Koke

DrPepper

When will Mou's erection for Atletico end?

For a man who constantly says that EPL is so hard to win (yeah right) he seems to have a remarkable fascination with La Liga players.

Ofc he knows that La Liga >>>>>> EPL. He can't really say that though.

J

Jamie Cal

He's having such a good year. I remember when plebs like Lucas Resende would gloat on twitter about his lack of goals and assists and that he wasn't good enough for Barca, now dude has 13 assists and 5 goals in La Liga. Should start in CM with Thiago for Spain imo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he ever wanted to come then I'd pay his 70m buyout or whatever it is in a heartbeat.

This guy is so underrated that it's almost unbelievable.

The likes of Verratti and Pogba are the ones talked about, but if anything then neither of them have proved half of what Koke has.

Yesterday he held his own against Modric and Kroos, two other World Class CM's.

Last edited:

MIXA

With all the problems surfacing in midfield, I am quite surprised that this players thread has not been more active. Surely Koke is a more realistic transfer target than Verratti and he is possibly an even better fit for Barca.

There are so many reasons as to why Koke should be considered ahead of Verratti:

1. He has proven himself to be a consistent high level performer for the past 2-3 years now in a very competitive league. Verratti on the other hand plays in a dead league so whether or not he has been consistent is debatable. Even Mats would be a consistent performer for PSG.

2. The Koke-Busquets combination has proven to show some good results at NT level. Many users here saying that Busi has been performing better for Spain than for Barca and that could be down to the support he gets from Koke. Lately Busi has been isolated in midfield which is contributing to some poor displays.

3. It’s highly probable that Koke will need less time to adapt to the Barca system than Verratti given that he knows the league and the players from the NT.

4. It seems as if the man from Atletico is mentally stronger than Verratti. The Italian is clearly happy to earn easy money at PSG and his fixation on contract renewals at PSG shows a lack of real ambition to achieve anything meaningful in the sport. Koke however is willing to fight for his wages in a tough league. Verratti probably belongs in China rather than Barca.

5. Koke will be cheaper than Verratti and considering the above, he may even be of better quality.

I could go on but you should get the point by now. It’s really difficult to do business with PSG since they can turn down big offers. Atletico on the other hand can’t really afford to turn down big money. If Barca put in a reasonably good offer for Koke in the summer, there’s a good chance that he may actually come.

He could be the answer to the Barca midfield conundrum.

FC B

Nor do I. Too expensive and not exactly the best fit for Barca in my view... Not to mention he already rejected a Barca offer.

F

FlaFCB

Imo, more unrealistic than Verratti. I doubt he'll ever move to another la liga side. If he moves, it'll be to england.

JamDav1982

Eriksen at Spurs is having a great season and would be the best midfielder at the club and possible Iniesta replacement if there is such a thing.

Everything Spurs do goes through him. On Spurs as well - Kyle Walker is much better RB than Bellerin.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Koke is the only World Class centre midfielder who we perhaps can sign.

Key word here being centre midfielder.

Eriksen at Spurs is having a great season and would be the best midfielder at the club and possible Iniesta replacement if there is such a thing.

Everything Spurs do goes through him. On Spurs as well - Kyle Walker is much better RB than Bellerin.

Doesn't Eriksen play a bit more attacking role like he did at Ajax?

JamDav1982

I think Koke is the only World Class centre midfielder who we perhaps can sign.

Key word here being centre midfielder.

Doesn't Eriksen play a bit more attacking role like he did at Ajax?

Aye he does. More or less and attacking mid. A proper Barca midfield can have that though if looking to dominate ball.

Could easily see him being off to Madrid in next couple years if Barca dont go for him.

Home of Barca Fans