World Cup 2022

eaman

France definitely had the stronger squad and overall team but most games are won and lost in midfield and I think Argentina were stronger there. Griezmann isn't a proper midfielder and tchouameni I'd only wet behind the ears and is never dominating those Argentina players. Actually how did a guy who barely plays for real get in ahead of camavinga. I don't think that virus had anything to do with Argentinas first half dominance. It was the difference in midfield

gasgas

France definitely had the stronger squad and overall team but most games are won and lost in midfield and I think Argentina were stronger there. Griezmann isn't a proper midfielder and tchouameni I'd only wet behind the ears and is never dominating those Argentina players. Actually how did a guy who barely plays for real get in ahead of camavinga. I don't think that virus had anything to do with Argentinas first half dominance. It was the difference in midfield
Tchouameni barely plays for Real? Have you been watching Real this season? He starts for them and Camavinga comes from the bench

eaman

Tchouameni barely plays for Real? Have you been watching Real this season? He starts for them and Camavinga comes from the bench

Alright ya. I've actually only seen a couple of real games this season. Always thought camavinga was ahead of him because he played so much the season before. Anyway they were still dominated by the Argentine experience

BBZ8800

I really doubt the award voters look very deep into it but maybe they do and its more than saves that win it. Martinez commanded every aerial ball he had to deal with and did all the other parts well along with crucial saves and he had a big part in winning the tournament. I can't remember all livakovics saves but I'm sure plenty were saves any keeper would make. That Martinez save near the end of extra time was worth 5 top saves

It's more fun for billions of neutral fans that MOTMs and best players are from the winners or famous teams.
It is a more interesting story for papers, Youtube, social networks and future documentary movies.
Legends in the making.

Livakovic had more saves vs Brazil alone that Martinez at the whole world cup.
These are saves without 4 PK saves against Japan and Brazil:

Messigician

It's more fun for billions of neutral fans that MOTMs and best players are from the winners or famous teams.
It is a more interesting story for papers, Youtube, social networks and future documentary movies.
Legends in the making.

Livakovic had more saves vs Brazil alone that Martinez at the whole world cup.
These are saves without 4 PK saves against Japan and Brazil:

Nah Emilano's extra time save was worth the award alone

BBZ8800

Nah Emilano's extra time save was worth the award alone

Your answer perfectly explains FIFA's logic in terms of awards, pens, sponsors and everything.
Winners are the only one who counts, whom average fans remember, whom they Google and follow on social media.
People want to see familiar/famous faces as winners.

And FIFA is giving fans what they want.
Win-win for fans and FIFA.

Football is growing, number of fans is growing, number of sponsors is growing, this WC earned 12-15% more than the last WC.
The same as with blockbusters, you need a good story (skills) but also famous actors who will attract billions in movies.
Or with pop music, no one wants to watch an ugly, fat singer. Beautiful, young singers are what brings billions to the industry.
You need some skills and some good songs. After that it is all beauty, marketing and appeal to younger fans on social media as a key ingredient.
Not the best singer is the most popular. But the one with perfect ingredients on whom the industry can milk the highest amount of income.

FIFA/football/any successfull job don't work on much different economic/psychological/marketing rules, regardless of what some think.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Courtois won Golden Glove in 2018 even though they got knocked out in half-finals.

Curtois is from Belgium.
Curtois till 2018 played for Atletico and 4 years at a mighty EPL for Chelsea (the most covered league in the world). Everything from EPL is more important, more relevant and more marketable.
Also, he moved to a RM in 2018, the most famous club in the world, who have shady connections in UEFA/CL/among refs and there are tons of rumors how papa Florentino singlehandadly could have given you Ballon D Or award with his connections.

So, giving an award to Curtois with connections to Belgium (home of EU politics), EPL, London, Real Madrid, Florentino really isn't saying too much regarding my views on favoring big nations/teams/players by UEFA/FIFA since football became insanely lucrative.

Ballon D Or top3 places since 2000:
Per country:
Portugal: 14 (Figo, Deco, CR7)
Argentina: 13 (Messi)
Brazil: 7 (Ronaldo9, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Neymar)
Spain: 7 (Raul, Torres, Xavi, Iniesta)
France: 7 (Zidane, Henry, Ribery, Griezmann)
Italy: 4 (Maldini, Cannavaro, Buffon, Jorginho)
England: 3 (Owen, Lampard, Gerard)
Germany: 3 (Kahn, Neuer)
=================
Rest of the world:
Ukraine: 2 (Schevchenko)
Czech: 1 (Nedved)
Croatia: 1 (Modric)
Netherlands: 1 (Van Dijk)
Poland: 1 (Lewa)
Senegal: 1 (Mane)
Belgium: 1 (De Bruyne)

Big countries vs rest of the world: 26 players vs 7 players

Or, look at this, this is really funny:
Apparently all the biggest young talents in the world are coming ONLY from 7-8 the most famous/most influental footballing countries:
All Golden boy awards since 2003:

4 Spain: Fabregas, Isco, Pedri, Gavi
3 France: Pogba, Martial, Mbappe
2 Brazil: Anderson, Pato
2 Argentina: Messi, Aguero
2 England: Rooney, Sterling
2 Portugal: Renato Sanches, Joao Felix
1 Germany: Gotze
1 Italy: Balotelli

Rest of the world:
2 Netherlands: Van Der Vaart, De Ligt
1 Norway: Haaland

Big countries: 17 players
Rest of the world (the whole planet): 3 players
And if we count Netherlands as the "big footballing" country, then we have only 1 Golden boy from outside famous nations.

Fucking lol :lol:
How come that:
1. the highest number of BDor winners are from the most famous/influental nations and clubs, where FIFA/UEFA can get the biggest ROI (return of investment)?
2. how come that countries/clubs who are usually favored by refs (Real, Barca, EPL, Brazil, Argentina) are also, the same countries where you get the biggest ROI and you can earn by far the most on their success?
3. how come that those might 7-8 countries also have THE BEST young talents in the world (according to awards) and a gem is never born in Africa, Eastern Europe, South America outside of Brazil/Argentina?

And then JamieDav tells me that an award to Gavi wasn't a fucking political/marketing decision to keep Barca's (falling) brand alive since the first team is like a Titanic currently and FIFA/UEFA don't want one of their biggest/most recognizable brands in the last 20 years to die.

Yeah, everything is just a pure coincidence :lol:
And then you wonder why some countries get 5-6 soft pens and why a smaller club/NT team almost never gets ref's 50:50 decisions in their favor in matches vs famous clubs/NT teams.
Again, because FIFA/UEFA are losing money if big names go out.
Big clubs/NT teams are their Leo Di Caprio, Chris Hemsworth, Jennifer Lawrence.
If they are on the screen (in semis or finals), the movie (matches) are way more likely to break records, attract billions of new viewers and new sponsors.

There is a reason why Barto for years needed to make an annual Brazilian signing, no matter how average some of them have been.
Or why we signed Dest from Usa.

Last edited:

Messigician

BBZ last year

" I find it a bit hard to trust anyone who believes in conspiracies they are crazy to me"

Bbz now going Alex Jones lol

Home of Barca Fans