Daniel Alves

raki

He did a great job of completely nullifying neymar. Full marks to him for that.

But he did have some brainfarts. Had iniesta scored that the whole goal was all on him.

He had great help by Cuadrado all the time. Dont forget that. Just like Cuntduzkic helped Alexandro.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Reminds me of Eto'o story. Leaving us while still needed (no bad feelings), kicking us out of the CL and maybe winning a Treble with his new Italian team.

serghei

:cry: Seeing Alves on Camp Nou in the other team is just too much. One of my favourite Barca players ever.

Damn this board, if only for this. He is still good enough to start in one of the best defensive teams in the world, if not the best, but not good enough for us apparently.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

:cry: Seeing Alves on Camp Nou in the other team is just too much. One of my favourite Barca players ever.

Damn this board, if only for this. He is still good enough to start in one of the best defensive teams in the world, if not the best, but not good enough for us apparently.

Too bad he wanted to leave, because he would have been big help this season.

I thought he wanted to leave, so It wasn't up to us?

serghei

Too bad he wanted to leave, because he would have been big help this season.

I thought he wanted to leave, so It wasn't up to us?

He spoke about it. He only wanted to leave because the board only used him when they found out they had a transfer ban on their hands. Until the transfer ban, there were rumors about replacing Alves almost every week. You don't treat a club legend as a fallback option, not when he is proving he is still your main man on the right.

Neymessi

He spoke about it. He only wanted to leave because the board only used him when they found out they had a transfer ban on their hands. Until the transfer ban, there were rumors about replacing Alves almost every week. You don't treat a club legend as a fallback option, not when he is proving he is still your main man on the right.

To be fair he was showing signs of decline and it was not just the board who wanted him sold.

But alves isn't pissed off with the fact that they wanted him sold, but its they way they treated him. For which the board deserves all blame.

serghei

To be fair he was showing signs of decline and it was not just the board who wanted him sold.

But alves isn't pissed off with the fact that they wanted him sold, but its they way they treated him. For which the board deserves all blame.

He did show signs of decline. But that decline meant he was not the absolute best RB in the world. He was 'only' top 5. Our RB is not even top 20 atm (that's because he is not a RB at all :lol:). If you understand what the problem is.

When you do that to a club legend, you'd better be damn sure you replace him with a better player. Not with the shitfest that followed, like midfielders played in right back positions or switches to 3-4-3 because they found out there is no RB in the squad.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He did show signs of decline. But that decline meant he was not the absolute best RB in the world. He was only top 5. Our RB is not even top 20 atm (that's because he is not a RB at all :lol:). If you understand what the problem is.

When you do that to a club legend, you'd better be damn sure you replace him with a better player.

+ the guy we signed as a RB who lately showed signs of improvement, was ignored by our coach most of the time for inexplicable reasons

serghei

I'd go as far as saying the Alves affair is one of the reasons for this shit season, with so many shocking results. One of the most important reasons even, when we look at how horrible our right side looked in the process.

Neymessi

He did show signs of decline. But that decline meant he was not the absolute best RB in the world. He was 'only' top 5. Our RB is not even top 20 atm (that's because he is not a RB at all :lol:). If you understand what the problem is.

When you do that to a club legend, you'd better be damn sure you replace him with a better player. Not with the shitfest that followed, like midfielders played in right back positions or switches to 3-4-3 because they found out there is no RB in the squad.

Agree that we did not replace him properly at all but alves wasn't top 5 back then. Maybe he could be because there weren't many good rightbacks back then but surely he had regressed enough to not be able continue here and play barca level. He couldn't track back if his life depended on it and it became very visible that age caught up to him.

He was treated craply and thats on the board fully. Same for not being able to replace him. But he had declined enough to be sold.

serghei

[MENTION=16494]Neymessi[/MENTION], imo Alves was a top 5 RB in every single season since 2008 until now. Let's say 9 years. In 6/9 years he was the best RB in the world bar none. Then from 2014-16 Alves was back to no1 in the world. Since 2016 Carvajal is the best imo, while Alves and Lahm still form top 3.

I'd have it

2008 - Alves
2009 - Alves
2010 - Alves/Maicon
2011 - Alves
2012 - Alves
2013 - Lahm
2014 - Lahm
2015 - Alves
2016 - Carvajal.

Last edited:

Meatball

I d pick Alves to play for us over any top RB at the moment for his link up play n chemistry with Messi along with his understanding of Barca's style of play, at least for this season! A longterm replacement still has to be put into plan, though :thinking:

Home of Barca Fans