Aleix Vidal

Pepe Silvia

Lets just forget how abyssmal a player Vidal was for us. But "plays well with others" is the standard cfiteria these days for shit performers.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
With Roberto likely moving back to midfield I hope Vidal gets a fair chance to compete for the RB spot with whoever Barca sign. Realistically he'll be a quality RB and maybe RW backup, but you never know.

Well, he had a ton of atrocious games and a few decent ones, so realistically he isn't more than a bench player here...

EDIT: I really like him and his positive attitude, but I think that is not enough...

Albo

Well, he had a ton of atrocious games and a few decent ones, so realistically he isn't more than a bench player here...

EDIT: I really like him and his positive attitude, but I think that is not enough...

Ton of atrocious games? He played like 8 games for us this season and vs alaves home he was shit, against betis he was mediocore like the rest of the squad and against everybody else he was good. Or are we supposed to take in the games from 15/16 when he had half a year off football? The fact is that we would have never melted like we did vs PSG & Juventus if we had Aleix available. Our squad was so unbalanced and Roberto was at RB :lol: Sometimes I wonder if everybody on this forum is blind or are they basing their opinions on stuff that happened centuries ago.

Edit: And even in 15/16 season we never lost a game with him. Could somebody explain to me why he is so shit?

Last edited:

Albo

Right, we melted down because we missed Aleix... Oh, but you said that is a FACT so it must be true...

Nice tactic, focus only on one word and ignore the rest. And yes we did melt because we were missing a winger to make 3-4-3 work properly.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Nice tactic, focus only on one word and ignore the rest. And yes we did melt because we were missing a winger to make 3-4-3 work properly.

Until now you had not provided any reason why the meltdown happened, you just said it was a fact because we missed Aleix...

Aleix rarely showed any promise when he played, so we got to the point where people wanted him as a RW because it was clear he wasn't good enough as RB... Sadly, the injury happened when he was finding his place and the RW theory didn't have the chance to be really tested, so it's a looooong shot to say it's a fact that he would have made any difference... For all we know, he could have been just as bad as RW, and even if we was the RW we needed, the rest of the team was just as unbalanced that our CL elimination was inevitable... He was/is no savior...

Albo

Until now you had not provided any reason why the meltdown happened, you just said it was a fact because we missed Aleix...

Aleix rarely showed any promise when he played, so we got to the point where people wanted him as a RW because it was clear he wasn't good enough as RB... Sadly, the injury happened when he was finding his place and the RW theory didn't have the chance to be really tested, so it's a looooong shot to say it's a fact that he would have made any difference... For all we know, he could have been just as bad as RW, and even if we was the RW we needed, the rest of the team was just as unbalanced that our CL elimination was inevitable... He was/is no savior...

Where did I state that he was supposed to be our savior? I just said that we would have never melted like we did with him in the squad.

People on this forum have a nasty habit finding scapegoats with Aleix, Paco & Andre being them for sure. Yet you rarely hear criticism about players like Iniesta & Denis who had absolutely shockers of a season too. It just makes me want to defend some players that are being unjustly criticised for absolutely everything they do.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I just said that we would have never melted like we did with him in the squad.

Under what evidence? Or is it just a hunch?

People on this forum have a nasty habit finding scapegoats with Aleix, Paco & Andre being them for sure. Yet you rarely hear criticism about players like Iniesta & Denis who had absolutely shockers of a season too. It just makes me want to defend some players that are being unjustly criticised for absolutely everything they do.

Nobody has blamed Aleix of anything as far as I'm aware, I just said he wasn't good enough for the team despite his good attitude... And a very significant part of the forum wants Denis sold, and also has given up on Iniesta (who is hard to criticize for all he's done for the club), so I don't know where you are going...

Albo

Under what evidence? Or is it just a hunch?

Nobody has blamed Aleix of anything as far as I'm aware, I just said he wasn't good enough for the team despite his good attitude... And a very significant part of the forum wants Denis sold, and also has given up on Iniesta (who is hard to criticize for all he's done for the club), so I don't know where you are going...

Admittedly, it's a hunch but the way he was playing before his injury was something to get excited about. The 4-0 lose to PSG was a horror show from Roberto.

Yes now people are criticising everyone but it wasn't the case few months ago. Some players are still the clear scapegoats and it won't probably chance any time soon.

Edit: I shouldn't have called it a fact but the squad unbalance, lack of necessary players and Aleix's form would have surely helped.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Admittedly, it's a hunch but the way he was playing before his injury was something to get excited about. The 4-0 lose to PSG was a horror show from Roberto.

Yes now people are criticising everyone but it wasn't the case few months ago. Some players are still the clear scapegoats and it won't probably chance any time soon.

Edit: I shouldn't have called it a fact but the squad unbalance, lack of necessary players and Aleix's form would have surely helped.

No problem, I was being a dick, hahaha... :cheers: Facts get me triggered...

God Serena

Where did I state that he was supposed to be our savior? I just said that we would have never melted like we did with him in the squad.

Lmao, are you actually serious here?

gasgas

So we have Messi Neymar Suarez Iniesta Busquets Pique and we lose 4-0, 3-0 because we don't have............................... Vidal :Vidal:

:rofl1:

clemente

So we have Messi Neymar Suarez Iniesta Busquets Pique and we lose 4-0, 3-0 because we don't have............................... Vidal :Vidal:

:rofl1:

Well it's all about balance, if we have an obvious weakness (RB) it will change the whole outcome, those 4-0 3-0 could have been 4-2 3-2

Albo

Lmao, are you actually serious here?

Yes? Are you saying that they didn't have shit seasons because if you are :lol: :lol: but if you mean that you don't hear criticism about those players, you do now but few months ago I was called a hater and such for stating that Iniesta is one of the worst players in our starting 11 atm.

God Serena

Yes? Are you saying that they didn't have shit seasons because if you are :lol: :lol: but if you mean that you don't hear criticism about those players, you do now but few months ago I was called a hater and such for stating that Iniesta is one of the worst players in our starting 11 atm.

It's almost universal consensus on this forum that Denis is trash and should be sold if the opportunity presents itself. So the narrative that we "rarely" hear criticism about him is, simply put, false.

And Iniesta gets shit basically any time he starts for us and reminds us that he's nowhere near the player he once was.

Home of Barca Fans