Barca Transfers and Rumors

Basho_toporskyi

I can't believe thud day would come, a day I'd look at t he moves Madrid is making and weep for those in charge at barca. It almost like we swapped places with Madrid. They are making decisive decisions and buying youths with unbelievable prospects but we are here chasing a deadleg overrated player and french Beckham. At a cost of selling our next generation talents. Barcalicos!

malvolio

I can't believe thud day would come, a day I'd look at t he moves Madrid is making and weep for those in charge at barca. It almost like we swapped places with Madrid. They are making decisive decisions and buying youths with unbelievable prospects but we are here chasing a deadleg overrated player and french Beckham. At a cost of selling our next generation talents. Barcalicos!

That's a bit of an exaggeration. They had to do something like this since the whole squad needed a rebuild. Meanwhile, we might still get the best young CB in De Ligt and we already have the best two young midfielders in Arthur and De Jong. Dembele ain't to shabby if he is healthy and we just need some more goals from the front line - Griezmann? Neymar?

From a managerial point of view it's another debate...

Last edited:

Basho_toporskyi

The issue is not even about the players if we can lose to Roma and Shaqiri and Co.
Origi! Damn. The issue is the way we play, our coach and reinforcing weak spots.

Ter (whomever even if it's Reina/Masip)
Semedo(Roberto/KimmichWague) Pique(Todibo/DeLigt) Umititi(Lenglet) Alba(cucurella/Alaba)

Busquets(Vidal) Arthur(Rabiot) Dejong(Eriksen/Pogba)

Dembele Messi. Coutinho. (Lacazette, Malcom, Suarez/Ney/Griez)

Eriksen can play LW, Griez can play CAM likewise Messi.
Rabiot will provide balance on the Left flank and reduce Alba's crisis

Personally I won't buy either Griez or DeLigt.

LABarcaFan

NO to Griezmann and Neymar...

That's a bit of an exaggeration. They had to do something like this since the whole squad needed a rebuild. Meanwhile, we might still get the best young CB in De Ligt and we already have the best two young midfielders in Arthur and De Jong. Dembele ain't to shabby if he is healthy and we just need some more goals from the front line - Griezmann? Neymar?

From a managerial point of view it's another debate...

I can agree with most of your post, besides that two names you have mentioned for our front line Griezmann and Neymar. Two over-rated and expensive players. Till there are Barca fans who are consistently mentioning these two names, we would have no chances to rebuild this team. Look at what F.Perez and Z.Zidane are doing in Madrid. That is what I call smart organization. The problems of Barca are coming from two personas - Bartomeu and Valverde. None of them has clear vision and knowledge of how to upgrade the team. In 12 days, the transfer window will open, but we are not doing anything positive so far. Still talking about this two players. That is shame. That is not the Barcelona team I know. We used to be the best team in the World for many, many years.

Arizona Scott

Real didn't come close to a trophy and were a crap show last year. I am pretty sure we are going to be better than them, again. No I would not trade places with them despite our warts (mainly in the manager, and getting Busi out of the starting line-up). We just signed the best young midfielder in the world--the #1 target we could have signed. We also need to maximize the time of arguable the GOAT, got no problem at all with Griezmann. Hell of better move than much less flexible and motivationally inconsistent Eden Hazard. More time to add defenders too.

LABarcaFan

We don't need a new striker Messi can play there perfectly fine.

We need to fix out left wing. Hazard would have been great, Neymar was great, and I personally think we should go all out for Neymar as he us the only left winger I can think of who woukd reduce the messidependnece, Bayern woukd have knocked us out in the treble winning season if it weren't for Neymar being clutch.

In 2 years time Neymar Messi Dembele isn't such a bad frontline no?

You are not Barca fan if you really want that cancer back. That is all I can say for your meaningless post.

Arizona Scott

So what that means? He can sit on the bench and be a cheer-leader for his best friend - Leo.

It means there is no #9 remotely attainable right now who could put Suarez to the bench. We can't buy any Liverpool players, PSG isn't selling Mbappe, and Spurs pair would cost an arm and leg is available at all-- and the Spurs pair may or may not be better for us than Suarez.

BarçaBarça

F*ck helping Valencia. They are a direct rival. Didn't they just beat us in the CDR final.

Denis isn't worth more than 15M, Rafinha even less with just a year left on his contract and coming off a serious injury. So I'll take whatever we'll get for them.

Rumours are that we help Valencia with balancing before July 1st with the swap, and then the help us offload Denis and/or Rafinha in the coming window.

If that is true, then it doesn't really matter if we get 5-10M € in the swap or by "overpaying" for Denis or Rafinha. It would be quite smart business for the club, tbh.
Of course we can discuss whether Neto should be backup instead of Iñaki Peña, but that is another discussion - the business part could be very fine, if the rumours above are true.

Messi983

Rumours are that we help Valencia with balancing before July 1st with the swap, and then the help us offload Denis and/or Rafinha in the coming window.

If that is true, then it doesn't really matter if we get 5-10M € in the swap or by "overpaying" for Denis or Rafinha. It would be quite smart business for the club, tbh.
Of course we can discuss whether Neto should be backup instead of Iñaki Peña, but that is another discussion - the business part could be very fine, if the rumours above are true.

And they "help" us.

From what I've read Cillessen-Neto "swap" will be evaulated at 30M€ from both clubs. In other words it would be the same as if we would sell them Jasper for 30M and then buy Neto for the same amount.

We bought JC for 15M in 2016 so his annual amortisation is 3M (15M divided by 5-year contract). After 3 years he's still worth 6M (unamortized value). If we "sell" him for 30M we'll make a 24M profit on him in the accounts. That's what Barça and many other clubs are concerned the most about in these last 10 days of the season/fiscal year. They are not as much worried about a cash flow.

So this deal will actually look better on our books than selling him for 20M would. But I don't think we even got a 20M offer, let alone a 30-40M like some people think. Benfica was the most interested club and they apparently offered around 12M. Everton could potentially be interested but only IF they would sell Pickford to United (and for that to happen DDG would first need to leave to PSG/other club and there is no guarantee this will happen in this transfer window but it certainly won't happen this month). JC also said a few weeks ago that he wants to play in a CL team (preferably from a top 5 league) so our options were limited from the start. We can't sell him to Everton or West Ham if he doesn't want to go there.

SeloBarca

I really want us to find a a very good AM and a very good LW.

Theres not really any better LW than Neymar, but for the price, age and personality....i dont know if its worth it.
I would love to get Sane, but thats even less realistic.

We need a good AM to complement FDJ and Arthur. One that has pace and technique, like Iniesta, but i cant think of anyone really.
Has anyone watched Thiago Almada? i saw we were linked with him a while ago. Hes only 18 so it would be a talent for the future.

BarçaBarça

If we end up with this window, which is realistic at this point, it would be really great and we shouldn't fear Reals spending spree:

IN:
De Jong (75 M)
Griezmann (120 M)
De Ligt (75 M)
Neto (30 M)
Luis (0 M)

OUT:
Denis (10 M)
Rafinha (15 M)
Gomes (25 M)
Coutinho (90 M)
Rakitic (40 M)
Malcom (40 M)
Cillessen (30 M)

Net spend 50 M with an improved squad.

-----------Ter Stegen-----------
Semedo--Pique--De Ligt--Alba
-------------De Jong------------
-------Arthur--------Vidal-------
---------------Messi-------------
-----Griezmann-----Dembele---

Bench:
Suarez, Alena, Puig, Busquets, Roberto, Luis, Lenglet, Umtiti, Neto

Then I would hope for Wagué or Emerson to explode at RB to make the bench, but else look for a new RB next window depending on Semedos performances (I believe he needs to start a good amount of games before we can truly write him off).

With that team/lineup we have a better balance with WC CB's, new dynamic in midfield where De Jong + Arthur-teamwork could be a breath of fresh air, while Vidal runs/does the dirty work, needed to play 3 forwards. Alena and even Puig should get decent minutes (more than Busquets + Roberto, imo), so we can ease in a whole new setup during the next 1-2-3 seasons in midfield. Griezmann will be levels above everyones wet dream Jovic, who will be benched by Benzema at Real, and everyone will realize that they can live with a goofy character and horrendous celebrations, as long as he provides a decent amount of steady goals + assists, as I'm sure he will. Dembele will bring the pace we direly need, and Messi can find him on counters, where Griezmann will be useful too. The ball flow from De Jong - Arthur - Messi - Griezmann should be sufficient to break up low defences, but of course the coach (still not sure it's going to be Valverde) needs to make them work tactically most efficient together.

The exciting thing to see is the chemistry in attack, and the potential is there to make a world class attack. Question marks are around Alba and Semedo - both could prove to be sub-par, but I think it is too early to splash on replacement for either, as Semedo hasn't had enough continuing playing time to write off, and Alba despite that he cost us CL last season had one of the best league seasons, and therefore could repeat that.

With some proper tactics, with a more attacking mindset and style, I think we are much better set than Madrid, our main rivals for the league. They have a lot of exciting talent, but unproven on the big stage and that is risky because league titles require continuity, which we have with proven world class players.

Judoman

Net spend 50 M with an improved squad.

-----------Ter Stegen-----------
Semedo--Pique--De Ligt--Alba
-------------De Jong------------
-------Arthur--------Vidal-------
---------------Messi-------------
-----Griezmann-----Dembele---

Bench:
Suarez, Alena, Puig, Busquets, Roberto, Luis, Lenglet, Umtiti, Neto

I think you re missing Griezmann/Dembele subs

BarçaBarça

I think you re missing Griezmann/Dembele subs

True, but I think we will have to do with this attack and the play with Suarez when Dembele/Griezmann is injured, or with a 4-man midfield.

Ideally I would love an extra attacker with pace as a sub, but I think it would be too expensive for now.
Maybe someone like Guerreiro could be both LW and LB-sub instead of Filipe Luís? I don't know if he is pacy enough. I'm unsure that we can afford even him.
If Man-U or PSG goes crazy for Coutinho or some stupid Chinese club splash insane fees for Rakitic/Malcom, then maybe we will have enough money to buy an extra attacker.

Home of Barca Fans