Which CL was more undeserved: Chelsea 2012 or RM 2016?

Which CL title was more undeserved?

• Chelsea 2012

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Real Madrid 2016

Votes: 46 68.7%

• Total voters

BBZ8800

Ok they maybe did better then us in spring but how many matches did they even play compared to us?
They didn´t have all these Supercups,CWC and no CDR aswell.:lol:

CDR, maybe the answer is here.

For some reason, our fans rate this competition as something extremely important.
While again, 99% of european teams in other countries plays with squad players or youngsters virtually till the semifinal.
If they get knocked out earlier, who cares?

Then, a spring of 2016 comes, and you have 2 teams:
1. Barca, who played 20 Months in a row with a same starting 11, played a WC, numerous supercups, and yet we are trying to play CDR with a lot of starters in each round
2. Real, who isn't tired from a previous season, who didn't travel to play a WC, and who didn't play CDR at all, lol

What happens in spring?
1. as predicted, Barca loses energy in key moments due to playing too many cups with a thin squad, and because of "minor" competitions, we have lost a CL, and we have almost lost La liga also
2. Real didn't play minor cups, and in the end had more energy and motivation for a key CL matches, and almost stole a La liga from us

I knew that a CDR has a special place in hearts of our fans (this is probably something political, since I don't get it), but I am asking myself sometimes why our team is sometimes so naive?
Why are we aiming for "stupid" sextuples and similar crappy records, and then we can lose all trophies?
When we could just aim for a CL+La Liga, and play Cdr with Roberto, Rafinha, Vidal, Arda and other guys.
If they are good enough to win a trophy=awesome.
If not=who cares, since nobody else in the world cares about Cdr except Barca's fans.
(Some fans will probably say that our season was better than Real's since we won 2 trophies, La Liga and Cdr, I won't mention supercups here).

Imo, there is a huge chance that CDR ruined our chances in a CL.
Espanyol, Bilbao and Valencia, 6 matches in January and February which drained a lot of energy.
Real didn't lose energy in those 6 (imo, meaningful) matches.

3 Months later, Real won 10 points more than us in La Liga. And won a CL.
We have luckily managed to win La liga after dropping 10-points advantage, and lost a CL.
But we won a CDR :rolleyes:
If you get my point...

Again, I know that our fans rate that trophy for some reason, but 99% of football world (myself included) don't rate it at all.

I love Rijkaard, he didn't give a fuck about cup.
We won zero Cdrs in his 5 seasons here, and he saved the energy for La Liga and CL matches.
A smart guy, imo...

Pep and his sextuple caused problems and brought an obsession with a Cdr back.
We won it too many times since 2008 (4 times)...

BBZ8800

Real haven't beaten Atletico in 3x 90 minute games this season.. We beat them in 7 our of 8 last games against them.
The one which we lost happened to send us out of the CL. So a stat showing that they beat them in penalties in the final doesn't show the real picture.

Anyway like Flavia said give us Roma, Wolfsburg, City then Atletico in a FINAL rather than 2 legs and we would have won too.

Winning 7 or 107 times in La liga doesn't exactly mean too much in a CL quarters or semis.
There is a reason why Real never loses to Atletico and Valencia in a CL.

While Barca lost way too many times.
Our CL's history against Spanish teams:

2000: Barcelona lost to Valencia in CL semis
2002: Barcelona lost to Real in CL semis
2011: Barca won against Real in CL semis
2014: Barca lost to Atletico
2016: Barca lost to Atletico

We have a problem with Spanish teams in a CL knockout rounds, as you see.
In the last 20 years, in the last 5 match-ups in knockout rounds, we won only once, in 2011.
And lost 4 out of 5 times.

Quite a bad record.
Even though we won 8 La Ligas in that period.
Real only 5.
Valencia 2.
Atletico 1.
Who cares? We are good in La ligas over 12 Months, but lack something in a CL knockout matches.

While Real NEVER lost to any Spanish side except Barca.
And in the last 20 years, they won:
2000 final against Valencia
2002 semis against Barca
2016 final against Atletico
lost 2011 against Barca

Real won 3 out 4.
Barca won 1 out 5.

Ok, this is history, but check the pattern...
We are always better than Atletico, Valencia and similar teams in La Liga.
When it comes to CL knockout matches, they outsmart us on their stadiums with some dirty tricks.
In La Liga we will have 5-10-20 points more than them.
In CL matches, they pull some tricks and kick us out EVERY TIME.

You see, in the next Season, give me Bayern, Psg, whatever.
Just don't give me Sevilla and Atletico.
We will win 4 matches in La Liga, but we will lose 0:2 on away match in a CL, as always, and that's it.

Then Real will have an easy draw and an undeserved title again...

Last edited:

FC B

Undoubtedly 2016 one !

I never thought they could win it like this, being arguably the 5th squad in the tournament in terms of strenght of play after Barca, Bayern, Atletico and Juventus. But the thing is nobody could do nothing about UEFA's decision to make them play in the knockouts vs. Europa League teams while Barca, Bayern, Atletico and Juve were made to play against each other.

They've basically had one though match all tournament, vs. Atletico and had to benefit from a huge refereeing error to go to ET and win it on penalties. All of that requires a hell of a "luck".

Chelsea, by comparison had to get past the best teams in the tournament, play against Barca over two legs and to defeat Bayern in the the final without any refereeing big contribution nor in a penalty shootout which is basically a lottery, fortunately one that UEFA can no longer manipulate though.

MagIX

+ we are talking about RM the most expansive team ever which played a really cheap and shamefull soccer! they played like a small team vs a big team, simply ridicoulus
They even played the same soccer vs Bayern 2 years ago, a shamefull catenaccio (parked bus), typical from small team vs big team.
Team like Barca or Bayern do not even enter the pitch, if they have to play this kind of soccer.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Wait, didnt Barca get knocked out on their asses against Atletico? The "amazing" Bayern as well, with the "greatest coach ever"?
Well, we are the only team to "beat" Atletico in CL, so yeah...

if you're going by that logic, we also beat Atletico 2-1 and didn't need penalties for it. We were knocked out in a 2 leg tie, you aren't the only one to beat Atleti in the CL so yeah...

Neymessi

Well somebody is mad and jealous while claiming that you prefer your double.
[tw]737276753249456129[/tw]
Most wins,most clean sheets, best goal difference,least losses. Cristiano alone scoring more goals than 26 of the 31 teams,1 goal less than the runner up(ATM) scored all-together.

Wtf?? :lol:

There is so much wrong in this to wonder where to even begin. Just like your crazy post in the neymar thread

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Wtf?? :lol:

There is so much wrong in this to wonder where to even begin. Just like your crazy post in the neymar thread

Tell me everything that's wrong. I literally just stated facts,the only way I can be wrong is if the stats are wrong,which they aren't.

Of course you have the best stats considering you played in the Europa League while everyone else had to play the Champions League...

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Tell me everything that's wrong. I literally just stated facts,the only way I can be wrong is if the stats are wrong,which they aren't.
Well, you can't put it in a league format, as the teams didn't all play each other. So those "facts" are pretty void.

Chainsaw

Killahead
At least something good came out of this season for the Chelsea fans: They are no longer known as the shittiest Champions League winner ever! Congrats antonnn :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans