Who could replace Xavi?

Who would you like to see as a new Barca manager in case Xavi gets fired?

• De Zerbi

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Thiago Motta

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Michel

• Flick

• Conte

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rafa Marquez

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Titan Thomas Tuchel would be a solid choice.

He'd toss a lot of the trash we have here out the door.

Birdy

If we had a sold SDepartment, and not a bunch of buddies and amigos at the executive level,
a thorough process of examining even the tiniest detail of how any prospective coach fits best the club and the project would have been carried out
I am not optimistic it will happen, as the cholesterol-ridden president we have will most likely pull another blind shot with someone like marquez, who doesn't have the credentials to be in the short list to begin with, at yet another attempt to find the next pep

Obviously, of the ones available right now at world football
Michel and Imanol from Spain, and
De Zerbi, Arne Slot Flick, Nagelsman, Gallardo from outside
should be top of the list to examine

Gaudi

I just want us to abandon ''Barca DNA.''
I want us to get with the fucking times and find a coach who understands this.
We need to better balance verticiality with piss poor, slow, predictable and passive build up play.
We need to cover more ground as a team, we need to understand the importance of defending and defensive shapes.

Assuming we'll win 90% of games by having loads of possession and playing nonsense football in the opponents half thus assuming we are ''dominant'' is fucking dead and I hope with Xavi's departure, the club finally understands it. (Which probably won't happen so gg's)
i don't post so much anymore because everything looks like a groundhog day with Barca but this are my thoughts as well.
Yes, maybe we need some better players on some positions, but as long as we live in past (2009) nothing will change, so as long as we pick this Barca DNA type nothing will change. Only "DNA type" I would accept is Pep then. Otherwise pick someone completely different who will stop this nonsense, slow, static football that some believe is controlled football but in reality is bullshit football.

Windhook

Marquez would have been appointed as caretaker manager in case Xavi had resigned yesterday. He doesn't have the credentials, nor the accomplishments with Barca B to be considered to be given permanent contract. And there is no Johan Cruyff advisor figure around anymore to tell Laporta to give low profiles Rijkaard or Pep a shot.

I sense majority here are FOR hard reset with the next non-BarcaDNA Bobby Robson. Mourinho is the perfect profile. Klopp is taking a break. De Zerbi is hugely influenced by Pep Guardiola, in a sense could be considered another BarcaDNA coach.

Nazario1985

If i had to choose (and all of them are available) :

Klopp>Tuchel>Jose>Pep
Pep last for the simple reason I feel he needs 58 billions dollars or Messi to succeed, and we have none of that.

The last thing we need is a nobody at the helm, This is not the time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
De Zerbi or Michel would be my options. Perhaps Nagelsmann too.

Xabi Alonso, Tuchel, Conte are not coming to Barcelona. I'm a bit wary of Flick tbh.

Although having a Txiki without the major influence from Laporta's buddies or agents is what we need the most.

Birdy

Football-wise what Flick created at Bayern for two years is superior to what all others in the list have created.
Of course, other factors should weigh in as well. Just wanting to point out that

Devils

My guess is that it will be between Tuchel, Flick or Motta.

Under the radar pick would be Michel or Alguacil.

The dream would be Klopp, but it's never going to happen.

Jakabor

1) Klopp
2) Arteta, Emery, Xabi Alonso, Ten Hag
3 De Zerbi, Miguel, Alguacil,Lucho
4) Motta og Flick

Birdy

Stop typing names that are not possible

Klopp won't stop his break, and won't be interested anyway.
Arteta, Pep, Lucho are under contracts and won't break them.
if ETH is not fired, he won't break it either

The only realistic options are the ones either free (Flick or Nagelsman), or under contracts at smaller clubs (Imanol, Michel, De Zerbi)

khaled_a_d

There is no harm in trying to get the best options first mate.
It is normal that the club should try everything in it's power to bring Klopp, if he says no then it will at least build bridges for the time when he decides to return.

Some under contract coaches could be attainable though, PSG isn't very happy with Lucho and mutual divorce might be good solution for both, Inzaghi contract ends in a year and Inter might honour his wish to leave.

As for other options, De Zerbi is a coach who will fail in his first big cluyb move. He isn't even the star of the show but the SD of the club. Never mind Brighton will ask for massive compensation from him.
Imanol and Michel are solid options, not sexy names for the fans but more of EV type of hire. Capable of getting the job done but nothing eye catching.
Flick is a 59 years old whose entire career was in 3rd & 4th divisions or assistant. Then was hired in Covid year and had a dream 6 month beating teams led by Setien, Lampard and ligue 1 clubs. Then he had typical Bayern year and then became Germany worst ever manager.
A 1.5 year at professional club level at the age of 59, he is just 2 years younger than Mourinho who is now considered ancient coach. I won't hate the club for hiring him but he isn't what fans are fantasizing about.
Naggelsman has the brain, but his ego is insufferable and is a stubborn sob. If his time with Bayern has humbled him he might be a good choice, otherwise he will come with some of Xavi's package, and then he will be fighting with the media on hourly basis.

Some surprise coaches will be availabe too btw, this always happens

Birdy

There is no harm in trying to get the best options first mate.
It is normal that the club should try everything in it's power to bring Klopp, if he says no then it will at least build bridges for the time when he decides to return.

Some under contract coaches could be attainable though, PSG isn't very happy with Lucho and mutual divorce might be good solution for both, Inzaghi contract ends in a year and Inter might honour his wish to leave.

As for other options, De Zerbi is a coach who will fail in his first big cluyb move. He isn't even the star of the show but the SD of the club. Never mind Brighton will ask for massive compensation from him.
Imanol and Michel are solid options, not sexy names for the fans but more of EV type of hire. Capable of getting the job done but nothing eye catching.
Flick is a 59 years old whose entire career was in 3rd & 4th divisions or assistant. Then was hired in Covid year and had a dream 6 month beating teams led by Setien, Lampard and ligue 1 clubs. Then he had typical Bayern year and then became Germany worst ever manager.
A 1.5 year at professional club level at the age of 59, he is just 2 years younger than Mourinho who is now considered ancient coach. I won't hate the club for hiring him but he isn't what fans are fantasizing about.
Naggelsman has the brain, but his ego is insufferable and is a stubborn sob. If his time with Bayern has humbled him he might be a good choice, otherwise he will come with some of Xavi's package, and then he will be fighting with the media on hourly basis.

Some surprise coaches will be availabe too btw, this always happens

1) Age argument is valid.
But please don't try to underrate Flick's job at Bayern with all that BS about covid, etc.
The football he played was more than sensational and in line with all the Barca prinicples at modern era:
high intensity and pressing, super attacking, suffocating every opponent

2) Time has shown how bad decision was the sacking of Nagelsman by Bayern board.
Even the ones thought back then that the decision made any sense, now turned against them after the next 10 months showed the truth

3) Lucho isn't available, and PSG are happy with him. Kelaifi won't allow any part of PSG organisation to go to barca, unless is trash they won't to dispose.
Besides, it would be 100% wrong appointment by many standards.

PS: nothing wrong in trying to get the best out there, but I am saying realistically they are not coming.
Pep, Klopp, Arteta ain't coming
So people should stop daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans