World Cup 2022

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hopp Suisse!

12645148.image

Last edited:

FiReFTW

Can someone explain these playoffs? I was looking at it in wikipedia and its explained so POORLY THAT IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME...

Someone explain it in simple terms, which teams will most likely participate in the playoffs and how does the schedule look more or less, will portugal face some tough teams or should it be easy to qualify?

CatalinR10

Can someone explain these playoffs? I was looking at it in wikipedia and its explained so POORLY THAT IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME...

Someone explain it in simple terms, which teams will most likely participate in the playoffs and how does the schedule look more or less, will portugal face some tough teams or should it be easy to qualify?

teams that finished 2nd in their groups.

I guess they'll have a draw which teams play with which.

khaled_a_d

12 teams in the playoffs (10 2nd places and 2 from nations league)
They will be seeded into two pots, called seeded and unseeded teams (i.e tier 1 and tier 2)

The twelve teams will be divided in 3 groups, each group of 4 teams. Only group winner qualify to the world cup
The group will be in form of a cup, semi-finals then a final, each from one game
The host of the final will be based on a draw

Each group consists of two seeded teams, and 2 unseeded teams.

For example, let's say group consists of Italy, Austria, Portugal, Macedonia
Italy vs Austria in Italy, Portugal vs Macedonia in Portugal
Final will be in one of those countries based on a draw.

KingLeo10

They will be seeded into two pots, called seeded and unseeded teams (i.e tier 1 and tier 2)

The twelve teams will be divided in 3 groups, each group of 4 teams. Only group winner qualify to the world cup
The group will be in form of a cup, semi-finals then a final, each from one game

Damn that's a lot tougher to qualify than the two-legged tie.

BerkeleyBernie

Why? Why?

With a male population of 4,000-5,000 between 16-40 years of age, if you know how to play soccer, you have a pretty good chance of making the national team. :lol:

Came *this* close to drawing with mighty Andorra!
(0-5) over two games)

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 11.48.02 PM.jpg

malvolio

So basically 2 KO games to win a group. Only 3 teams qualify, from 12 - the group winners.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb.../2022-world-cup-playoffs-all-you-need-to-know

Bale to score the winner vs Portugal in the final. Ronaldo to injure someone, get a red and cry like a spoiled brat.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans