Lucas Digne

xXKonan

Seems intelligent to be able to play as a LCB without having a lot of errors against a team like Atletico. He could be more than just a mere LB for us.

BBZ8800

In the current 343, our fullbacks won't have much playing time.

I can see Alba playing as a left Cb in a 3-men defensive line from time to time.
But even Alba won't play as much as before.

Biggest individual winners (more playing time and they feel more comfortable) of 343: Rakitic, Rafinha, Roberto
Biggest individual losers (less playing time) or 343: Gomes, Denis, Alba, Digne

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He can play lcb in most games no problem. DM -Busquets drops to back line anyway when we are defending so nominal LCBs Albe/Digne are LBs in reality.

Richard.H

He is a phenomenal player and I think he deserves more minutes. Perhaps he can play as the LM in the 3-4-3? Worth a try

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hasn't featured much recently even though he's the 2nd best transfer we had this season. Not an ideal situation if Alba's not getting any time and Digne is getting even less. Honestly think he'd play well in the back 3 with Umtiti and Pique if we want someone with pace and aerial ability to play in place of Mascherano.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
For what it's worth, I personally believe Digne could've been the solution to LCB today. He seems much smarter than Mathieu, no slouch in the air either. Of course, none of this is certain since he has gotten literally no playing time in months. I can only base it off the performances he gave before this long spell of absence, which were very impressive for the most part IMO. If Digne had the chance to continue that momentum, then today he would likely be the best choice.

Not that it makes any difference now, Barca's season is pretty much over and so is Digne's Barca career if he continues to get this neglect from the coaching staff.

God Serena

First Lucho pisses off Grimaldo and makes him leave by ignoring him, then he does it to Digne, and then to Alba.

Way to leave the club better off when you leave than when you got here, Lucho.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
First Lucho pisses off Grimaldo and makes him leave by ignoring him, then he does it to Digne, and then to Alba.

Way to leave the club better off when you leave than when you got here, Lucho.

Lucho seems to have something against full backs... Even if Montoya was not good enough, Lucho still treated him like dirt, then he alienated Alves who left, and finally went for Vidal (who wasn't good enough either but that's besides the point because Lucho never tried to fix the RB spot, he just pushed Bob there)... Once he was finished with out right flank, he started the same destruction journey but in the left flank, and since he doesn't have much time left he needed to hurry up...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he's gone this summer. With the emergence of Mendy and Deschamps' use of past-it, experienced players too, he has to play week in and out to make that France WC Squad.

As much as he'd love to play for us, I think he also want to make the WC and play with more regularity.

If he decides to leave, we absolutely should try to sell him to Man City who need new FBs. Could cash in well.

God Serena

Lucho seems to have something against full backs... Even if Montoya was not good enough, Lucho still treated him like dirt, then he alienated Alves who left, and finally went for Vidal (who wasn't good enough either but that's besides the point because Lucho never tried to fix the RB spot, he just pushed Bob there)... Once he was finished with out right flank, he started the same destruction journey but in the left flank, and since he doesn't have much time left he needed to hurry up...

Also completely ignoring Palencia and Nilli without even giving them a chance in much the same way.

JamDav1982

Also completely ignoring Palencia and Nilli without even giving them a chance in much the same way.

They are not good enough and nowhere near as good as Sergi Roberto who is not good enough at RB.

There are legitimate concerns about Lucho but not calling up those two was nothing wrong.

God Serena

They are not good enough and nowhere near as good as Sergi Roberto who is not good enough at RB.

There are legitimate concerns about Lucho but not calling up those two was nothing wrong.

We've had plenty of opportunities to try them out. It's the exact same case as with Grimaldo. We can't say how they'd do with the first team with a sample size of zero.

We even used Masche at RB and there's nothing you can say to me that will justify that one.

Home of Barca Fans