Sergio Busquets

M

MessiCam

Problem is our whole midfield is slow as ****. Raki-Ini-Busi. That's just too slow.
The ball moves faster than any player can run... But that’s another thing about Valverde’s Barcelona that is seriously lacking. Ball circulation is pedestrian at the best of times coupled with safety first passes.

FinBarcelonafan

The ball moves faster than any player can run... But that’s another thing about Valverde’s Barcelona that is seriously lacking. Ball circulation is pedestrian at the best of times coupled with safety first passes.

Yeah but when opponents have ball and they are counter attacking we are screwed because they can run through our midfield no problem.

Willian is great example. Look like the best player in the world vs Barca midfield.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
WC will start and everyone will be orgasming about Busquets all over again. So many pathetic posts lately, if you think that a DM needs pace then you should go support Liverpool, that will fit your style.

People were doing that until the money talks came in, then people popped in and showed their true colors.

Joan

We don't know if he's declined or not. But his role, his style of play has changed. He's now more of a playmaker than he's ever been. That's why you often see him leave his position. I don't think of it as an obstacle since Busquets is extremely intelligent and creative, but an opportunity. In order to make the most of it, you need different players in other midfield spots. When he goes upfield, you need someone to cover for him, there you have Rakitić who's a perfect fit. But when Busquets comes back and Rakitić is asked to do something with the ball, to pass it forward, he struggles. That's one of our main midfield problems. He excels though in 4-4-2 when his main job is to take care at the back and come up front when he sees space, which he's good at. Example: Betis game in which Roberto played as a midfielder or games with Paulinho in form.

Barca83

Banned
I thought Busquets was much better this season than he was in Enrique's final one. That being said; I don't think it would hurt us that much if we sold him for a big fee, used Rakitic as the pivot, then bought a player like Eriksen/Thiago to play alongside him and Coutinho.

Busquets used to be quite underrated among non barca supporters but he's started to get a bit overrated by fans who try to sound smart by saying things like "Busquets is more important to the team than Messi"

ASordidGod

I thought Busquets was much better this season than he was in Enrique's final one. That being said; I don't think it would hurt us that much if we sold him for a big fee, used Rakitic as the pivot, then bought a player like Eriksen/Thiago to play alongside him and Coutinho.

Busquets used to be quite underrated among non barca supporters but he's started to get a bit overrated by fans who try to sound smart by saying things like "Busquets is more important to the team than Messi"

Rakitic has been okay the few times he played Busquets role, but over an entire season he'd be a huge downgrade.

Barca83

Banned
Rakitic has been okay the few times he played Busquets role, but over an entire season he'd be a huge downgrade.

Agree that Rakitic in Busquets' role would be a downgrade but using the Busquets money for like someone Eriksen in Rakitic's role in a 433 would more than even it out imo

M

MessiCam

Agree that Rakitic in Busquets' role would be a downgrade but using the Busquets money for like someone Eriksen in Rakitic's role in a 433 would more than even it out imo

It’s not that simple. A single pivot is required to not only have defensive qualities but playmaking abilities too. Rakitic is not that good a playmaker.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Holy shit this thread hurts my brain. One season where he gets shoved in a terrible 4-4-2 and (expectedly) drops in performance and people are actually willing to sell him???? For Rakitic??

Just watch Busquets kill it at the WC this year, as he has been routinely doing for Spain in his native position and formation all season. This team has begun to prioritize the needs of the scrubs and deadweight over the true geniuses that keep this team alive.

JamDav1982

Holy shit this thread hurts my brain. One season where he gets shoved in a terrible 4-4-2 and (expectedly) drops in performance and people are actually willing to sell him???? For Rakitic??

Just watch Busquets kill it at the WC this year, as he has been routinely doing for Spain in his native position and formation all season. This team has begun to prioritize the needs of the scrubs and deadweight over the true geniuses that keep this team alive.

Cant judge anything from Spain games this season.

Iniesta has looked his old self and it is nowhere near been the intensity or testing environment as Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think he did fairly ok considering in previous seasons he always sucked when played double pivot.

Problem is we have too many slow players though and midfield can get overrun.

Home of Barca Fans