Zinedine Zidane

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In his prime, I remember him being hailed as best midfielder in the world and I agree.
I don't recall him being considered among best of all time.
Certainly not from 04-07.

Nucky

After 03 his form faded a little compared to his 98-03 form. Though he still showed some skills at 2006 World Cup and was close to say goodbye to national team with WC title. Even though Zidane played for our biggest rival I still rate him as one of the best because he was. France national team won the WC in 1998 and EURO 2 years later. They faded for 2002 WC and EURO 2004 but came back in 2006 WC and played in the final vs Italy. Zidane was their main man in that WC.

MagIX

After 03 he was 32.y.o., it is normal that his form faded, even Xavi at the age of 32 his form dropped, that' normal.

Of the players that I have seen, for me he is one of the best, no doubt, for me top 5, in my perfect 11.

[MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION]: I would like to hear your opinion about Zizou

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I have to be honest and say that up until few years ago I thought Zidane was a better player than Iniesta.

Nucky

After 03 he was 32.y.o., it is normal that his form faded, even Xavi at the age of 32 his form dropped, that' normal.

Of the players that I have seen, for me he is one of the best, no doubt, for me top 5, in my perfect 11.

[MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION]: I would like to hear your opinion about Zizou

Of course but before that he was a beast player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNidF9TanMQ
34 year old in his potential last game !

To me the fact that Zidane bloomed late (though improved very steadily) is a much better founded criticism than a relative lack of club titles. Players like Neymar or Busquets have that over him. Iniesta too, a little less so than the formers.

Last edited:

El Flaco

I'm not why Zidane's performance against Brazil was so special?

He had great skills and his free kick managed to reach Thierry Henry.

But as an offensive midfielder, he only created one goal scoring opportunity in open play for 90+ minutes.

A bit underwhelming from Zidane tbh.

well, to keep it short & sw, you've gone over to the dark side
maybe if you actually watched the game before talking about it
but then perhaps not

El Flaco

Or it's better to watch an individual video of what Zidane did with the ball in order to contribute forward?

Again, the fact that Zidane only created one goal scoring opportunity in open play as an offensive midfielder during the entire game is just poor.

---

Only this guy can make a roulette as worth as a hattrick and be praised for it...

Last edited:

El Flaco

I have to be honest and say that up until few years ago I thought Zidane was a better player than Iniesta.

To be fair, Iniesta is CM while Zidane used to play as CAM.

Pretty hard to compare these two players I'd say.

for info i didn't bother replying because it seems you can't even count to two
calling zidane's performance vs brazil poor didn't help your case either
Your arguments on subjectivity don't really hit home after that, not gonna waste my time.

you should definitely learn to see humor instead of aggression, lol :mathieu:

El Flaco

Pretty hard to say subjectivity if you watch a video that shows every single moment when he had the ball and count how many goal scoring oppportunity he created.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans