Luis Suárez

FinBarcelonafan

Do I have to do your homework? OK did most of it (could have missed those would fit in the lower group but I don't think I missed anyone over 50 goals from the top 5 leagues).

GOALS FOR CLUB LAST 2 YEARS INCLUDING FROM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (or Europa if applicable) MATCHES:

Messi, 97
Lewa, 81
CR, 72
Salah, 71
Kane, 65
PEA, 64
Aguero, 62
Cavani, 62
Mpabbe, 60
Suarez, 56
Neymar, 51
Griezmann, 50
Ben Yedder, 50
Sterling, 48
Mane, 46
Aspas, 46
Iacardi, 46
Quag, 45
Firmino, 43
Benzema, 42
Lukaku, 42
Rodrigo, 41
Vardy, 41
Werner, 40
Zapata, 39
Hazard, 38
Jesus, 38
Son, 38
Jovic, 36
Lacazette, 36
Dybala, 36
Sane, 30
Rashford, 26

Now how does that company look of players who got more than 50 goals the last 2 years for their club?

Now who are we talking about attaining to improve upon Suarez's goal production by benching him for that player? How much would it cost for said player, even if there is any selling point for the selling team?
As far as I am concerned the two best alternatives we could have gotten this offseason were Griezmann and Jovic, neither of which had Suarez's goal production and further we got one of them!

Now if you can't find a reasonable alternative to acquire to replace him can you stop the bitching and moaning about the supposed "low production" from one Luis Suarez?

Good point. He has good statistics but by all means they should be better.

clemente

Do I have to do your homework? OK did most of it (could have missed those would fit in the lower group but I don't think I missed anyone over 50 goals from the top 5 leagues).

GOALS FOR CLUB LAST 2 YEARS INCLUDING FROM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (or Europa if applicable) MATCHES:

Messi, 97
Lewa, 81
CR, 72
Salah, 71
Kane, 65
PEA, 64
Aguero, 62
Cavani, 62
Mpabbe, 60
Suarez, 56
Neymar, 51
Griezmann, 50
Ben Yedder, 50
Sterling, 48
Mane, 46
Aspas, 46
Iacardi, 46
Quag, 45
Firmino, 43
Benzema, 42
Lukaku, 42
Rodrigo, 41
Vardy, 41
Werner, 40
Zapata, 39
Hazard, 38
Jesus, 38
Son, 38
Jovic, 36
Lacazette, 36
Dybala, 36
Sane, 30
Rashford, 26

Now how does that company look of players who got more than 50 goals the last 2 years for their club?

Now who are we talking about attaining to improve upon Suarez's goal production by benching him for that player? How much would it cost for said player, even if there is any selling point for the selling team?
As far as I am concerned the two best alternatives we could have gotten this offseason were Griezmann and Jovic, neither of which had Suarez's goal production and further we got one of them!

Now if you can't find a reasonable alternative to acquire to replace him can you stop the bitching and moaning about the supposed "low production" from one Luis Suarez?

I'll never understand why you go with numbers to compare players, who has Suarez feeding balls to him and who is feeding balls to Vardy? And then you show me who has more goals? I watch him every week and I watch PL matches, Suarez isn't even a footbal player anymore.

Alik

Would be interesting to see the missed chances list too. I remember someone post those a while back.

The TOP Player of Missing big chances in season 18/19:

1. Luis Suarez (48)

2.Robert Lewandowski (39)

3. Kylian Mbappe (31)

4.Timo Werner (28)

5. Aubameyang (28)

6. Jamie Vardy (27)

7. Karim Benzema (26)

8. Gabriel Jesus (22)

BBZ8800

The TOP Player of Missing big chances in season 18/19:

1. Luis Suarez (48)

2.Robert Lewandowski (39)

3. Kylian Mbappe (31)

4.Timo Werner (28)

5. Aubameyang (28)

6. Jamie Vardy (27)

7. Karim Benzema (26)

8. Gabriel Jesus (22)

Those stats don't say too much.

If a player 1 gets into 200 chances per season, of course that he will miss 150 chances.
A player 2 who had 10 chances in that season will have 6-7 misses.
Is the 2nd guy better then?
No.

You need a percentage of goals scored from big chances.
** I am not saying that Suarez won't suck in that stat also. I am just saying that your stats are misleading and don't tell too much.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

If a player 1 gets into 200 chances per season, of course that he will miss 150 chances.
No.

** I am not saying that Suarez won't suck in that stat also. I am just saying that your stats are misleading and don't tell too much.

Error 404: Self awareness not found
giphy.gif

KingLeo10

No.

Lmao, says the guy who pulls more random numbers out of anywhere and passes them off as having any meaningful interpretation when they support your POST-HOC 'hypotheses'. Do you ever actually make predictions BEFOREHAND and then analyze numbers to test whether they support your prediction? Nope, you wait until something happens in our season with a player or manager and then pull out random numbers to support your 'prediction'.

Literally textbook anti-scientific method.

Arizona Scott

I'll never understand why you go with numbers to compare players, who has Suarez feeding balls to him and who is feeding balls to Vardy? And then you show me who has more goals? I watch him every week and I watch PL matches, Suarez isn't even a footbal player anymore.

So you think Vardy is better, OK. Who else do you think would be a better #9 for Barca. Sorry even in the twilight of his career Suarez is a beast, not the undefendable force he was in his late 20s, but still a special player. He has the 2nd best metrics in La Liga--ones that consider everything positive and negative players do (from assists to goals to key passes to lost dribbles and miss shots). I just think you are so far off on this, but it is clear no data or logic will move you on this. Its fine, I know about 40% of the posters on this board are with you, maybe 50%--luckily they don't make the managing and acquisition decisions.

Arizona Scott

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Spain-La-Liga

Dude was #2 rated player in La Liga that includes everything measured and weighted, INCLUDING MISSED CHANCES. This is the most unbiased it gets.

In sofascore he isn't #2, somerwhere around #5 in La Liga. (there is a big bunch competing for like #2-#7 with Messi in another stratosphere.

But keep going along with cherry picking the one stats he looks bad (e.g., chances missed, or something more obscure such as he doesn't score in away matches in the CL that are played on the 1st or 3rd Tuesday of April eahc year) or just ignoring simple stats most commonly used for strikers (goals and assists scored) or complex metrics ones (overall player ranking in whoscored or sofa score or other sources) it all together.

Yes I know, it does fit the agenda that Suarez sucks and is one of our biggest problems, or the agenda that I just don't like him for his biting, diving, petulance, reported racists comments, etc I can assure you the club players and his national team very much appreciates he is on their team and not on the opposing side.

clemente

So you think Vardy is better, OK. Who else do you think would be a better #9 for Barca. Sorry even in the twilight of his career Suarez is a beast, not the undefendable force he was in his late 20s, but still a special player. He has the 2nd best metrics in La Liga--ones that consider everything positive and negative players do (from assists to goals to key passes to lost dribbles and miss shots). I just think you are so far off on this, but it is clear no data or logic will move you on this. Its fine, I know about 40% of the posters on this board are with you, maybe 50%--luckily they don't make the managing and acquisition decisions.

You are the one who mentioned Vardy, I'm just calling out your logic comparing strikers goals when they have much worse players providing for them. All you are saying again how many goals he has or how good he was during his peak, I don't care, I actually watch him and I watch more than just barca matches, I always look away from the screen every time he gets the ball in the build up, because the outcome is literally the same every time.

Home of Barca Fans