Mavericky Puig

George_Costanza

The national team is completely different, might be a different formation or system plus playing with players who you're not accustomed to. Even more so in u-21 football where everyone is of similar age and little experience.

There is a congested fixture list coming up between now and the next international break, Koeman will have to start utilising his squad more. We saw against Sevilla the same XI looked a little flat by the third game, fresh legs will need to come in. This is when the guys who are lower in the pecking order get to show the coach they deserve more playing time. The second half of the Sevilla game was the perfect scenario to bring in Puig and I think Koeman made a mistake in not doing so.

He played well for NT and was one of the best performers on the pitch. de la Fuente said good things about him and he will start against Kazakhstan on Tuesday. If he was that bad, he would have been dropped after the first game.

vegitot

He played well for NT and was one of the best performers on the pitch. de la Fuente said good things about him and he will start against Kazakhstan on Tuesday. If he was that bad, he would have been dropped after the first game.

He plays well? Not so. His performances are all on youtube and it is mediocre performance after all, especially if you consider it is a performance from some kind of generational talent.

Lets see how he perform against u21 Kazakhstan.

George_Costanza

He plays well? Not so. His performances are all on youtube and it is mediocre performance after all, especially if you consider it is a performance from some kind of generational talent.

Lets see how he perform against u21 Kazakhstan.

Troll, I don't watch highlights made by you :lol: I watched the full match, and he was one of the best performer on the pitch hence he started again and again. If he was that bad, why did the coach count on him? Again, you are very bad at trolling! You begged for the attention and you got it but now you look desperate. :lol:

vegitot

Troll, I don't watch highlights made by you :lol: I watched the full match, and he was one of the best performer on the pitch hence he started again and again. If he was that bad, why did the coach count on him? Again, you are very bad at trolling! You begged for the attention and you got it but now you look desperate. :lol:

Prove you watch the match lol.

The highlight is his action vs Faroe Island and it is mediocre.

Why did the coach count on him? You may ask why Koeman choose Pedri over Puig. Is Pedri better than Puig according to your logic? Seem so.

Post it again. No one would call this is an amazing performance.

Gnidrologist

I watched the highlights of Puig and from my point of view he was good, but not spectacular. Business as usual performance. He didn't put foot wrong, but didn't create as much as he has done in several Barca matches that we seen. I don't see any base to hold this performance as a sign of his weakness and neither OMGHESOGOOD. You guys should maybe try to be less dramatic and shit, okay? He is certified good talent with some of his skills already being elite, but much to grow still (including muscle mass). Chill, dudes, he'll be fine player.

vegitot

Koeman choose Pedri over Puig, so according to geogre_costanza logic, Pedri must be better than Puig. If not, Koeman would start Puig over Pedri.

Make sense.

vegitot

I watched the highlights of Puig and from my point of view he was good, but not spectacular. Business as usual performance. He didn't put foot wrong, but didn't create as much as he has done in several Barca matches that we seen. I don't see any base to hold this performance as a sign of his weakness and neither OMGHESOGOOD. You guys should maybe try to be less dramatic and shit, okay? He is certified good talent with some of his skills already being elite, but much to grow still (including muscle mass). Chill, dudes.

He did put foot wrong, no chance created for his teammates and if you consider this is a performance from some kind of generational talents, it is average, plus againts a weak opponent.

Gnidrologist

Koeman seems to be emotional and stubborn guy. He may have his favorites regardless of merit. Remember how Sacchi never picked Roberto Baggio for Italy despite him being best italian player at the time. He simply didn't like him for some reason.

vegitot

Koeman seems to be emotional and stubborn guy. He may have his favorites regardless of merit. Remember how Sacchi never picked Roberto Baggio for Italy despite him being best italian player at the time. He simply didn't like him for some reason.

You may talk about Euro 1996 which Baggio was not called up. He was not on good form, plus Italy had Zola at that time.

Koeman may want to strict with his plan until long enough but yes, he should give Puig minutes instead of subbing Pedri for every match.

But according to geogre_costanza logic, Pedri must be better than Puig, thats why Pedri is Koeman choice.

Gnidrologist

I think Puig i better than Pedri at this moment of time for the sole fact that he has proved to be an asset against relatively strong teams. Despite his flaws, he has inserted a way of play that we haven't seen since Xavi and Iniesta retired from our team. For that reason alone he should be cherished and developed into first team. I'm tired of "patient midfielders", i like crisp between the lines passes and a lot of off the ball movement, which Puig has done the best among our team. Busquets is still great passer, but his slowness and lack of physical attributes show that even in double pivot system he might be better choice. His youthful tenaciousness may trump Busi's experience and ''know how". I enjoy energetic team. Fuck the slowball. I bet Dejong would be more comfortable playing alongside another mobile MF. He had a lot of movement to react to in Ajax. In current Barca more movement is the main thing we lack and Puig brings that in spades.
Btw, i have no doubt of Pedri's talent. He gives me slight vibes of Iniesta in how intelligently he plays. He still shouldn't be ahead of Puig who has showed actual nerit, in the pecking order.

vegitot

I think Puig i better than Pedri at this moment of time for the sole fact that he has proved to be an asset against relatively strong teams. Despite his flaws, he has inserted a way of play that we haven't seen since Xavi and Iniesta retired from our team. For that reason alone he should be cherished and developed into first team. I'm tired of "patient midfielders", i like crisp between the lines passes and a lot of off the ball movement, which Puig has done the best among our team. Busquets is still great passer, but his slowness and lack of physical attributes show that even in double pivot system he might be better choice. His youthful tenaciousness may trump Busi's experience and ''know how". I enjoy energetic team. Fuck the slowball. I bet Dejong would be more comfortable playing alongside another mobile MF. He had a lot of movement to react to in Ajax. In current Barca more movement is the main thing we lack and Puig brings that in spades.
Btw, i have no doubt of Pedri's talent. He gives me slight vibes of Iniesta in how intelligently he plays. He still shouldn't be ahead of Puig who has showed actual nerit, in the pecking order.

Agree. Only problem is that i dont think Puig can play alongside De Jong as a pivot. He is a sub for Coutinho.

soul24rage

This is my biggest gripe as well.

I understand Koeman saying that Puig is not fitted in the double pivot, but I still don't understand how Busquets and Alena are in front of him.

Puig should be third in the pecking order behind DJ and Pjanic out of the current midfielders for that pivot role imo.

Home of Barca Fans