Barca Transfers and Rumors

gregorrin10

I really want us to find a a very good AM and a very good LW.

Theres not really any better LW than Neymar, but for the price, age and personality....i dont know if its worth it.
I would love to get Sane, but thats even less realistic.

We need a good AM to complement FDJ and Arthur. One that has pace and technique, like Iniesta, but i cant think of anyone really.
Has anyone watched Thiago Almada? i saw we were linked with him a while ago. Hes only 18 so it would be a talent for the future.

Someone like Havertz would be perfect, but there's no chance our Board is that forward thinking.

Judoman

True, but I think we will have to do with this attack and the play with Suarez when Dembele/Griezmann is injured, or with a 4-man midfield.

Ideally I would love an extra attacker with pace as a sub, but I think it would be too expensive for now.
Maybe someone like Guerreiro could be both LW and LB-sub instead of Filipe Luís? I don't know if he is pacy enough. I'm unsure that we can afford even him.
If Man-U or PSG goes crazy for Coutinho or some stupid Chinese club splash insane fees for Rakitic/Malcom, then maybe we will have enough money to buy an extra attacker.

Or you could just keep Malcom. The guy wants to stay...

BarçaBarça

Or you could just keep Malcom. The guy wants to stay...

Well, yes, if he wants to stay? I wasn't sure about that. Especially if we get a new coach, we should keep him.

Someone like Havertz would be perfect, but there's no chance our Board is that forward thinking.

And mighty expensive, don't you think? Even smaller clubs demands ridiculous amounts these days. Although Son went for 30M and Brandt for 25M, so if we could get him for that amount, it is a really good opportunity.

But I think this board maybe even so forward thinking that they want Alena and Puig to have minutes to prove what they are made of. It would be better if one of them or both turned into a Havertz, and they very well could, imo. Therefore I also want Rakitic sold and Busquets/Roberto to play way less, so Alena and Puig can get substantial minutes next season.

MTL_Barca

Havertz pricetag is supposedly more in the range of 100M, but they also said he won't be sold this summer. Will probably move for 80+ to Bayern next year.

Brandt had a release clause btw, his previous one was even lower (12M iirc) so they weren't in a good position when they renewed his contract.

Barcilliant

This club is going to end up like Utd or Milan. There is no long term vision. Band aid solutions and signing aging stars. Essentially that's what we do now.

Barto is a clown betting on Shitverde for the future.

Arizona Scott

This club is going to end up like Utd or Milan. There is no long term vision. Band aid solutions and signing aging stars. Essentially that's what we do now.

Isn't he more betting on FDJ, Dembele, Arthur, Lenglet & possibly Semedo for the future? 4.5/7 ain't bad for recent reasonable young players purchased in the last 2 years (jury still out of Semedo but it doesn't look like Coutinho and Malcom were good buys/fits). Then maybe De Ligt or another major purchase this summer window.

I think Barto has done pretty well with recent acquisitions, now not flipping the manager is another matter.

BarçaBarça

They have a long term vision: Signing the best talents out there, who has Barca DNA. That is why they are going for De Ligt and bought Arthur+De Jong and plans to make room for Alena+Puig.

Tbh if we bought young upcoming CF's like Werner or Rashford people would be like "We are ruining Messis last years, fuck the board, these players aren't good enough yet".
It's idiot to say that we should buy Mbappe, because we will if we can and would if we could already. Felix for 120M is ridiculous and very dangerous + not even a CF.

I would like Valverde gone, but the boards thinking isn't idiotic. We won the league 2 years in a row with him. Next year Atletico is in shambles, and Madrid needs to rebuild badly and get whole new chemistry going. If we perform like the last 2 years we will win again. Right now there is a bigger chance for that with Valverde than with available coaches like Setien. Then I think next year we will get Setien or whoever is available with a more exciting attacking style to please the fans and make way for the 2021 campaign.

Messi983

Including FDJ and Emerson we've bought 18 players (not included short-term loan deals for KPB and Murillo and players promoted/bought through Barça B) since 2016.

- 14 of them were 23 or younger.
- Coutinho was 26
- Cilllessen was 27 but he's a backup GK and age is really not that important for GKs who can play on high level into their mid-thirties
- So the only "oldies" we've bought were Paulinho (who was sold for protit a year later) and Vidal

But yeah, we are only buying old players. :lol:

MTL_Barca

Including FDJ and Emerson we've bought 18 players (not included short-term loan deals for KPB and Murillo and players promoted/bought through Barça B) since 2016.

- 14 of them were 23 or younger.
- Coutinho was 26
- Cilllessen was 27 but he's a backup GK and age is really not that important for GKs who can play on high level into their mid-thirties
- So the only "oldies" we've bought were Paulinho (who was sold for protit a year later) and Vidal

But yeah, we are only buying old players. :lol:

While all of that is true, the starting 11 is becoming older and older since a lot of these young players weren't used that frequently and/or just not good enough. Also some of them already left in the meantime. So it's not just about the age of the signings but also the quality and integrating them into the first team. That is something that should be addressed.

Let's just say Griezmann joins, De Ligt doesn't and Rakitic stays, then the gala 11 at the start of next season could look like this:

Suarez (32)
Messi (32)
Griezmann (28)
Frenkie (22)
Rakitic (31)
Busquets (31)
Sergi (27)
Pique (32)
Lenglet (24)
Alba (30)
Ter Stegen (27)

So 5 players younger than 30, out of these only 2 younger than 25. Average age 28,7 years. Probably hitting 29 by the time CL K.O. stage gets rolling.

Of course there's also Dembele (22), Malcom (22), Alena (21) Arthur (23), Semedo (25) as options and other players could join but it's Valverde so i wouldn't expect too much here.

Nowhere near Milan/Utd levels because the quality is still there and there are some good young players in the squad, but i can see where people are coming from with this.

Last edited:

Riordon

Cancelo is possible for 45-60m. With the way he was playing at the first 6 month of the season I never thought he would be possible and its a decent price aswell. Dont lose thise opportunity. RB's are rare. Both Semedo and Bob are shit. Check the latest Statsbomb article about him and his rader, truly a monster offensively and decent defensively.

Zidane82

Wish we’d go for Hagi’s son. ... looks a fabulous young talent

Wow great minds think alike !!

You beat me by seconds

They’re saying he’s better than his father was at the same age

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans