Who will win the Champins League 12-13?

Who will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Oh if I were a Bayern fan I'm sure I wouldn't care, and it's understandable why they do it really, if you have the power then why not? It just sucks for the neutrals and fans of the other German clubs. Plus, my team in Germany is Dortmund and they've now taken Gotze away and are trying to take Lewandowski, so you can imagine that they now have another player(or potentially two) that I don't like! It never ends!

Andrew M

Oh if I were a Bayern fan I'm sure I wouldn't care, and it's understandable why they do it really, if you have the power then why not? It just sucks for the neutrals and fans of the other German clubs. Plus, my team in Germany is Dortmund and they've now taken Gotze away and are trying to take Lewandowski, so you can imagine that they now have another player(or potentially two) that I don't like! It never ends!

I suppose we also have to look to the players' choices too. Lewandowski is on something like 26, 000 a week I think. Bayern can quadruple that. Dortmund were quite keen for Gotze to stay

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Think I worded my post wrong once I mentioned Dortmund, lol. But yeah, I wanted Gotze to stay at Dortmund, or at least go somewhere outside of Germany instead of Bayern. I mean, I almost feel like a lot of these players that leave their clubs in Germany for Bayern aren't ballsy enough to test themselves outside of Germany, when really, if Bayern want them they are surely good enough for La Liga/Serie A/EPL. At this stage I can sorta understand, with Guardiola taking over and all that. Still, I don't like Gotze anymore no matter how good a proposition it is to join Bayern next season. Heh.

One former Bayern player I do like is Ballack, obviously. :D

Andrew M

Think I worded my post wrong once I mentioned Dortmund, lol. But yeah, I wanted Gotze to stay at Dortmund, or at least go somewhere outside of Germany instead of Bayern. I mean, I almost feel like a lot of these players that leave their clubs in Germany for Bayern aren't ballsy enough to test themselves outside of Germany, when really, if Bayern want them they are surely good enough for La Liga/Serie A/EPL. At this stage I can sorta understand, with Guardiola taking over and all that. Still, I don't like Gotze anymore no matter how good a proposition it is to join Bayern next season. Heh.

One former Bayern player I do like is Ballack, obviously. :D

Do you not think, however, that a few years ago Bayern would not have been able to get Gotze? There is an argument to say that it's good that players like Gotze stay in Germany, even if it's at Bayern.

You mentioned Ballack. Don't you think that Ballack would have stayed at Bayern now if they were this good in 2006?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Probably, the guy has suffered so many defeats in finals, this Bayern side are the best chance they've had to win the CL in yonks for them. That said they may have let him go anyway, I mean, he copped a lot of stick in Germany for being a choker apparently, even board members started giving it to him.

Barca8

Going to be going for BVB Dortmund in this one!
Some of my favorite players outside of Barcelona play on their squad (Reus, Gundogan, Hummels, Subotic, Gotze) and it would be great to see Bayern choke for a third time.

I know what you mean. Bayern are the rich club who can buy anyone they want while Dortmund is a grass roots club building teams from the youth academy. In a way it's close to the Barcelona-RM rivalry except with recent success Barcelona are among the financial giants (thankfully). A CL Final win will help Dortmund rebuild and replace the players leaving this summer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans