7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Ritchie

Exactly we've done to the same for Van Dijk too - it's the name of the game. Which we all accept.

It's how it is being done that I find funny - not even mad but genuinely funny. I've no doubts have this been June 20th and not August 20th Coutinho would be off. But it is Barca's misfortune that we have bumbling idiots in charge of transfers (Klopp aside) so we haven't got anyone in apart from Salah.

So really unless its a too good to turn down offer which I think is around the £130m figure then it's tough shit on you and Coutinho.

Klopp hasn't done them any favours either. Throwing everything in on Keita when it was clear RB weren't going to sell him, but not moving on to other targets. The club fucked up the VVD deal yet they haven't even looked at another centre back or put a bid in for VVD.

Liverpool would sell Coutinho if Barca put in a more serious offer, but it's pointless Liverpool having money.

Ritchie

Say, if we offer 110m flat + 20m bonuses that are reachable (30 games played), will LFC accept it?

Because if they are, why didn't Barca board do it yet?

That would be accepted (might need to be pounds though). It's no good saying 120 million offer when a quarter of it is dependent on stuff like Barca winning CL's when even the idiots in charge at Liverpool can recognise that's not going to happen any time soon.

Barca got the Neymar money up front but are trying to spread out the fee for Coutinho over 5 years. I don't think they can afford Dembele on top of Coutinho either.

Ritchie

250million debt for a club like Barca is kinda low.

It's manageable when annual income is double that. They need to manage the debt though rather than have it rising. Barca have always had big debts. 10-15 years ago Barca were heavily in debt but debt was probably higher in relation to income.

They've got to find a way of financing the new stadium though. If worst came to worst they might have to sell the naming rights of the ground, or even sell a stake of the club.

Donga el Trojan

It's ridiculous that we are trying to buy Coutinho when Liverpool don't want to sell. Coutinho isn't even near the worth of 100 million euros or more. But at least it's a hilarious saga, the thing about signing in 2 hours, Barca's weird negotiating tactics, Coutinho going full cunt mode and surprising every stubborn Liverpool fan that insisted he wouldn't do such thing & Liverpool acting like we are offering peanuts when Coutinho is not even worth 70m :lol:

You're 'offering' £16m a year for five years and a ludicrous list of add-ons to try and make the headline figure look bigger - but Liverpool don't need the money and it's too late to sell it. If you'd have put £100m cash on the table a fortnight ago you'd have probably got him by now, but then again the rumour is that the banks have taken your Neymar cheque in lieu of your astronimical debt. Never mind, when you finally give up on paying Messi's wages you can pray that PSG take him off your hands before Real do. :neymar:

It think its simply to play in a club that matters in Europe. You know, prestige.....
I might be wrong though.

No, you are probably right because that would make much more sense than Coutinho's stated reason. Great rationale, not. Poor banter.

It is only banter by the way. If I were in Spain, I would buy you a cerveza and a bag of cheesy bacon Lays to watch the match with and no hard feelings. After all, I'm just a glory hunter because I don't actually live in Liverpool, not like you real fans.

Donga el Trojan

Say, if we offer 110m flat + 20m bonuses that are reachable (30 games played), will LFC accept it?

Because if they are, why didn't Barca board do it yet?

Two weeks ago feller, two weeks ago. And only then if the 110m had been cash and not Provie cheques over five years. Too late now.

Banter aside chaps, and a bit off topic. Watching the Betis game now. What's with the shirts all having Barcelona on them instead of player names? I know a lot of South American teams have the club name at the top and player name lower down under the number, but I don't recall seeing this layout anywhere before.

Last edited:

jairzinho

This entire transfer has turned into a comedy show. I'm not even angry anymore. If there's anyone to feel sorry for is both Klopp and Valverde. They are the real victims along with the fans of course. It's difficult when you need players but the ppl above you can't do their job properly.

El Flaco

Banter aside chaps, and a bit off topic. Watching the Betis game now. What's with the shirts all having Barcelona on them instead of player names? I know a lot of South American teams have the club name at the top and player name lower down under the number, but I don't recall seeing this layout anywhere before.

[tw]898605339091681280[/tw]

Liverpool fans, are you ticked off because of our pursuit of Coutinho or that alleged ultimatum?

If the latter, I completely agree and understand. If it is the former, this is what clubs do, right?

It's the late timing, disruption and a lack of basic respect, enough players have moved to Barca before with no hassle.

Both Dembele and Coutinho have had their heads turned after their respective clubs clearly stated not for sale. Fine, bid again, to the club. The dirty tricks department is not acceptable. Dembele has fled to France and Coutinho "has a bad back" after someone has got in their ear.

I didn't like the van Dyke approach much either, though it's not clear exactly what went on. At least LFC backed off when asked.

I find it a bit hypocritical that Barca screamed like a baby when PSG legally activated a release clause and paid up in full, only for Barca to become all self righteous over being turned away regarding a player that has no such clause, and offering five years of instalments with mad add-ons that will never come to fruition. At least offer the money largely up front if he is actually worth it to you.

It then all becomes about what the player wants and ignoring contracts in the minds of Barca fans. Cake and eat it springs to mind.

Meanwhile, other clubs are left to deal with the mess you leave behind.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
You're 'offering' £16m a year for five years and a ludicrous list of add-ons to try and make the headline figure look bigger - but Liverpool don't need the money and it's too late to sell it. If you'd have put £100m cash on the table a fortnight ago you'd have probably got him by now, but then again the rumour is that the banks have taken your Neymar cheque in lieu of your astronimical debt. Never mind, when you finally give up on paying Messi's wages you can pray that PSG take him off your hands before Real do. :neymar:

Surely those details are all pure speculation and media chat aren't they !?!

Why would the board be divulging all the intricate details of any offers they've made ????

Donga el Trojan

Surely those details are all pure speculation and media chat aren't they !?!

Why would the board be divulging all the intricate details of any offers they've made ????

Because Barca have leaked every stage of this process to the Catalan press? Because when Barca bought Suarez they agreed to say the fee was undisclosed, then promptly crowed to all and sundry that they got £10m knocked off the release clause? Because after doing that Barca then issued a statement that they 'respected' Liverpool? Above all, because LFC have finally realised Barca are the most dishonourable Club in Europe and you have to fight fire with fire?

Home of Barca Fans