7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

soul24rage

Could be argued Dembele is the one suffering then and not Iniesta this time around

true, but I think the situation is different as we needed more control in midfield so dembele was the one who had to be sacrificed out of the attacking players we had. Iniesta was only moved around for the sole purpose of fitting in fabregas and not actually making the team perform to the max

jairzinho

He's a much more dynamic player than Cesc IMO and can score from range. Can play CM, CAM and LW. His obvious downside is his lack of speed and he tends to tire quickly but he isn't another Cesc.

Raki13

Let's be honest, hes starting to feel like Fabregas V2 isnt he? More hot and cold flashes than a women in menopause

Said before we signed him he went missing many times when he was at Liverpool and thats exactly what hes done since he came to Barca , and of course got shot down by the resident experts on here. Liverpool getting stronger when he left says it all.

D10S_JC

Said before we signed him he went missing many times when he was at Liverpool and thats exactly what hes done since he came to Barca , and of course got shot down by the resident experts on here. Liverpool getting stronger when he left says it all.
That's because of van Dijk and Alisson. Klopp still keen on a creative midfielder.

Last edited:

abiabi

he scored in all important games... most importantly, he 'opened the jar' like spanish people say, scoring the 1st goal which changes everything. After we are up 4-0 his goal seems diuluted, but his goal is 50 or 60% more important than the rest of the goals vs spurs and madrid

Kul_z

Say whaat? Lfc with him would win ucl final, we all saw how that turned out

YodaMaster

I'm sorry but he's a shitty winger. I see people hating on Rafinha's first half but Coutinho was even worse. His Clasico performance was bad too but he scored a tap in so ignorant people thought it was good.

Givenchy

exactly, hes not a winger. doesn't have the pace to play there. if only we had an actual winger capable of playing LW..

Saladin

The praise for Coutinho is absolutely mindboggling. I love Phil, don't get me wrong, but he is for some reason not performing on the level I expected. He gets way more of a 'break' than Dembouz, for instance. The criticism of Dembélé is somewhat justified since he has a lot of moments throughout the game where he loses the ball due to unnecessary runs/bad decisions, but his overall impact has been equal to that of Coutinho IMO.

I still see Coutinho as a vital part of the team, but he needs to step his game up and utilize the skillsets we all know are there (as evidenced in his NT outings for Brazil at the WC, for instance). I personally hoped for an invigorated Coutinho to step up and show some tenacity, now that Leo is out, but Luisito and Alba have gone beastmode meanwhile, which somewhat camouflages Coutinhos lack of inspiration.

Here's hoping that Alená gets in for Rakitic Dembélé for Rafinha and a more offensive approach in second half vs. Rayo.

pregra

One of the worst value for money signings ever made. He is crap, like a child among among grown ups tonight.

Home of Barca Fans