Koke

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Simeone has inched him into a free role this season and holy shit has he capitalized. Plausibly the best midfielder in football right now.

Highest assist tally in Europe with 11, head and shoulders above everyone in set piece delivery, orchestrates everything on the pitch for Atletico with his passing play (one touch, between the lines, direct, safe, etc.), and has more intensity than anyone in football. He's literally everywhere: marauding on the left with Siqueira, pressing high up with the forwards, covering the CB's asses in counters, and dictating the play in the center. What makes it even more fun is when he pulls out Xavi-esque turns or cool technical dribbles. Since he's joined the NT, he always plays with complete anticipation for every moment. You can always see him looking over his shoulders or pointing to his teammates to adjust their positioning or ask for the ball.

Simeone's 4-3-3 setup is coming to fruit. It gets the very best out of Koke and Griezmann and their counterattacking transition is better than ever. They are picking up momentum quickly. Even Mandzukic is now on 3 goals in his past 3 games.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No, but it doesn't matter. He does not have the same view on football as we do. He cares about winning, we care about how we win. I can't see him change that in any way.

But it does matter. The thing with Simeone last season was the lack of players with good technical ability. Gabi, Raul Garcia, Mario Suarez, Adrian, Christian Rodriguez, Costa - could be described as good players but not based for possession football. This season they've bought Griezmann, Mandzukic (whose link-up play is impressive), Correa (who will show himself later, he's recovering now), and Saul returned from the loan spell. Also Koke has evolved and is ready to be centre of everything. Believe me, when Turan-Gabi(Tiago)-Koke-Griezmann all play together, their combinations are beautiful to watch. Simeone does his gameplan based on the quality of his players.

Andrew M

But it does matter. The thing with Simeone last season was the lack of players with good technical ability. Gabi, Raul Garcia, Mario Suarez, Adrian, Christian Rodriguez, Costa - could be described as good players but not based for possession football. This season they've bought Griezmann, Mandzukic (whose link-up play is impressive), Correa (who will show himself later, he's recovering now), and Saul returned from the loan spell. Also Koke has evolved and is ready to be centre of everything. Believe me, when Turan-Gabi(Tiago)-Koke-Griezmann all play together, their combinations are beautiful to watch. Simeone does his gameplan based on the quality of his players.

I don't think that is true. He wants to win at all costs. It would be a conflict of ideologies

Schumi

I don't think that is true. He wants to win at all costs. It would be a conflict of ideologies

Yes, all teams and all managers want to win at all costs. But the point here is that Atletico can be more attractive this season than last because they have more technical players at their disposal. And they are still winning.

Home of Barca Fans