Anthony Martial

Jombi

Watched the winning goal and that was some crappy defending. The "amazing" Stones was at it again, lol.

Jombi

Crack but you will see that Dembele is better, and he is only 18. Trust me.

Dembele has certainly performed much better than Martial did in France. Sofiane Boufal has performed better than Martial did as well. Lots of people dont want Dembele though until he signs for Liverpool and PSG, and then people complain there are no players available...

Lutece FC

Dembele has certainly performed much better than Martial did in France. Sofiane Boufal has performed better than Martial did as well. Lots of people dont want Dembele though until he signs for Liverpool and PSG, and then people complain there are no players available...

No Boufal is under Martial. He will sign at club like Tottenham or Atletico.
I remeber Martial played only half of a season on Ligue 1, and everybody got insane.

Dembele is already a crack. Watch him tonight vs Monaco. I announce 2 goals for him or 2 passes.

Jombi

I remeber Martial played only half of a season on Ligue 1, and everybody got insane.

Dembele is already a crack. Watch him tonight vs Monaco. I announce 2 goals for him or 2 passes.

If Boufal signs for Atletico he is gone for us anyway. We'll splash the big cash on Gameiro, lol. Dortmund is strongly linked to Dembele for 30m euros, same price as we're rumoured to splash on Gameiro...

Dembele is certainly the big name tonight. Thomas Lemar is also one to watch.

BarçaBarça

Or maybe just no one avaible for any sane amount of money. It is ridiculous to spend +30M.€ on a young striker, that has proved himself during such limited period of time. I mean who is actually worth that big amount of money? IMO Martial still wasn't worth 50/60 M - you could give 5-6 promising young players a try for that amount and spread the risk a little. But for a desperate Manchester United who swims in money, maybe he was worth it - not anywhere near worth it for us.

I mean what is someone like Lacazette (a fairly young, solid goalscorer) worth if youngsters like Dembele is around 30 M.? I would say HE is worth 30 M. not the young risky players. The hype of someone like Dembele is unreal and surely his price will end up being too much, it is too easy to assume that a young player will continue his good performances, but guess what - that is a very risky bet. We should take risky bets with young players, but not put it all on one hyped player.

Unfortunately a madness-transfer like Martial seems to be sufficient justification that young players are just incredible expensive and if you don't pay the prize, you will get no-one. I won't accept that view - if properly scouted we could take a chance with some teen players, who are younger than we used to sign, but who hadn't have their big breakthrough yet. That could be some not-hyped french players or south-americans - as long as we don't pay +30 M. for 18-year-olds who has performed in only 22 games.

If he is the world biggest Barca-fan and would prefer to play for us and turn down every other big money other places + we could exploit the small clubs inexperience with negotiating, then we could consider signing him for 15-20 M. tops. More Halilovic-signings and less Martial-signings for us please :)

BenRobbins

Crack but you will see that Dembele is better, and he is only 18. Trust me.

Yeah he seems unreal and a steal at 30m if dortmund can get him for that. I would like to wait and see how he peforms when at a bigger team and the pressure is a little more challenging. But as you say for an 18 it does seem like he is going to be a guaranteed star.

Adversus

Watched the winning goal and that was some crappy defending. The "amazing" Stones was at it again, lol.

Stones and Jags both had brilliant games. It was unfortunate that both were partly at fault for the winning goal. It would have been nice though for some of the other players to have turned up especially in the first half. It was very easy for Utd but Martial looks a bargain.

Acer

Boufal is better dribbler, more skillfull and better vision than both, he is similar to Ribery. In few word a better winger, the others two are better goalscorers..

bastardo

Boufal is better dribbler, more skillfull and better vision than both, he is similar to Ribery. In few word a better winger, the others two are better goalscorers..

Thats true. From watching all of them, Boufal was the one that had the most influence on his team and he was always everywhere. And like you said, its his finishing that could use some improvement.

Trafalgar

Boufal tend to be very selfish sometimes contrary to Martial ... the games when he passes the ball he's unstopable.

BenRobbins

He is 2 goals and Assists away from matching Hazards tally last season. At the age of 19/20 and playing in such a shite team thats pretty impressive compared to doing it in a team that walked the league last year. This last month he has been outstanding.

Xavinho

He is 2 goals and Assists away from matching Hazards tally last season. At the age of 19/20 and playing in such a shite team thats pretty impressive compared to doing it in a team that walked the league last year. This last month he has been outstanding.

And on top of that, he not only had to adapt to a new club, but also to playing in the premier league. Incredible player.

Co0ter

If Boufal is under Martial then he should be playing for United and Martial should be playing for Atletico.

Home of Barca Fans