Xavi Hernández

jamrock

He played Feran until People on Mars told him to stop being that stupid.
He played Cubarsi (after choosing the wrong kid from the B team which was corrected by Rafa) because the other choices are DOG SHIT
He played Fermin because Pedri & FDJ & Gavi Injured
Yamal ? what choice does he have ..

As matter of fact if he had a choice he would have rested those kids, and now either this summer or next season if they are not fully rested ==> Ansu/Pedri/Gavi
What other choices are "dog shit" exactly?

Fort? Who's played well every time he's gotta a chance

Faye? Who Is universal considered a great CB prospect.

Even if Marquez said maybe look at cubarsi, wtf does that matter? He's he one coaching then day in day out.

Or you dumb?.

Benched alba for balde.
De jong for gavi.
When every winger is fit and available he still choose yamal.
Martinez can't even get a start because if cubarsi.

Like a salmon swimming up stream on this one.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

What other choices are "dog shit" exactly?

Fort? Who's played well every time he's gotta a chance

Faye? Who Is universal considered a great CB prospect.

Even if Marquez said maybe look at cubarsi, wtf does that matter? He's he one coaching then day in day out.

Or you dumb?.

Benched alba for balde.
De jong for gavi.
When every winger is fit and available he still choose yamal.
Martinez can't even get a start because if cubarsi.

Like a salmon swimming up stream on this one.

You are the one saying he played the youngster despite having "senior" players on the bench ?
Now you are giving me Fort & Faye ?

jamrock

You are the one saying he played the youngster despite having "senior" players on the bench ?
Now you are giving me Fort & Faye ?
What?
You said the other options not named cubarsi were "dog shit" who was dog shit?.

Faye?
Fort?
Christensen?
Kounde?
Araujo?
Martinez?.

Nazario1985

What?
You said the other options not named cubarsi were "dog shit" who was dog shit?.

Faye?
Fort?
Christensen?
Kounde?
Araujo?
Martinez?.

holy shit didn't see I was talking to @jamrock .

Sorry, you are right.

Xavi is the one who discovered Cubarsi and not Rafa and Yamal also.
Yes sir he played Cubarsi/Yamal/Fermin ..etc to death, even if he had world class players in the bench like Ferran/Roberto/Martinez/Alonso ..etc

jamrock

holy shit didn't see I was talking to @jamrock .

Sorry, you are right.

Xavi is the one who discovered Cubarsi and not Rafa and Yamal also.
Yes sir he played Cubarsi/Yamal/Fermin ..etc to death, even if he had world class players in the bench like Ferran/Roberto/Martinez/Alonso ..etc

Bro you got cooked, it's cool it's regular thing for you.

Take the L and move on.

fergus90

I just wish he stuck by his original decision to resign as the whole situation has been handled appallingly since.

I think Xavi will have carve a good career as a manager to be fair and the whole experience at Barca will help him moving forward.

If he can join a team where how you play isn’t so scrutinised he will do well. He could definitely manage teams fighting for European qualification.

Messi983

Reportedly Deco will travel with the team to Sevilla while Laporta is going to UWCL final in Bilbao.

So very likely that Laporta won't even have the face to tell Xavi personally he's sacked and Deco will have to do a dirty work for him.

Whatever we think about Xavi as a coach that's a disgusting behaviour against a club legend. Nothing new for Laporta though, he did the same with Koeman.

Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

Reportedly Deco will travel with the team to Sevilla while Laporta is going to UWCL final in Bilbao.

So very likely that Laporta won't even have the face to tell Xavi personally he's sacked and Deco will have to do a dirty work for him.

Whatever we think about Xavi as a coach that's a disgusting behaviour against a club legend. Nothing new for Laporta though, he did the same with Koeman.
True, but one would guess this decision has already been made and communicated.

Messi983

Reports now that Laporta is at CE and will talk with Xavi.

At least that, although still leaves a bad taste how he dealt with this whole situation.

xXKonan

I think we've been blessed with having actual youngsters with staying power coming through the system this time.

Guys like Yamal, Fermin, Cubarsi, Balde, Gavi, Fort and you have others like Faye waiting in the wings are significantly much better than some of the other youngsters we had trying to come through.

There's Fati but Injuries have destroyed a top-level career for him before he even had a chance. Xavi may not be the best coach but at least he gave whoever comes next something to work with by integrating them into the team.

Messi983

Results aside I think Xavi did a good if not very good job transitioning this club from the old (amigos) core to a younger team built around La Masia players. Ofc made some mistakes but I never questioned that he gave his best to bring us success. He's a bigger Barca fan than anyone here and that's what probably limited him in some ways. As obviously did his lack of managerial experience.

But I'm not sure many outside coaches would do better over the past 2,5 years while dealing with restrictions we had and off the field stuff that coaches in other clubs usually don't have to deal with but here is almost part of the every day.

That's why it's so hard for anyone with no previous experience to succeed here and Flick will learn that from day one. Hopefully he's ready for challenge. Bayern is a big club with their internal problems but Barca is a different animal.

jamrock

Results aside I think Xavi did a good if not very good job transitioning this club from the old (amigos) core to a younger team built around La Masia players. Ofc made some mistakes but I never questioned that he gave his best to bring us success. He's a bigger Barca fan than anyone here and that's what probably limited him in some ways. As obviously did his lack of managerial experience.

But I'm not sure many outside coaches would do better over the past 2,5 years while dealing with restrictions we had and off the field stuff that coaches in other clubs usually don't have to deal with but here is almost part of the every day.

That's why it's so hard for anyone with no previous experience to succeed here and Flick will learn that from day one. Hopefully he's ready for challenge. Bayern is a big club with their internal problems but Barca is a different animal.
Prospective is a great thing to have.

Wish he went back to back in the league, but too many factors to list came into play to prevent that, including his own failings of course.

But overall 2.5 years given how fuck we were, 1 league title, rebuilding the team on a tight budget and a red away from who knows what in the CL.

Not great but not terrible

He probably got the job a bit too early, but he'll learn from it and bounce back.

Porque

Agreed. It is a shame the public u-turn to leave happened, then the public u-turn to stay happened and then finally the public u-turn to leave again.

Cooler heads, Xavi could have decided to leave end of season, get his pay off and ride off into the sunset and be looked back on favourably historically.

Laporta comes out of this looking bad. But no one will care if Hansi wins something.

Home of Barca Fans