Luis Suárez

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I am almost entirely sure that his problem is mental, and not so much physical as people point out. Perhaps both but primarily a mental issue.

He is overthinking every single play and it results in him always taking the more difficult, higher reward choice because he is trying so hard to do something amazing to boost his confidence and get out of the rut his in. Last match it worked out several times and immediately saw flashes of the confident, dangerous Suarez. He needs to relax and take it easy. The thing is he is an instinctual player, and it doesn't work out when he is having to exert too much thought into what he's going to do next it just trips him up.

He just needs to set himself straight mentally, and once he regains self-belief it'll he like nothing happened.

Total-Football

i was going to post : " bench this player " than i forgot that if i say "bench this player" to every player who deserves to be benched then we will start with 6 or 7 players.. Ridiculous

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He is not helping the team at all! Even if the tactics don't suit him, he's still botching easy plays left and right... Horrible!

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
He is not helping the team at all! Even if the tactics don't suit him, he's still botching easy plays left and right... Horrible!

There's no way someone can declinen so drastically in such a short period of time. It's like he's been inactive for 15 years. Something's not right in his noggin.

dakt

I am almost entirely sure that his problem is mental, and not so much physical as people point out. Perhaps both but primarily a mental issue.

He is overthinking every single play and it results in him always taking the more difficult, higher reward choice because he is trying so hard to do something amazing to boost his confidence and get out of the rut his in. Last match it worked out several times and immediately saw flashes of the confident, dangerous Suarez. He needs to relax and take it easy. The thing is he is an instinctual player, and it doesn't work out when he is having to exert too much thought into what he's going to do next it just trips him up.

He just needs to set himself straight mentally, and once he regains self-belief it'll he like nothing happened.

I would agree with overthinking theory, but seeing him pulling the same old tricks from his "tricks library" is making him very predictable.

M

MessiCam

Tactics don’t suite him? The tactics were changed to accommodate him and yet he is still all sorts of rubbish.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I would agree with overthinking theory, but seeing him pulling the same old tricks from his "tricks library" is making him very predictable.
His timing and intuition is all fucked up. There's a right moment to pull your tricks where they're gonna work, everybody's got em but the timing is everything. He is doing them every other play out of desperation. It's just not going to work.

Givenchy

honestly even in the treble season he never reached the heights of THAT season at Liverpool.

imo this is just a simple case of declining and its not as if this came out of nowhere.. at times last season he was shocking and missing chance after chance. now MSN is no more and the onus back on Messi, his decline is being brutally exposed. no idea wtf we do from here, i guess hope he improves somewhat? theres no way we'll be able to sell him, unless some Chinese club come in for him and Paulinho works his magic.

we need to go for younger players, get rid of the deadwood and stop paying these ridiculous wages. i saw a report a week ago and compared to other clubs our wage structure is horrendous. we have Arda just eating up a chunk of that wage budget doing fuck all

Last edited:

Neymessi

There's no way someone can declinen so drastically in such a short period of time. It's like he's been inactive for 15 years. Something's not right in his noggin.

This isn't a drastic decline by any means. Don't want to sound like a broken record but bad passes, terrible ball control, terrible dribbling has all been part of him ever since the treble season ended.

The only reason his decline seems drastic is because he has stopped scoring and before he used to score. Yes his overall gameplay apart from finishing wasn't as bad as it is now but it was still very very bad.

Neeraj

This isn't a drastic decline by any means. Don't want to sound like a broken record but bad passes, terrible ball control, terrible dribbling has all been part of him ever since the treble season ended.

The only reason his decline seems drastic is because he has stopped scoring and before he used to score. Yes his overall gameplay apart from finishing wasn't as bad as it is now but it was still very very bad.

Agreed. You can see him turning to shit for some time now; lots of goals (and lots of them being messi assisted stat padded ones) fooled a lot of people into believing otherwise. It's actually not that 'sudden', the decline. There's a good chance he will have a game with a hat trick somewhere down the line, and everyone will hail the return of the 'old' Suarez. I can bet top dollar that will be a one off.

However shit Paco is, he still contributed, like any average player would do, especially when you have Messi behind you. An average striker will score an average amount of chances. Suarez cannot do anything right at the moment.

Valverde thinks by playing him every single minute, he will get him back his form, which is beyond stupid. The only way he gets back even some of his form is by being benched, coming on against teams when we have no pressure, playing fewer minutes where he can give it his all, coming on during stat pad time, etc. Valerde's insistence of playing him is by far the most frustrating thing about him, even more so than his shitty defensive tactics.

Home of Barca Fans