Daniel Alves

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I fucking love him. I'd buy him back from Juve for >20 million euros just to stop-gap our shitty RB situation (which will continue to be shit with this board) and so that he can retire here.

I fucking love him. I'd buy him back from Juve for >20 million euros just to stop-gap our shitty RB situation (which will continue to be shit with this board) and so that he can retire here.

By the time he retired, we still wouldn't have a replacement.

At least this situation will force us to fix it. At least I hope it will...

ManusXavi

"I did feel that I was slightly pushed out." - Said Alves
I'm personally not on Alve's side in this situation. I hate this 'club legend' feeling.
Alves was getting to the end of his peak. Barcelona was thinking about the future. Regardless of how superior his performances were I am not on Alves side.

I think subject also relates to my comment the other day on another thread
The problem is trust. Our best option is La Masia (both players and coaches). The Trust is lacking.
Until we go back to La Masia we are playing in a lottery of money and individuals with the other top teams.

"Some people have gigantic egos and to return, a lot of things would have to change to recognise the mistakes made."
I agree with this comment of Alves but I think Alves also comes into this catagory himself.

I think the ego's and pressures for Barcelona to get instant results is inhibiting the opportunity for trust in La Masia.
La Masia is seemingly not allowed to fail with these pressures and egotistic mentality.

Barcelona are too short term and too individualistic.
I am going to bring my national rugby team back into it because I can actually be confident the All Blacks are going to be successful this season because we play a superior style of rugby.
Barcelona have the opportunity to beat the world in a proven style of Football 'as a team' but the World has too much pressure on Barcelona to get short term results and the best individuals. Barcelona sacrifice their style of football.

F

FlaFCB

"I did feel that I was slightly pushed out." - Said Alves
I'm personally not on Alve's side in this situation. I hate this 'club legend' feeling.
Alves was getting to the end of his peak. Barcelona was thinking about the future. Regardless of how superior his performances were I am not on Alves side.

"Some people have gigantic egos and to return, a lot of things would have to change to recognise the mistakes made."
I agree with this comment of Alves but I think Alves also comes into this catagory himself.

I think the ego's and pressures for Barcelona to get instant results is inhibiting the opportunity for trust in La Masia.
La Masia is seemingly not allowed to fail with these pressures and egotistic mentality.

Barcelona are too short term and too individualistic.
I am going to bring my national rugby team back into it because I can actually be confident the All Blacks are going to be successful this season because we play a superior style of rugby.
Barcelona have the opportunity to beat the world in a proven style of Football 'as a team' but the World has too much pressure on Barcelona to get short term results and the best individuals. Barcelona sacrifice their style of football.
Whose side are you on, the board? Because they did not replace Alves, I saw no kind of planning for the future from their part. And this poor season has a lot to do with that. Alves should had stayed one more year, we surely wouldn't be as bad as we are now.

The style of football was sacrificed because licho. Nothing to do with personnel. He and the board are also the ones who decided to stop relying on la masia(sending grimaldo and samper away, buying digne and gomes), and Alves has very little to do with that.

LeeRomeno

Think moving to Juve was best scenario for Alves anyways. Italian league is less demanding and proven to be place where also older players can still play important roles. Evra went to Juve in same manner and actually played well there.
I am also not that sure if our season would have been so much different with him here.

Home of Barca Fans