Bernardo Silva

Xaviniesta

I watched the whole match. Silva was good, assisted the 2nd goal well. But his whole performance was nothing special. Solid as I said.

DL7KBMiU8AAw1sn.jpg

Yannik

Any news about him? He looked very promising at Monaco but I haven't heard a thing about him ever since his move. Is Pep not fond on him?

Jair Ventura

Should have staid at Monaco. Don't understand why footballers leave situations where they're the focal point of a team to spend their prime on some clubs bench. Granted, I understand the pay increase and City being a bigger club, but I'm of the opinion that playing is more valuable than not regardless of the finances involved.

Last edited:

serghei

Should have staid at Monaco. Don't understand why footballers leave situations where they're teh focal point of a team to spend their prime on some clubs bench. Granted, I understand the pay increase and City being a bigger club, but I'm of the opinion that playing is more valuable than not regardless of the finances involved.

And be humiliated by Besiktas? Nah, the man was smart to move. Monaco is a sinking ship.

JamDav1982

Should have staid at Monaco. Don't understand why footballers leave situations where they're teh focal point of a team to spend their prime on some clubs bench. Granted, I understand the pay increase and City being a bigger club, but I'm of the opinion that playing is more valuable than not regardless of the finances involved.

Most top footballers will back themselves to go and break into the first team.

Was right to move. No reason to stay at Monaco and if not City he would have gone elsewhere.

Jair Ventura

And be humiliated by Besiktas? Nah, the man was smart to move. Monaco is a sinking ship.

Monaco is a sinking ship if you don't understand football. If you actually follow the sport you'd understand that this is the traditional process Monaco goes through. The same thing happened after 14/15 when they lost Martial, Carrasco, Kondogbia, Kurzawa, etc. They'll develop their current crop of players, add some talent over the summer and return next season ready to compete in the UCL again.

Never mind the fact that they'll remain top 3 in Ligue 1 after the weekend with the same number of points they'd earned through identical match days last season.

JamDav1982

Monaco is a sinking ship if you don't understand football. If you actually follow the sport you'd understand that this is the traditional process Monaco goes through. The same thing happened after 14/15 when they lost Martial, Carrasco, Kondogbia, Kurzawa, etc. They'll develop their current crop of players, add some talent over the summer and return next season ready to compete in the UCL again.

Never mind the fact that they'll remain top 3 in Ligue 1 after the weekend with the same number of points they'd earned through identical match days last season.

They wont compete in the CL in a years time.

BarçaBarça

I get that Kevin De Bruyne for 75M€ seemed over the top at the time, and was hard to spot as a coming (perfect-barca-style) WC-midfielder and that Mbappe for 180M€ is stupid amounts of money...

But this guy was available for 50M€ this summer, and everyone and their dog new he would be a success in a top club. It is hard to accept that we wasted the summer on Verratti, and didn't secure the available top talent out there.

JamDav1982

I get that Kevin De Bruyne for 75M€ seemed over the top at the time, and was hard to spot as a coming (perfect-barca-style) WC-midfielder and that Mbappe for 180M€ is stupid amounts of money...

But this guy was available for 50M€ this summer, and everyone and their dog new he would be a success in a top club. It is hard to accept that we wasted the summer on Verratti, and didn't secure the available top talent out there.

He has barely played at City.

Lutece FC

Agree 100%.

LeeRomeno

He has played 2 full games this season and bunch of sub-performances, lasting max 20 minutes. I doubt this is what he expected from this transfer. Then again, cannot blame Pep, his selections have been good and no reason to change what is working.

Home of Barca Fans