7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

BusiTheKing

Neymar worked in that position because he was fast as shit and ran behind defensive lines. When Messi ran with the ball, he was always there for the pass that would put him 1v1 with the RB or RCB. That's the type of player we need on the wing.

In other words, we need an attacker.

FinBarcelonafan

Neymar worked in that position because he was fast as shit and ran behind defensive lines. When Messi ran with the ball, he was always there for the pass that would put him 1v1 with the RB or RCB. That's the type of player we need on the wing.

In other words, we need an attacker.

Alba is doing those runs now.

BusiTheKing

Alba is doing those runs now.

Yeah, in isolated incidents like 3 or 4 times a game. We need someone who's a threat constantly. Someone who's there the second Messi goes past a man and finds a bit of space centrally or our CM's combine themselves to an advantageous position.

There's a reason why our best team had Villa and Pedro on the wings. Without that incisive aspect, the tiki-taka is useless.

soul24rage

he doesn't look sharp enough. I would seriously consider benching the guy vs inter and later bringing him on in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's a quality player but a victim of the changes.

Arthur becoming a starter fixed a lot of problems the Midfield had in terms of ball retention and possession and being able to control the game but also it shoved Coutinho into a spot (LW) that you won't get the best out of.

I think Klopp got the best out of him at Liverpool where he played as an LCAM in the middle of a 4-3-3. The difference is that team had a lot of movement which benefited Coutinho a lot. Over here that is quite a problem.

Seems like Valverde would rather give a Barca B player/Malcom a chance than to ever play Cou in such a role ever again if it means Rakitic has to sit.

khaled_a_d

Arthur becoming a starter fixed a lot of problems the Midfield had in terms of ball retention and possession and being able to control the game but also it shoved Coutinho into a spot (LW) that you won't get the best out of.

I think Klopp got the best out of him at Liverpool where he played as an LCAM in the middle of a 4-3-3. The difference is that team had a lot of movement which benefited Coutinho a lot. Over here that is quite a problem.

Seems like Valverde would rather give a Barca B player/Malcom a chance than to ever play Cou in such a role ever again if it means Rakitic has to sit.

Coutinho played LW for 2 seasons under Klopp, and only half season as AM.
I can't say it is pushing him on the left is the problem considering his history as a player, on paper that seem like perfect position for him, and he played well there last year with us too. He didn't play AM at all with us IIRC, either LM,LW or RM.
Also having stamina problem seems weird after his effort in the WC.
All that being said, something is wrong with Coutinho playing lately, he pad his stats but plays badly. And this is the one case I would blame the coach the most tbh. EV wanted him, got him mid-season and entegrated him gradually well. No reason that you don't have a clue how to maximize him.

Jombi

His position shouldnt be the problem considering thats where he has played most of the time in his career. In the middle, he loses the ball too much and is too far from the goal. And he doesnt play as a winger now. I think he should play better but people also had too high expectations of him, like Cesc.

D10S_JC

He isn't the type of player who can get rid of tight defence. He needs someone to create space for him so he can shoot from range or make incisive pass.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

His position shouldnt be the problem considering thats where he has played most of the time in his career. In the middle, he loses the ball too much and is too far from the goal. And he doesnt play as a winger now. I think he should play better but people also had too high expectations of him, like Cesc.

What's up with this team? Ever player loses the ball quickly. EV should address this issue in the training.

Home of Barca Fans