Yerry Mina

malvolio

i think valverde doesn't have the balls to upset the starters. he already is in a delicate position after the rome humiliation so a fallout with the locker room veterans would not improve his position.

benching pique or umtiti now, in a match against valencia, would imply that those two are punished for their display on tuesday.

snowy

i think valverde doesn't have the balls to upset the starters. he already is in a delicate position after the rome humiliation so a fallout with the locker room veterans would not improve his position.

benching pique or umtiti now, in a match against valencia, would imply that those two are punished for their display on tuesday.

One more reason for him to be given the boot. And it seems like all this fear is reflective of management and trickles down from the top. Barto & his sissy gang played it safe by agreeing to established and expensive players like Arda, Paco, Pauli and Gomes rather than take calculated risks on younger, better prospects... don't even know why scouting doesn't use Moneyball style strategies. We even talked about it last year at some point.

As for our coach, his denial that the Roma loss was a horrid fiasco shows he's completely deluded. Add to that his unapologetic stubbornness and it's possible he'll only play Mina as a last resort, if ever, or give him a few pity minutes here and there. Saaaaad

BarcaOG

Banned
fuck valverde, honestly. we snatch up one of the most promising south american CBs who has the physical attributes to make him a beast. then he totally neglects developing him. so fucking absurd

xXKonan

You can argue Verm is also being under utilized as well and he's in much better form than Umtiti is.

It's strange that Verm who stood in for Umtiti for 9 games straight and looked good was suddenly considered an afterthought after Umtiti came back. I guess now I understand the rumors on why Mascherano felt like he was not valued enough under Valverde.

DAMNit

Valverde decided to drop him after making that no-look pass vs. Getafe

If that's enough to drop a player, Valverde's sacrilegious outing against Roma is more than enough for a sack.
Never seen Barcelona play so bad. And we've been bad all season.

abiabi

Honestly Marlon showed me way more qualities than Mina, specially with the ball. This guy looks too tall and lumbering to work in our system. Why didint we give him more chances

I just don't get why the fuck is Robert Fernandez still in charge.

clemente

Honestly Marlon showed me way more qualities than Mina, specially with the ball. This guy looks too tall and lumbering to work in our system. Why didint we give him more chances

I just don't get why the fuck is Robert Fernandez still in charge.

Because he is really good at signing defence? Umtiti, Semedo ar the recent examples. Even Mina probably, we don't really know why has Valverde ditched him.

Givenchy

why the fuck did we buy him and 'waste' an EU slot for him if EV had no intention of playing him.. fucking stupid stupid stupid. if its down to this unbeaten record, he can shove that up his ass

jairzinho

No surprise Valverde wants the unbeaten record. That's all he's concerned about.

He doesn't give a shit about rotation or incorporating guys like Mina into the team.

That's too much of a risk for him.

When you're challenging for 3 titles, you need to strike a balance and rest players. He's basically overplayed Messi and Iniesta for example because he didn't give a shit about the CL to begin with.

Barcilliant

It's good that there is alot of hate for Valverde.

I've been following Barca for thirty years but I can't remember such a detestable manager. He is a slimy politician in the mould of Barto and company. Always evasive and making excuses.

To freeze Mina out like this shows he has no long term vision, no values, no plan. He is a sack of shit. I feel for this guy. Why did Robert buy Mina if he was not even going to make the bench?!

Fuck you Valverde.

Home of Barca Fans