Xabi Alonso

Messi983

Something like this could work.

Courtouis
Militao - Rudiger - Antonio Silva?
Frimpong? - Cama - Tchou - Jude - Davies?
Vini - Mbappe?

Would def not look forward facing this team.

malvolio

Given he plays 3ATB and we will likely have 3 LWs while he plays none is already a hurdle he'll have to get over

Almost certain we will go for him if that 15M release clause is true
Since Madrid have finished the stadium rebuild and Carlo is out of the picture, I guess they'll give Xabi a huge transfer budget.

El Gato

Villarato!
Since Madrid have finished the stadium rebuild and Carlo is out of the picture, I guess they'll give Xabi a huge transfer budget.
The budget wont be generated from selling 2 of the 3 left wingers, that's for sure

I doubt we'll splash out a lot any time soon.
Mbappe will become a budget burden
If doesn't materialise, I assume we'll do another Jovic-type punt
Club seems otherwise intent and fixated on Davies or try to bring a RB in

Andresito

Staff member
Davies going to be a monster for them. Will be an incredible piece of business since he's out of contract soon.

El Gato

Villarato!
Is he?
I swear dude has had one good season and I've always been quite.. -whelmed, with his European performances
I still get reminded how he had one job to do after coming on a few years back and did this lol

But I dont watch them enough, recall he played alright in that unflattering first leg vs City
Just seems like he's the least average of all options out there
Probably still an improvement on Mendy but seems more a well-timed marketing stunt ahead of the North American WC

Last edited:

Birdy

Great managers always find the best ways to utilize their squad and are not fixated to formations.
But, who cares if he is going to play 3ATB or something else?

The guy is clearly an elite coaching prospect, and I don't want him anywhere close to Madrid.
Madrid always had bad coaches, and only good man-managers in their recent history. The last time they had a decent coach tactically was with Mourinho.
But having a better coach than Barca AND playing better football is something that I won't be able to toletate

Any chance Ancelotti wins LL this season and stays beyond? That would be sweet
Or that Raul somehow gets the nod?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Great managers always find the best ways to utilize their squad and are not fixated to formations.
But, who cares if he is going to play 3ATB or something else?

The guy is clearly an elite coaching prospect, and I don't want him anywhere close to Madrid.
Madrid always had bad coaches, and only good man-managers in their recent history. The last time they had a decent coach tactically was with Mourinho.
But having a better coach than Barca AND playing better football is something that I won't be able to toletate

Any chance Ancelotti wins LL this season and stays beyond? That would be sweet
Or that Raul somehow gets the nod?

i think ancelotti has already agreed to become the coach of Brazil so he wont stay regardless of his success :(

Birdy

i think ancelotti has already agreed to become the coach of Brazil so he wont stay regardless of his success :(
Don't think he prefers Brazil ahead of RM. If Perez asks him to stay more, he will. If he sacks him, that's a posssibility

In any case, I think it's an idiotic move from the Brazilian FA. Diniz is there trying to instill a new philosophy and football principles. Go back to a man-manager with no football identity for a hopeless attempt to win again?

El Gato

Villarato!
Real had very good tactical coaches in Zidane Solari and Benitez.

Everyone care what shape he may adopt as it dictates what players may or may not be recruited for it.

Ancelotti could stay, wouldn't even be surprising considering how clubs been operating window to window.
Raul could get in till end of season if some catastrophic failure happened, i.e. going 10 points behind by March and crashing out of all comps, then remain on honesty basis if team follows his lead

Andresito

Staff member
Real had very good tactical coaches in Zidane Solari and Benitez.

Everyone care what shape he may adopt as it dictates what players may or may not be recruited for it.

Ancelotti could stay, wouldn't even be surprising considering how clubs been operating window to window.
Raul could get in till end of season if some catastrophic failure happened, i.e. going 10 points behind by March and crashing out of all comps, then remain on honesty basis if team follows his lead
Who do you prefer as coach 2024/25?

El Gato

Villarato!
Also Bayer DOF denied the clause but said club doesn't need it. So Alonso availability may be overstated. Not that he'd not ask to go if Real came asking

El Gato

Villarato!
Who do you prefer as coach 2024/25?
Don't know. Probably Xabi but it's not clear cut and I worry for him getting handed a misrecruited front line.
If we going ahead with Mbappe shitshow I'd rather Ancelotti got the brunt of it not working to start with then either Zidane return or Raul in and wait till Vini-Mbappe situation crystallizes a bit. Its not like it'd take more than 12-24 months to filter out the bad stuff

Alonso I'd rather bring in when we work out which of Perez's vanity projects to put all chips on with a manager that has an idea for it.
But then again maybe Alonso already does. It's not like he's alien to double DM setups, coached Sociedad B side in that system for a bit too

There's also a matter of Saudis pinching people we target to consider so I'd anticipate club wanting to move sooner rather than later without worrying for squad dynamics and that makes me concerned

malvolio

Zidane waited long enough for that France job and Euro is around the corner. Surely Deschamps is gone this Summer.
Or he turns to Marseille, if they get bought by Saudis?

Home of Barca Fans