Youssoufa Moukoko

Andresito

Staff member
Unfortunately we can't tie him down yet. We'll have to rely on him not signing with anyone else until we're financially capable of closing the deal, which could be at the end of the season. A gentlemen's agreement.

khaled_a_d

Unfortunately we can't tie him down yet. We'll have to rely on him not signing with anyone else until we're financially capable of closing the deal, which could be at the end of the season. A gentlemen's agreement.

We can sign him in less than a week, registering him is another issue.
Anyway, feels like just media bs and agent driving his price up.
His financial demands is too big, and even Sport is using the whole "he need to make financial sacrifice if he wants Barca"
As for how good he is, I think he is good 9, but without an outstanding quality either.

Messi983

While I wouldn't mind it at all it would be a strange decision for him. Go from being the main striker at Dortmund to backup at Barca?

Can't he play on the wings as well?

And tbh, in which big club he'd be a starter right now?

City have Haaland and Alvarez. L'pool just bought Gakpo after spending 100m on Darwin so they're probably out of the race. United could offer him wages and first team minutes but would he really want to go there considering they're far from a guaranteed CL team in near future (which he probably wants). Chelsea is collecting talents from around the world so could add another one and they actually need a striker so if I'd have to guess he'll probably go there.

Can always go to Bayern as most young German talents but his wage demands could be too high for them (but then again this is also even more true for Barca). Or for all we know Perez could sign him just because he can and teenagers are seemingly only ones he's signing these days.

I think he could actually be attracted to Barca (more so if he's really our fan but ofc we know players don't always sign for the clubs they're supposed fans of) given how many minutes we've given to youngsters in recent years. Finances are problematic though. Would he accept being paid in the range of likes of Pedri, Gavi and Araujo and does he really deserve that is another question.

Personally I think it would be the best for his development to stay in Dortmund for a year or two more but looks like he has decided to leave.

Porque

We can sign him. The only thing is if we can register him in the summer, and if we can't then he would be free to sign for someone else.

Same as what happened with Christensen and Jessie.

I reckon we got a decent shot to sign him if he is intent on leaving. Cap needs to go down but you wouldn't expect him to earn more than Memphis who is on the way out. For example.

vuji_31

Busi is gone, Depay, Roberto and who knows else...If this is not enough then just go bankrupt, it will be easier.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

We can sign him on a pre-contract in January. He won't be registered until July at the earliest anyway so won't have any salary cap implications.

Can't he play on the wings as well?
And tbh, in which big club he'd be a starter right now?

He's more of a striker so would be a waste I think. If I was him I'd stay at Dortmund looking at how it went for Haaland and the fact that want to keep him as their #9 not knowing if Haller will be back properly.

khaled_a_d

If I was him I'd stay at Dortmund looking at how it went for Haaland and the fact that want to keep him as their #9 not knowing if Haller will be back properly.

Didn't work that well for Dembele or Sancho though. And Halaand is just a different breed.
BVB is good if you can negotiate a buyout clause on your terms, which BVB aren't willing to do anymore as they feel they got fleeced in Halaand deal.
Other than that, they will hype you to non end and sell you for highest bidder, which sound good financially for the players but highest bidder isn't necessary the best move for the player, and it just puts massive pressure on young players.

FinBarcelonafan

Busi is gone, Depay, Roberto and who knows else...If this is not enough then just go bankrupt, it will be easier.

Haha but it's ridiculous we lose those players and yet we can't sign anyone.. especially losing Busis massive wages is a huge help and even Pique left. The rules are way too tight. We got rid of guys who were making INSANE salaries yet it isn't enough.

wisconsincule

Seems like a perfect market opportunity.

He’s been hyped for a while? Has anyone actually seen him play this season? He’s gotta be worth the punt? I’ll have to start watching Dortmund matches now that there is some smoke to this transfer.

khaled_a_d

Seems like a perfect market opportunity.

He’s been hyped for a while? Has anyone actually seen him play this season? He’s gotta be worth the punt? I’ll have to start watching Dortmund matches now that there is some smoke to this transfer.

Watched him couple of times, seems to me as more of "Jack of all trades, master of none" type of player atm.
At this age this isn't a bad thing, but think his potential isn't massive though

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

There is something Brazilian but also Dembele-esque about the way he dribbles

Watched him couple of times, seems to me as more of "Jack of all trades, master of none" type of player atm.
At this age this isn't a bad thing, but think his potential isn't massive though

Disagree. He looks technicallly briliant. Need to watch more to verify though

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Like I said before if this guy wasn't on a free we wouldn't bother. I don't think his ceiling is that high but I could be wrong. When people were raving about Sanchi I said he was another overrated English player.
The sad fact is we are relegated to looking at free transfers mostly.
One untapped market we should look at is misfits. EPL clubs are just stacking players due to their financial status. Not every player is going to be a starter or be happy at the club. We have to either get these guys on loan or on the cheap. This is a tactic used by lesser clubs but we have now become that.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah well he's 18, plays for Germany's NT and Dortmund. On top of that he's free. Anybody with a brain can see that this is a good market opportunity. Could probably sell him for 10m in the future either way.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah well he's 18, plays for Germany's NT and Dortmund. On top of that he's free. Anybody with a brain can see that this is a good market opportunity. Could probably sell him for 10m in the future either way.

He's also been hyped for years as Germany's biggest next star in a generation

Home of Barca Fans