Samuel Umtiti

GetIn

He had a good first season but it was overplayed at times I think.

Ney, Suarez, Busi were all better than him for me.

Busquests has been consistently good/great this year but Neymar and Suarez have been too hot and cold for my liking. They play well for a couple matches and then slump for a few games. Umtiti has been a solid rock at the back for us the whole year.

JamDav1982

Busquests has been consistently good/great this year but Neymar and Suarez have been too hot and cold for my liking. They play well for a couple matches and then slump for a few games. Umtiti has been a solid rock at the back for us the whole year.

For me the games Ney and Suarez had when they were good outweigh Umtiti who I thought had games when looked shaky but still got a lot of credit.

Busi is under rated at times as so used to him but he had a lot of good games but just a bit expected and seems normal.

Umititi was solid though.

Giginho75

just a little slow when he has the ball...
certainly this year the bad defense attitude of the team didn't help him...
but in my opinion he has to improve if wants play in fcb line-up...

Last edited:

Windhook

His place in Barca's lineup is solidified and he has to screw up real bad to lose it or get injured. The way I see it he is quite vocal about unprofessional challenges like the one Edgar Mendes did.

gasgas

just a little slow when he has the ball...
certainly this year the bad defense attitude of the team didn't help him...
but in my opinion he has to improve if wants play in fcb line-up...

What are you talking about, he is already in the FCB lineup

Messi983

I think Busi was poor in first half of the season (at least for his high standards) but that's mostly on Lucho's poor tactics and over-rotation in midfield.

Agree about Neymar and Suarez being too hot and cold. I'm used seeing that from Neymar but Suarez has really driven me crazy in some games this season with his inconsistency.

Barcilliant

His first season and he pretty much replaced Mascherano as starter. Yes, he was shaky at times but bar Messi our whole team was, especially midfield and defence. Lucho did a piss poor job organising the side and rotation too.

Despite being new and being thrown into a chaotic mess he still stood strong.

Iñ the air he is a beast, very good passer and strong in the tackle. His positioning needs work but that will come with time. Hopefully Marlon comes good and we sign Davison Sanchez.

Giginho75

as i wrote, probably the bad season of a lot of teammates and the nonsense choises of lucho didn't help him and i agree about his physical strenght and ability in the tackle...
but, imo, i think he has to improve in the manage of the ball and in the passages, very important things for play in our defense...
but he is in my line up of next season, where certainly there will be a team with a better disposition on the field.

Last edited:

serghei

Did about as good as you can do in your first season at a big club. I wouldn't put any young defender over him atm.

Better than Stones, Marquinhos, Varane, Bailly, Laporte and Gimenez.

Last edited:

Galning

A lot of people are dropping truth bombs. Well said.

First year in a very unbalanced, unorganised, side. He did well. Hopefully Valverde can develop him even more, continue to learn from the likes of Piquenbauer and he could play here for years to come. Great signing.

Home of Barca Fans