Neymar Jr. - v5

serghei

Most clubs in the world have to thrive from their academies. If you’re truly a fan of Spanish football, you should know that as well as anyone. Where did Barca hire Valverde from again?

He probably means competitive in CL. You don't have to be amazing or anything to finish behind PSG in Ligue 1 on 2nd or 3rd place.

Jair Ventura

So you agree Juve is better side and more difficult to overcome than PSG.

Makes your point about both having to be gotten better of a it redundant as a comparison then eh.

I don’t believe there is much separating PSG from Juve. They are comparable clubs, and winning a domestic title over either is going to be difficult for their domestic competition given their relative advantages.

I.e. Monaco winning a league title in France was a huge achievement worthy of respect and recognition.

Joan

Most clubs in the world have to thrive from their academies. If you’re truly a fan of Spanish football, you should know that as well as anyone. Where did Barca hire Valverde from again?

:lol:

How many sides in Spain have realistic odds to win the title?

JamDav1982

I don’t believe there is much separating PSG from Juve. They are comparable clubs, and winning a domestic title over either is going to be difficult for their domestic competition given their relative advantages.

I.e. Monaco winning a league title in France was a huge achievement worthy of respect and recognition.

Juve have been better.

Been better in europe and won more domestic league titles in a better league.

Monaco winning the title is great for them but not a stick to bash other teams in another league that have a tougher task.

Jair Ventura

What a load of shit.

Virtually none of the top clubs consistently base their success on their academies

Again rich coming from a PSG fan who supports them due to the foreigners they sign.

Did I say top clubs? I did not. I said specifically said “clubs”, because I’m comparing Monaco to Roma & Napoli, rather than Madrid. In that context, the strength of their respective academies is obviously going to be relevant.

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

serghei

True. 2016-17 Monaco was a very good team. Winning the title and making CL semis was a very good achievement. Few teams can reach that. But, sadly, they took the money and now they have fallen. Again, similar approach to Porto from 2004. After that year, Porto fell behind. Monaco did too this season in Europe big time. Let's see if they can come back. Probably not. Being beaten by PSG 7-1 isn't encouraging. There are quite a few teams in CL who are as good or even better than PSG, and also 5-7 teams who would never lose to them while conceding 7. Going to be hard for Monaco to be part of an easy group as they were this year.

stb_1

A Brazilian man desperately defending a professional football league in France. Who would of thought?

Saying that, Ligue 1 as a whole is growing by the year. It's a shame Monaco got decimated but there's some great upcoming talent in France.

Jair Ventura

Juve have been better.

Been better in europe and won more domestic league titles in a better league.

Monaco winning the title is great for them but not a stick to bash other teams in another league that have a tougher task.

You just talk to talk. You don’t even listen to other people’s opinions or try to learn things. Just keep repeating the same things over and over again to no effect. Your act is tired.

The worst thing about this board, is the posters of influence refusal to shun bad posters such as yourself. You contribute nothing but noise.

Joan

Why is it so difficult for some if you to follow a line of logic? Obviously top clubs need more than their academies to win titles, but Roma, Napoli, and Monaco aren’t top clubs.

Calm down. You are the one not following a line of logic.

I talk about Ligue 1 being competitive. I talk about Monaco regressing and having already peaked. My post which stated things mentioned before started this discussion.

Monaco is not top European club, but is top French club. What you use now is known as a strawman.

JamDav1982

You just talk to talk. You don’t even listen to other people’s opinions or try to learn things. Just keep repeating the same things over and over again to no effect. Your act is tired.

The worst thing about this board, is the posters of influence refusal to shun bad posters such as yourself. You contribute nothing but noise.

Haha from you who thinks a clever comeback is to repeat 'you dont watch football' to anyone that calls out your deluded nonsense.

Block me if it pains you so much.

Jair Ventura

Calm down. You are the one not following a line of logic.

I talk about Ligue 1 being competitive. I talk about Monaco regressing and having already peaked. My post which stated things mentioned before started this discussion.

Monaco is not top European club, but is top French club. What you use now is known as a strawman.

You literally asked, only a page ago, whether Monaco projects better into the future than Napoli & Roma. I answered yes, and explained why. You then responded with an arbitrary question about how many clubs in Spain are actually competing for a title.

Haha from you who thinks a clever comeback is to repeat 'you dont watch football' to anyone that calls out your deluded nonsense.

Block me if it pains you so much.

Ok, will do.

Joan

True. 2016-17 Monaco was a very good team. Winning the title and making CL semis was a very good achievement. Few teams can reach that. But, sadly, they took the money and now they have fallen. Again, similar approach to Porto from 2004. After that year, Porto fell behind. Monaco did too this season in Europe big time. Let's see if they can come back. Probably not. Being beaten by PSG 7-1 isn't encouraging. There are quite a few teams in CL who are as good or even better than PSG, and also 5-7 teams who would never lose to them while conceding 7. Going to be hard for Monaco to be part of an easy group as they were this year.

This. They even managed to keep their manager and still regressed badly. Good post, overall.

If you want to rely on academy solely, you won't be competitive for a league title long term.
The fact that the second best team in France use this strategy says A LOT about the league itself.

Jair Ventura

This. They even managed to keep their manager and still regressed badly. Good post, overall.

If you want to rely on academy solely, you won't be competitive for a league title long term.
The fact that the second best team in France use this strategy says A LOT about the league itself.

The fact that you willfully ignore the success of Monaco’s project in order to inflate your own ego is borderline sociopathic.

Perfect.

Can call out your nonsense in peace.

While you’re calling out my nonsense, do try to contribute to the board as I have.

Home of Barca Fans