Zinedine Zidane

El Gato

Villarato!
Well he isn’t going anywhere else, at least not now.

Shock has receded slightly. It seems he’s going on an instinct that he will not be able to motivate that group to win regularly. He’s very candid about it. I love that. But I’m fucking distraught. I don’t think any of the senior players will respect anybody anywhere near equally as they did him.

El Flaco

He's actually gone... Wow.
I'll sort of miss his class - especially so if he gets replaced by an absolutely classless ass clown such as Guti.

I won't miss his black magic voodoo luck, though.

Didn't Zidane refuse to make the traditional Pasillo for us?

Granted, Guti is a shitebag but I wouldn't say Zidane is class.

Stoichkov1

Well that's terrible news, if Madrid hire someone like Conte we aren't winning the league anytime soon.

Zidane is a brilliant coach but it's clear he isn't that good at organizing a defence and more often than not the defence wins you titles. We'll finish trophyless next season if Conte or Poch go to Madrid as their performances in the league will surely improve and we're not good enough to win the CL.

Vilarrubi

Well that's terrible news, if Madrid hire someone like Conte we aren't winning the league anytime soon.

Zidane is a brilliant coach but it's clear he isn't that good at organizing a defence and more often than not the defence wins you titles. We'll finish trophyless next season if Conte or Poch go to Madrid as their performances in the league will surely improve and we're not good enough to win the CL.

Bit dramatic.... yeah cos Chelsea did so well this season.

FCBfan22

Well, the only explanation I can see is that he does not want the singnings/sales Flo is gonna make, so he decided to quit on a high note.

Joan

Well, the only explanation I can see is that he does not want the singnings/sales Flo is gonna make, so he decided to quit on a high note.

Flo probably wants him to say goodbye to Navas and Benzema and he can't sice they are his friends.

He leaves as a winner, good move for him.

Demog

I'm not shocked. He got lucky winning the CL this season and I don't see them winning it next season, or La Liga. So he would likely have been fired by next season anyway. This is a good time for him to go, and he leaves with an incredible record.

Morten

Poch, the guy who has never won a title in his life(as a coach, at least)?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No, he is not leaving at "most possible high" and he isn't class.

Great decision though. He rode his luck all the way and quit at the right time.

Home of Barca Fans