Neymar Jr. - v5

Jair Ventura

You spout deluded nonsense about PSG and French football and contribute nothing of substance.

Now block me as instructed. Good lad.

My contributions: Dembele, Arthur, Fekir, Alisson, etc.

Yours: ???

The quality of our respective contributions are clear for everyone to see.

JamDav1982

The fact that you willfully ignore the success of Monaco’s project in order to inflate your own ego is borderline sociopathic.

Reported.

My contributions: Dembele, Arthur, Fekir, Alisson, etc.

Yours: ???

The quality of our respective contributions are clear for everyone to see.

Haha you fathered all those?

Well played.

Talked about players when they were already being discussed. What a contribbution.

Block me as told to do. Good lad.

Jair Ventura

Haha you fathered all those?

Well played.

Talked about players when they were already being discussed. What a contribbution.

Block me as told to do. Good lad.

I create topics that spark discussion. Introduce posters to developing players they may not have been familiar with.

You troll and derail threads. Crazy part is, you’re allowed free reign to do so. It’s odd.

JamDav1982

I create topics that spark discussion. Introduce posters to developing players they may not have been familiar with.

You troll and derail threads. Crazy part is, you’re allowed free reign to do so. It’s odd.

Aye your the man and not deluded about PSG and French football in anyway.

Completely correct.

Now block me or keep craving my attention up to you.

You are allowed to call folk 'sociopaths' and claim 'dont watch football if disgaree'.

Just a troll.

Joan

You literally asked, only a page ago, whether Monaco projects better into the future than Napoli & Roma.
So, you claim that Monaco has better chances to compete for the title next season than Napoli/Roma since they have a better academy?

It doesn't work that way. What a team needs is longevity. Teams need to trust their players and trust their coach. Not make too many changes and be consistent. I'm willing to bet Roma/Napoli will have a better season than Monaco next year if they manage to keep things like they are. Of course, Monaco can produce a golden generation and prove me wrong but that's rather a miracle than a normal occurrence.

Now I've sorted that out:

I answered yes, and explained why. You then responded with an arbitrary question about how many clubs in Spain are actually competing for a title.
Not true.

I said:
No club in the world can live from academy longterm and be competitive. They'll sell their best players anyway.

and then you used your little ad hominem claiming I'm not a fan of Spanish football and saying:

Most clubs in the world have to thrive from their academies. If you’re truly a fan of Spanish football, you should know that as well as anyone. Where did Barca hire Valverde from again?

So, if it's not clear why did I ask how many clubs in Spain are competing for a title, it's because the post you replied on states: No club in the world can live from academy longterm and be competitive.

I rest my case.

Joan

The fact that you willfully ignore the success of Monaco’s project in order to inflate your own ego is borderline sociopathic.
Let's analyze.

You claim that I ignore the success of Monaco's project in order to inflate my own ego. Could you explain it?

What I said:

This. They even managed to keep their manager and still regressed badly. Good post, overall.

If you want to rely on academy solely, you won't be competitive for a league title long term.
The fact that the second best team in France use this strategy says A LOT about the league itself.
'This', meaning that I agree with serghei and his analogy with Porto.

And repeat that you can't compete for the title longterm if you keep selling your best players and rely solely on academy.

One more thing.
'you ignore the success of Monaco's project...'

Monaco has been more successful than Napoli and Roma over the last few seasons. No shame admitting that.

Best wishes.

Jair Ventura

:lol: This thread has gone to shit. Like Neymar's career.

Neymar hurt you, I know, but it’s time to let go.

So, you claim that Monaco has better chances to compete for the title next season than Napoli/Roma since they have a better academy?

As I said above, you struggle to follow lines of logic, and or outright ignore arguments completely in order to downplay Monaco’s success.

Monaco’s advantages over Roma and Napoli are not isolated to their academy. They also have stronger finances while existing in a tax haven, allowing them to pay better wages. And, they have stronger market pull than either. When it comes to signing players, they’re a class above.

It doesn't work that way. What a team needs is longevity. Teams need to trust their players and trust their coach. Not make too many changes and be consistent. I'm willing to bet Roma/Napoli will have a better season than Monaco next year if they manage to keep things like they are. Of course, Monaco can produce a golden generation and prove me wrong but that's rather a miracle than a normal occurrence.

Monaco’s roster is already comparable to Roma & Napoli’s, while having more money to spend on players, and more money to spend on wages.

Not true.

I said:

and then you used your little ad hominem claiming I'm not a fan of Spanish football and saying:

So, if it's not clear why did I ask how many clubs in Spain are competing for a title, it's because the post you replied on states: No club in the world can live from academy longterm and be competitive.

But, Napoli and Roma aren’t competing for titiles. They lose them, every season, so why even ask the question about Spanish clubs? It was entirely arbitrary and irrelevant to what we were discussing.

Joan

As I said above, you struggle to follow lines of logic, and or outright ignore arguments completely in order to downplay Monaco’s success.

No, my friend, I don't struggle to follow lines of logic nor I try to downplay Monaco's success. Which I explained in my previous post.

Monaco’s advantages over Roma and Napoli are not isolated to their academy. They also have stronger finances while existing in a tax haven, allowing them to pay better wages. And, they have stronger market pull than either. When it comes to signing players, they’re a class above.

All is true.

But when the summer comes, they won't be able to keep their best players and will struggle to find replacements. Had Monaco kept their stars, they'd be more competitive than now.

You've been around for long time. I could quote BBZ's arguments about children and the hit or miss game. You know what I talk about.

Monaco’s roster is already comparable to Roma & Napoli’s, while having more money to spend on players, and more money to spend on wages.

If Monaco's roster is comparable this season, last season it was better that theirs.

So, they regress, not progress.

But, Napoli and Roma aren’t competing for titiles. They lose them, every season, so why even ask the question about Spanish clubs? It was entirely arbitrary and irrelevant to what we were discussing.
The fact that you don't win doesn't mean you don't compete.

Actually, all teams in the league compete. I talk about real odds. Juve won the league last week. So, Napoli did put up a fight.

Jair Ventura

All is true.

But when the summer comes, they won't be able to keep their best players and will struggle to find replacements. Had Monaco kept their stars, they'd be more competitive than now.

You've been around for long time. I could quote BBZ's arguments about children and the hit or miss game. You know what I talk about.

They're only projected to lose Fabinho & Lemar. Good players, but they are replaceable. Falcao, Rony Lopes, Keita Balde, Jovetic, Glik, Sidibe and most of their starters will be returning. They also have developing players like Pellegri, Tielemans, and Mboula.

On the other hand, Napoli may be raided this summer, but they do not have Monaco's finances, academy, or market pull to fall back on. What will they do if they lose Jorginho, Koulibaly, and Ghoulam? What if Sarri doesn't return? The relative weakness of their infrastructure projects a more volatile future.

If Monaco's roster is comparable this season, last season it was better that theirs.

So, they regress, not progress.

Monaco's project is cyclical, but it is also productive. After today they're 2nd in Ligue 1, and will be part of next seasons UCL group stages.

The fact that you don't win doesn't mean you don't compete.

Actually, all teams in the league compete. I talk about real odds. Juve won the league last week. So, Napoli did put up a fight.

Napoli competed, yes, but no one has beaten Juve to a title in 7 or 8 years. I don't consider anyone in Italy a legitimate threat until they can actually overcome Juventus over an entire season.

Hurt himself most of all.

Became almost irrelevant bar the CL where PSG are more or less irrelevant.

The only time PSG impact top teams is when they open the cheque book.

No one knows who Neymar is anymore. What a shame.

Home of Barca Fans