10 - Lionel Messi - v5

neo_wolf

If argentina wins by 2 and iceland wins by one then argentina goes through, thats why argentina needs to score atleast 3 goals, iceland might win but i dont see them beating croatia by more than 2 goals.
Agentina must have atleast a 2 goal differential against iceland.

Messi has to give it his all, i just want to see him play and give it his all, help with the pressure and always keep moving and no just walking around, they might fail to go through but atleast leo show heart, leave your soul on the pitch.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
We just don’t know with Messi nowadays. As much as we say he should go deathground vs Nigeria, it starts off with Sampaoli’s lineup/tactics, then for his teammates to click to influence Messi’s attitude. Otherwise we’re going to continue to watch him throw in the towel and not give a fuck as we seen from previous UCL KO’s or important La Liga matches (Atletico Madrid 2014 comes to mind). Mascherano is a highly respectable teammate within the NT, but sometimes I wonder if he ever puts Messi in check for his BS even with Barcelona.

On the other hand, without Leo this horseshit of a squad wouldn’t even be playing in Russia, so to an extent Messi has done his part and he can only do so much with his responsibilities/age. It maybe a flaw towards Messi for his self entitled approach, IF that’s the case then I would wish for someone like a puyol to keep his attitude in check. Wish him the best and who knows, a hungry Messi alone can perhaps boost the squad’s morale but it’s literally up to him to do so!

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Its obvious he cares about Argentina and this last chance. If he is in full walking mode it means he is unable to run like a pro anymore. Its fine against depor/levante etc. But 10% of the matches in a season you need to work hard as hell. His fitness/conditioning needs to be seriously questioned/improved then.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Its obvious he cares about Argentina and this last chance. If he is in full walking mode it means he is unable to run like a pro anymore. Its fine against depor/levante etc. But 10% of the matches in a season you need to work hard as hell. His fitness/conditioning needs to be seriously questioned/improved then.

To add on to your point, he’s depended on by both club and country and that takes away a shit ton of his energy

Demog

Although I'm not keen on Argentina, I'd love to see the real Messi at this world cup. He belongs on this stage and sadly he's not done much so far but I mostly blame the manager who is terrible. The Argentine squad is poor too. I can't understand how Rojo, Masch, Caballero and others are regulars for Argentina when they don't even start for their clubs. Apart from the attackers, this is such a terrible squad of players. Messi will need to perform another miracle if Argentina are going to beat Nigeria.

George_Costanza

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans