undisciplined and hard to manage (can't be a role player and needs the team to function around him)

Ronaldo has:
- better work ethic, professionalism, and dedication
- better athlete (just look at his fitness level at 35)
- better finishing skills (shoots with both feet, great box-predator, near unbeatable in the air)
- better clutch performances which he also carried past his prime (hence his superiority in CL)
- slightly better career

Weak points
- not as bright peak
- dominated by prime Messi (also in h2h)
- not as a complete player, more of a specialized role
- not as many brilliant moments

As you can see, plenty of flaws and plenty of areas where they dominate each other. It's unlikely anything will change at this point in their career.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
The argument that he did it in more leagues is not valid at all. It doesn't mean much. Prime Messi tears up any league, and it wouldn't be pretty for his opponents. The problem with Messi is his attitude and mentality. Ronaldo simply beats him clearly in this area.

I have it quite clear personally. Overall, a tie between Ronaldo and Messi with each having its own advantages over the other.

Messi has:
- a more complete style (equally great at passing, playmaking, scoring, dribbling)
- better dribbling (which is arguably the most spectacular aspect of football - the ability to ridicule players with the ball)
- more consistent in the league

Weak points, especially visible in the 2nd part of his career, post-peak
- lacks leadership
- subpar effort and often poor attitude in high-pressure situations
- poor scoring form in the Champions League in big games (especially away)
- quite undisciplined and hard to manage (can't be a role player and needs the team to function around him)

Ronaldo has:
- better work ethic, professionalism, and dedication
- better athlete (just look at his fitness level at 35)
- better finishing skills (shoots with both feet, great box-predator, near unbeatable in the air)
- better clutch performances which he also carried past his prime (hence his superiority in CL)
- slightly better career

Weak points
- not as bright peak
- dominated by prime Messi (also in h2h)
- not as a complete player, more of a specialized role
- not as many brilliant moments

As you can see, plenty of flaws and plenty of areas where they dominate each other. It's unlikely anything will change at this point in their career.

Good analysis. I agree

BarcaOG

Banned
Ronaldo = CL GOAT
Messi = league GOAT

the better career depends on which competition you rate higher, for me, its the CL and it will be for the majority of fans; PL, Ligue 1, Serie A/neutral fans don't care about La liga

Messi is more talented but then so was Ronaldinho.. I still feel Messi edges it in terms of GOAT for the moments he produced that arguably no other player could but Ronaldo sure did run him close

both are fading into the distance at this stage, I really miss the old head to head in el clasicos. so much passion and hatred, they were the glory days

also agree

BarcaOG

Banned
PR7's lawyer BarcaOG is out here doing cartwheels again.

"CR7 proved himself in 3 different leagues while Messi didn't". Imagine saying that as a Barcelona fan...having the utterly braindead logic of wanting Messi to leave Barcelona in his prime to "prove" himself

An absolute amoeba this lad.

i think you have a point, so ill concede that. i meant more broadly that CR has at least taken on challenges beyond his comfort zone, while messi has always had the world at his feet in barcelona.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Ronaldo = CL GOAT
Messi = league GOAT

+1

MagIX

Messi has:

wow ! a brillant definition of a GOAT.
Unrivalled talent, a godly gift, you are born with it and not something that can be trained/learned...
As you wrote IQ, creativity, passing, playmaking, scoring, dribbling... all in one AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS... a godly gift.
He reached Maradona level (considered with Pele the best ever)....
Fortunately he has weak points, this prove that he his human.

For me ABSOLUTELY no doubt who is the best

Home of Barca Fans