Claudio Bravo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am not convinced his current performance is the result of a physical decline, for me it's more likely to be psychological. Only when he performs this poorly for Chile will I believe that he is done.

But he was performing poorly for Chile and was on a downward trend in Barca too in his last 6 months people often overlook. Was doing bad for Chile especially in the Copa America until he made that monumental save in the final as destiny always seem to be against Argentina.

Not all GKs are like Buffon and Van der Sar.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
But he was performing poorly for Chile and was on a downward trend in Barca too in his last 6 months people often overlook. Was doing bad for Chile especially in the Copa America until he made that monumental save in the final as destiny always seem to be against Argentina.

Not all GKs are like Buffon and Van der Sar.

Maybe you're right. Now that I think of it, he did have some poor matches in last year's Copa America.

BarcaOG

Banned
sad to see. i really loved his contributions to our team as well as his spirit. i agree that perhaps the barca collective made him look better, but that is not to say he wasn't dependable, and at times even phenomenal, for us.

i hope he gets a fresh start beyond city and that he manages to play for a couple more years--and play well.

xXKonan

Moving into a new league while learning a new language at the age of 33 was always going to be a challenge. I remember they saying that his newborn daughters illness played a role in his struggles during the Copa America.

He was a good keeper for us without a doubt. He performances went down hill during the second part of the 2015/16 season and it doesn't look like he recovered from it and other than a purple patch here and there in the Copa america towards the end and the final few games he played with us it seems like he never fully recovered from his drop in form and theirs a chance he won't either.

High chance it's a combination of Psychological and Physical decline. He was huge for us when he was here and it's pretty sad to see him decline to this extent.

F

FlaFCB

Benched again for City. Maybe he'll play in the CL. If he's benched there too, guess his time there might be shorter than expected.

xXKonan

He left because he didn't want to ride the bench which is fine since I don't blame him one bit.

so he gets a move where he can finally play in both competitions as a starter and he ends up getting benched after some very poor performances. He must be thinking where did it all go wrong for him? not sure if he will stick around next season since I could see City going for either Ruli or Benfica's Ederson Moraes.

He really needs to buckle down and work hard for that spot again.

DonAK

Any comments about Bravo's struggles in City and its causes and how he can get back to form again next season? @Mandrake

Off-field issues, adaptation problem? What are they saying in Chile.

xXKonan

According to the German Press (Re-posted by Sport) RB Leipzig is interested in bringing Bravo to Germany for next season.

Last edited:

DonAK

Whats wrong with Leipzig? One of the best teams in one of the greatest leagues in the world.

Still a significant downgrade. Bayern not letting that league title leave their hands any time soon and I would bet Dortmund to better them if they fix their defence and midfield playmaker than Leipzig.

Home of Barca Fans