Which CL was more undeserved: Chelsea 2012 or RM 2016?

Which CL title was more undeserved?

• Chelsea 2012

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Real Madrid 2016

Votes: 46 68.7%

• Total voters

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
At least Chelsea faced legitimate top teams and did score from open play.... Got lucky? Yes. But they did win by hook or crook

Real? No top team because they get lucky. Against the nearest top team after Atletico, they had to have an own goal help them. And against Atletico, the only goal from open play that they score from is not even a goal!

Chelsea even needed luck against Benfica though.

Then again, Madrid needed an own goal to beat Man Shitty who put out the worst semi final performance I've ever seen... hmm it's a tough call. Still going with Chelsea though. Maybe it's the way they knocked us out or me trying too hard to be objective (I hate Chelsea too but obviously I hate Madrid more) :lol:

Last edited:

Neymessi

I have been thinking for some time if its bias that i think RM one was more undeserved. But its not. They wrere luckier than chelsea.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Well somebody is mad and jealous while claiming that you prefer your double.
[tw]737276753249456129[/tw]
Most wins,most clean sheets, best goal difference,least losses. Cristiano alone scoring more goals than 26 of the 31 teams,1 goal less than the runner up(ATM) scored all-together.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Chelsea had far more difficult opponents. rm this season got lucky with an europa league level of teams. From group stage to the semis. This CL format is outdated, really needs a revamp.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most wins,most clean sheets, best goal difference,least losses. Cristiano alone scoring more goals than 26 of the 31 teams,1 goal less than the runner up(ATM) scored all-together.

Of course, considering what teams you guys faced. The fact that Real Madrid fans are even mentioning this is funny.

El Flaco

Thanks for giving us stats without context...

KingLeo10

> brings a league table analog into the discussion
> ignores the fact that the teams in this so-called league table didn't play the same amount of games or play the same opponents as you know happens in an actual league

real madrid fans. can't even do the stats right these days.

BarcaOG

Banned

lol thats a pretty sad argument. it would look a lot different if it was actually a league

that's like winning la liga without having to play barca, atleti, valencia, atheltic, sevilla or villareal

lmao

Morten

Chelsea was more lucky, by far. Yes we did get an offside goal in the final, as everyone keeps bringing up, but it was not that clear and a difficult situation for the ref. It was not like Ramos was 1-2 meters in offside. Atletico didnt score their penalty, other than that, the amount of luck Chelski had against Barca 2x, and Bayern cant be beaten ever.

Alarcón

Chelsea played horrible football but they were up against the best teams. Madrid were just lucky they only had shit opponents up to the final.

Home of Barca Fans