Marquinhos

I

instinct

Imagine playing 3 at the back with this kid as one of the wide CB, Pique in the middle, Alba at wing-back and packing the midfield. We would obliterate the smaller sides and then revert to a back 4 for the bigger games.

Insane! We shouldn't kid ourselves, this guy is miles ahead of Bartra in almost every imagineable aspect. It's a shame that he doesn't play here, really.

Jair Ventura

Not sure is that straight forward as a lot of the huge sponsorship deals that these oil rich clubs are massively inflated through their owners influence.

It's much bigger than individual sponsorships. Paris has a damned telecom company backing them, buying the rights not just to Ligue 1 but competitor leagues, champions league, world cup, and so on. Anybody expecting the Qatari's to drop one of the fastest growing clubs in the world, stationed in one of the globes grandest cities isn't paying attention. Sure, they're investing tons of money now, but in 10 years they won't have to. The club will be self sufficient.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
As much as I don't like Zubi, he is not at fault for not bringing Marquinhos from Roma. He revealed in an interview that we were after him but couldn't match PSG's offer which is only logical considering the Neymar transfer.

Well, in that case, we probably made the right choice by choosing Neymar over him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As much as I don't like Zubi, he is not at fault for not bringing Marquinhos from Roma. He revealed in an interview that we were after him but couldn't match PSG's offer which is only logical considering the Neymar transfer.

According to Marquinhos we never made an offer.

Bertus

According to Marquinhos we never made an offer.

Yup, he said it.

I saw the interview myself when he said it in the french football TV show Telefoot. So I can confirm it. He said that Roma and his agent never got an offer from Barca.

Not talking about talks here, but a real offer.

I

instinct

Yup, he said it.

I saw the interview myself when he said it in the french football TV show Telefoot. So I can confirm it. He said that Roma and his agent never got an offer from Barca.

Well, don't know what to believe then :lol: but anyway, I doubt that we could have matched PSG's offer even if we wanted to.

JamDav1982

Yup, he said it.

Assuming Barca knew Marquinhos had been made an offer they couldnt match from PSG it is unlikely they would have made him an offer for the sake of it.

Judging by some transfer deals in the past they would probably have been looking for Marquinhos to tell Roma he only wants Barcelona in order for them to pay less money for him.

I

instinct

He has extended his contract until 2019

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif

Bertus

Screen-Shot-2015-03-26-at-18.08.42.png

"That's one great success, a very good news. It means that I'm doing my work very well. I am very happy that they have granted me this trust. It's a new step in my life. Since I landed here, things happened one after the other. We all know that one has to work hard to reach its goals. We wait, hope, we imagine it, we dream.... but we never know if things will go like we want them to happen. Today, I reach my first goal, and I am very happy about it.

Staying a long time at PSG? Of course! The project is marvelous here... and the life is beautiful in Paris! I am very happy, happy about everything that is happening in my life.

PSG has given me lots of good things. I hope that this will last a very long time."

Bertus

Also, yesterday, Marquinhos and DL went to visit the brazilian national team in a Hotel in Paris.

Many fans were there. So much that DL had problems to enter the hotel, because fans were all over him and Marquinhos.

Then marquinhos went to meet TS:

Screen-Shot-2015-03-25-at-22.54.25.png

DL is ultra popular right now in France. I know he was liked everywhere he played, but still.

Also, kids favorite psg player is actually DL.

Bertus

Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, just now:

"Marquinhos represents the future of the club, and him renewing his contract is a great gesture that does show his affection to PSG. We are very happy to be able to extend our club history with this young talented player. This attests that we stay true to our preservation policy for our best young players.
While the very best clubs in Europe were following Marquinhos, this contract extention strengthen, and reinforces one more time our ambition about this lasting long project that PSG is."

Home of Barca Fans