7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Its a mixture of lack of muscle and just not having used to playing off of shoulder, Neymar always leans against his opponents, thats his nature but not for Coutinho.

Agreed. Coutinho could take a page or two out of Neymar's ball protection skills.

Then again, with the ball pressure that both Barca and Bilbao laid on him, I suspect only a young Messi would have fared well.

Last edited:

Danic

I cant help but i always have the feeling he isnt happy here?! Rarely shows any emotions. Or has he always been like that?!

Givenchy

I cant help but i always have the feeling he isnt happy here?! Rarely shows any emotions. Or has he always been like that?!

I noticed this also but cant really blame him. its the EV effect imo, imagine playing under Klopp in a system that actually works, you get the big call from your dream club, you give up the CL to join said club and then you end up on the fucking bench because the manager has no idea what hes doing. add to that your former club reaches the CL final

the longer we keep the idiot as manager the less appealing we'll become, especially for young talents. Mourinho has made the same mess at United, no young player would ever want to join them over their rivals due to play style, Mbappe even said as much when he was asked about United iirc. sorry to pollute another thread with something about EV but its telling when these players were performing perfectly fine before and as we see with Paco.. after.

now we have Barca fans calling Coutinho 'overated!' 'waste of money' :facepalm:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
That’s his normal look.

He would probably be happier if another Brazilian was on the pitch with him sometimes. *Malcolm*

Gnidrologist

He does seem to be a bit light on the feet and lacks the pace to compensate for that. Always looses in those little sprints even against mediocre defenders. In possession game he's certainly better as MF than winger. There his agility and dribbling is best utilized.

Pepe Silvia

His lack of speed is his biggest and most glaring flaw, but his offense and work on the ball and footballing intelligence is only rivaled by a handful of players world wide.

Home of Barca Fans