7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Ritchie

Seems like a mental thing, too. He has zero confidence right now, and even scoring important goals isn't enough to turn it around. Maybe he need 2 good months to be consistently good again, and we don't have that much time/patience/money (we will save 25M€ if we sell this summer instead of keeping him, for example).

Is it a reality that creative forwards struggle to fit in and perform the same team as Messi? Dybala and Aguero for Argentina for example.

Apart from the early days of MSN.

snowy

Dybala said once he finds it hard playing with Leo as they both like to occupy the same zones and axes. Perhaps Dyb in the RM could provide long or through balls to Leo, or drive the ball forward while Leo shifts to the centre.

Might be just a matter of getting more play-time together. They're both too technical and talented not to be able to link up, in some way.

Dybala said once he finds it hard playing with Leo as they both like to occupy the same zones and axes. Perhaps Dyb in the RM could provide long or through balls to Leo, or drive the ball forward while Leo shifts to the centre.

Might be just a matter of getting more play-time together. They're both too technical and talented not to be able to link up, in some way.
Only a strong coach can manage to put players like messi-coutinho, messi-dybala, messi-griezman in the same line-up. but a coach who succeeds in doing this would have a hell of an attack, beautiful to watch

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Precisely the same issue that will occur with Griezmann

booge

i will always remember this player as the guy who stopped Barca and Messi winning the CL. I know you guys will say Valverde shouldnt have picked him.

YodaMaster

LOL at calling this dude a WC player. He's never ever shown being a crucial, undisputed player in a CL contender team. He played at Espanyol, Inter and Liverpool. Espanyol, no need to discuss the level of that team. At Inter, he played a few games, was never an important player and Inter was already shit at that time. He has one excuse though: he was a youngster. As a youngster, he showed great technical qualities, but overall he's never looked like the next big thing. Neymar and even Lucas Moura were always far more impressive.

Then he came at Liverpool, which was a mediocre team at that time, but they still managed to compete for the title in 13/14 season, which was a weak season competition wise. Coutinho was a starter but was nothing special compared to Sterling, Sturridge and especially Suarez who was the main guy, the crack of the team, Suarez was their Messi that season. And guys like Skrtel, Agger, Flanaggan, Johnson, Lucas Leiva were also regular starters.

The following seasons, Coutinho managed to shine from time to time in a Liverpool team playing in EL and competing for BPL's 4th place. That's not what I call a WC player.
If that's world class, Vardy and Mahrez are even more world class players than Coutinho.

Liverpool became a feared side, competing for all the titles only once Coutinho left that team. And there's one question you have to ask yourself: would Coutinho be a starter in current Liverpool team ? Even if he would, would he be their main player, or even in the top 3 most important players ? I know that the answer is no.

The only time Coutinho showed glimpses of a WC player in a team supposed to win a big competition was at the World Cup last summer. But that's just 3-4-5 games.

The truth is I don't know where this myth of Coutinho being a proven world class player comes from. He's never played in a CL contender team before Barcelona, and he always had his inconsistency. Basically, he's always been an irregular player who showed glimpses of world class but failed to do it week in week out in EL level teams.

Barcelona was meant to be his test at highest level, and he failed miserably. If he goes to a team like Man U (again a EL level team) and shines there, I'd give 0 fucks.
His first 6 months at Barça are overrated af. Was a good player but nothing impressive, except his long range shot that got figured out by opponents. Nothing worth €160M+€15M wages.

Last edited:

cris29

Biggest flop in history of transfers. I don't like saying stuff like this but its true. His games vs Liverpool were horrendous, Valverde's decision to play him the second leg was a disaster. He needs to go.

Givenchy

I'm starting to think he'll still be here next season.. the board won't want to admit and take the L for this fuckup, the players already rumoured to be vetoing the Griezmann signing + hes good friends with Leo and Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans