Daniel Alves

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Wingback role suits him really well. Even more opportunities to go forward and less defensive duties. Also had some good moments as a right defensive midfielder in the last minutes after Cuadrado came on.
As I said after Juve beat us: Eto'o story all over again.

Devils

Aside from being a once in a lifetime RB, Dani has always been a big, big game player. And he still has it.

What a shame, Dani could have been a huge asset to us this season.

BerkeleyBernie

Alves with a nice backheel assist to Higuain goal vs. Monaco in the 1st leg of UCL semifinal.

Beautiful move but gawdawful defending by #14 Tiemoué Bakayoko. Stopped running and ballwatched, letting Higuain stroll past him into the box unmarked. Amateur hour. That blind backheel had no chance if properly defended.

Alves with an another assist to Higuain 2nd goal vs. Monaco

LOL again #14 terrible and responsible for turnover leading to goal. That's 22 years old for you. You ain't going to win CL with your DM playing like that.

Neymessi

Alves oh alves. Just give cr7 hell in the final by keeping him in your pocket. I can only have hope from you now.

BarcaOG

Banned
its terrific to see him thrive. i don't watch Serie A but he has been phenomenal in the CL knock out rounds. So energetic and positive in attack; tidy (sufficiently effective--defending was never his forte) in defence. to say nothing of the attitude and spirit he brings to the team. these are qualities that are often overlooked but that can help make a difference. for reference just look at Atleti: simeone has fine footballers at his disposal but they are psychologically incapable of challenging real. no spirit, no will, whatsoever.

please dani dont let real repeat the CL!

MIXA

He is a remarkable footballer. Plays with an enormous amount of energy, is excellent on the ball and he reads the game so so well. Alves is an underappreciated part of our golden generation.

He is an excellent ball playing defender. I'm not sure if there are any defenders out there who are as good as Alves is on the ball. He is basically a hybrid CM/RB/winger type super combo.

Letting him go is proving to be so costly.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, and Busquets. These are the 5 irreplaceable players for Barcelona during the golden years. Their abilities and their resulting level of influence will likely never be matched for Barcelona (or at least until football is totally evolved/changed from now).

There's a reason why Thiago/Verratti probably won't ever be better than Xavi/Iniesta or why Neymar/Hazard/etc. will never reach Messi's level. I haven't even seen anyone even remotely close to Alves at offensive RB, only Marcelo at LB. It's due to the extremely high level of footballing IQ that has led these players to be so dominant in football over so many years. It's standout when compared to the other 'World Class' players of today or prior to them. Not only are their skills perfect for their role, their approach to the game is so brilliant and effective that they are nearly unmatched in their productivity at all levels. There's something fundamentally different in Messi's mind that allows him to be the best one-man attacking army in football so consistently. Similar with Xavi in being an orchestrating midfielder and Alves at being the greatest offensive wingback in history. It's a huge rarity and awe-striking occurrence when a player like this comes along because they literally redefine what it means to reach perfection in their role/position.

ejuventus

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, and Busquets. These are the 5 irreplaceable players for Barcelona during the golden years. Their abilities and their resulting level of influence will likely never be matched for Barcelona (or at least until football is totally evolved/changed from now).

There's a reason why Thiago/Verratti probably won't ever be better than Xavi/Iniesta or why Neymar/Hazard/etc. will never reach Messi's level. I haven't even seen anyone even remotely close to Alves at offensive RB, only Marcelo at LB. It's due to the extremely high level of footballing IQ that has led these players to be so dominant in football over so many years. It's standout when compared to the other 'World Class' players of today or prior to them. Not only are their skills perfect for their role, their approach to the game is so brilliant and effective that they are nearly unmatched in their productivity at all levels. There's something fundamentally different in Messi's mind that allows him to be the best one-man attacking army in football so consistently. Similar with Xavi in being an orchestrating midfielder and Alves at being the greatest offensive wingback in history. It's a huge rarity and awe-striking occurrence when a player like this comes along because they literally redefine what it means to reach perfection in their role/position.

I agree but ........ please, Busquets.....

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
best RB in football history, I'd say and I used to say it since he was at Barça

Interesting. Because most people on Juve forums said he sucks just before Barca-Juve matches.
Same malady over there as we had it here and it is true Dani hasn't been appreciated enough.

Home of Barca Fans