Robert Fernandez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is a lot of mystery right now. We don't know the internal rules their.
Robert might have been sidelined,or may be Segura role isn't related to transfers and more about other areas such as hiring scouts etc.
For the fans it is a situation we can't judge,it might be improving and will show or it might be an internal problems out there. We simply have no clue tbh
The delay in the deals is starting to worrying for me, Robert has shown l2 things last summer:he keep his cards close and he is more of a fan of signing players not playing in big clubs. This summer things so far doesn't look the same. It is all confusing tbf

Well, I wish they were a bit more transparent instead of staying quiet amidst this shitshow.

Bartomeu's interview was a different shitshow where he basically ended up saying nothing :lol:

Guess we just have to wait then while everyone else keep making moves. Even Atletico have signed a player.

khaled_a_d

One think I like about him is how he can keep his cards close from the media. It has been few weeks since we were linked to Semedo and even then it was from Portuguese outlets

serghei

And look how what a week ago looked like a disaster is now looking good with the potential to look even great after we sign a good midfielder to complete the window. Just don't sign Paulinho and sign Seri instead.

khaled_a_d

If we manage to get rid of Arda/Douglas/Vermaelen then it isn't a bad window. A new midfielder/RW would make it great,depending on which formation we are going to use.
That is obviously on paper. People thought last summer was great before turning against him

serghei

If we manage to get rid of Arda/Douglas/Vermaelen then it isn't a bad window. A new midfielder/RW would make it great,depending on which formation we are going to use.
That is obviously on paper. People thought last summer was great before turning against him

Last summer was OK, minus losing Alves.

We probably won't be able to get rid of Turan, because he is not the type of player you let go for free or something like that. We still have to find a team that will pay us 20-25 m.

DonAK

I think Arda will stay. Perhaps Vermaelen too unless the story about de Boer wanting him is real, and Douglas has told the club he only want to join a Spanish club to qualify for Spanish citizenship.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Props to him for keeping this under wraps but it's reminding me of Gomes and how people were happy with that too only here risk is bigger as Semedo is supposed to be our starting player.

Let's see now who that world class signing will be.

jamrock

Always the same fans overtly enthusiastic about everything little thing these guys seem to get okish at first.

This kid doesn't seem like anything special doesn't seem better than Vidal,but I could be wrong, highly unlikely I am,but let's see.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Always the same fans overtly enthusiastic about everything little thing these guys seem to get okish at first.

This kid doesn't seem like anything special doesn't seem better than Vidal,but I could be wrong, highly unlikely I am,but let's see.

You do realize Vidal is a RW. Basically a forward player we tried to shoehorn into a defensive position. It was evident to anyone that has any remote idea of how a defender is supposed to react and go about his defensive duties that Vidal would never have been anywhere near comfortable playing RB, where even for a team like Barca, he would have to pull off defensive moves. His tackles were rash like any other forward and his defensive positioning is decent at the very best. The defensive abilities Vidal displayed would have been good enough for a hardworking RW to balance out someone like Neymar on the LW, but Semedo being an actual defender brings skills to the table that Vidal would never be able to develop in a decent capacity for a club like Barca. Even in the highlight videos you can see the tackles and overall positioning Semedo takes that makes him instantly better as a RB (who even for Barca actually needs to defend contrary to popular belief). If he can contribute to the attack in an acceptable capacity? We will have to wait and see about that, don't expect miracles as our way of attacking and buildup, even though its become a lot more lacklusture under lucho, is still very unique, for the lack of a better word. It might take some time for him to adapt as a valuable player in the build up play, but I'd feel more secure on a counter or facing an attack with Semedo guarding the lines instead of Vidal.

khaled_a_d

Ok, one of two things:
1-You are commenting on Semedo signing in general,then I can get your point but don't know why it is in this thread rather than the player thread
2-You are talking about people reaction to Robert, which isn't even there and the only things said is that he finishes deal in quite way

DonAK

When asked about Paulinho he said that you got to try and negotiate with a club and if it leads to nothing, you look for alternatives.

Hope that means he's into looking for alternatives

Icarium

Lifestealer
Alternatives for Paulinho: Kondogbia and Fellaini. Oh wait we did not sign an arsenal player this window. Wilshere it is.

xXKonan

When asked about Paulinho he said that you got to try and negotiate with a club and if it leads to nothing, you look for alternatives.

Hope that means he's into looking for alternatives
Considering Guangzhou Evergrande are mad at us and are considering to send a compliant to FIFA, we better hope we are.

Home of Barca Fans