7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Devils

It wont be 158m but I can see them paying over 100m for him.

They are about to get transfer banned so they desperately need to make signings especially now that Hazard is leaving.

Now way they are gonna let their best player leave, (eventually) get transfer banned and not make a big signing to compensate for all of that.

xxxxxx

Id take this.

Easy to impress in farmers league, 0 chance he flops there.
Sell him the season after and we get our money back.

It's a horrible deal for us.

We literally just spent like 150m on him just to loan him out like a year later. How does that benefit us? We want at least 90m euros or they can fuck off.

Besides, he could do shit and we're never going to see close to 90m euros again. It's the right time to sell.

gregorrin10

We bought him for a price normal after Neymar to PSG happened, now if we get close to Pogba to United price, we should take it and run. I hope we can get 110-120M, but honestly I'd take even 90M at this point. No use for him on LW, while both Arthur and Frenkie need to play consistently and I would love to see them tried together as CMs and maybe prolong Busquets's career for 2-3 more years that way, since he's not going anywhere anyway. Not to mention maybe give Riqui Puig a fair chance in the Iniesta position, If this was a Laporta administration, we would've sold Coutinho in a heart beat and immediately promote Puig to the first team, with this one now it is what it is.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Chelsea's transfer record is 58 million for Morata/pulisic, no way are they going to pay anywhere near 100 million for Him. United wont go near Coutinho either, especially at that Price.

Circumstances change and need different approaches. They are forced to sell their best player to RM for around 100m and will have to spend to bring WC players. As you mentioned, they paid Eur 65m for a sub (Morata), imagine how much they will pay for a player used to compete for EPL's Player of the Year a few years ago.

SG-7

Coutinho to any club is a great deal haha. Even if it means taking a hit price wise. The longer he stays the longer the club suffers and so does his career..or whatever's left of it. Thing is if he stays, shitverde will jut keep playing him and be blinded by faith and hoping he'll get better. He's clearly not a for for the left wing. Not even left midfield. If he stays and gets benched then his career is just going down the drain. If i were him and had any decency i would seriously push for a transfer as well.

MTL_Barca

Maybe after a good Copa America (Brazil really should win this) and some other major transfers there's a good offer.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Coutinho was never going to be your 'Iniesta' he was never going to be that good. His elite goals and playmaking from the left marked him out as potential. He was marked him out as a player on your left wing. For us he was never trusted enough to be deployed in midfield due to his tactical inefficiency. Whenever he was there, most times we lost control of the midfield.

He was never a Klopp player though because however good he was for us he never fitted Jugen's system of 4-3-3 with the full backs providing the creativity.

Whether you keep or sell him you need players that fit that system.

Chainsaw

Killahead
One of the worst deals Barca has ever done in history! Bet both the club and Coutinho regretting that move now. Liverpool couldn't ask for a bigger favor and Barca was stupid enough to play that role.

Barcilliant

The deal to bring Coutinho was a bad one on all fronts.

What is strange is that he started well but then collapsed I think it down to 1)Lack of mental strength 2)Shitverde having no clue how to set up the team and give Coutinho a proper role 3)a guy like Messi is so good when other players can't gel with him they lose so much confidence.

Home of Barca Fans