what is your proudest football manager moment

Messi983

Not sure what my proudest FM moment would be but I'm playing two FM 23 saves rn and both are going well. One with Barca and the other with Wrexham.

With Barca we're starting 8th season, we've won 6 consecutive league titles and had back to back invincible seasons (overall our unbeaten run in La Liga is closing to 100 games) and more important we've also won 4 CLs in a row.

We have a great team with Diogo Costa (Porto GK in RL), Araujo, Kimmich (signed him on a free few years ago, he's 34 now but I've extended his contract for further 2 years - already have his longterm replacement lined up though), Bellingham (I've signed him before he went to RM in real life), Yeremi Pino, Schjelderup (I'm trying to sell him though as doesn't want to renew but he's on high wages so nobody really wants him - real life problems in the game :lol:) , Roony Bardhjy, Vlahovic and then a lot of regens.

This summer I've sold FDJ (had a year left on contract and wasn't regular starter anymore) to Chelsea and Kounde (he was more or less our 4th CB) to PSG for around 60m each. And in January TW I've sold Gavi to City (he wanted to leave) for 160m but fee will go up to over 220m with add-ons. To replace him I've brought back Pedri from Liverpool where I've sold him 2,5 years ago (he was on expiring contract and didn't want to renew) for 40m but included 100m buy back (always planned to get him back at some point) and also got 30% of profit from future sale so we really paid only around 40m to get him back.

OTOH I've sold Paul Wanner (Bayern wonderkid in RL) to Liverpool as Pedri's replacement for 70m and then Moleiro to Bayern for 60m after I've stolen away Musiala from them on a free. :lol: Also sold Vitor Roque to Sporting for 22m (around the same I've bought him for in 2nd or 3rd season). Never really developed here but tbh never gave him a chance as a striker (he's much better in the Wrexham save where he's a starter for Liverpool). First I've had Lewy, then Arezo for some time before signing Vlahovic.

Now I have around 700m transfer budget (never had that before in another save and probably never will) but no idea who to buy as we're really stacked. Will need to send around 8-10 players on loan who could have a role in the first team and then more talents in Barca B and U19 team.

I'm seriuosly considering paying 132m clause for a 21 yo Villarreal CB (can really play everywhere in defense which is also great but I just love his physical profile) eventhough I don't really need him.

And then further 80-90m on a 17 yo French striker who I'd surely send on loan for a season or two (at least his agents want him to go on loan). Common sense says no but then in the end it's just a game where I want to have fun so will probably buy both and see what happens. And then still have close to 500m to bring more 16-18 yo wonderkids who I won't know what to do with in a few years. :lol:

Oh, and another thing. Fati has signed for Madrid for 78m. I've let him go two years ago because he wanted something like 45m wages (my top earners FDJ and Kimmich were on around 22 at that time) and he wasn't anything more than a squad player. I've actually loaned him out the last year of his contract to Dortmund because I coudn't register him. (that stupid thing when your board give you different wage bill than what you can actually register players for). Then he signed for Newcastle for like 8m/year and after a year they've loaned him to Madrid who have now bought him despite not exactly doing great for them last season. They also have likes of Abel Ruiz, Todibo and I think some other former Barca players but can't remember who exactly. And their coach is Johnny Heitinga so no wonder they're not doing well. Although they did give us quite a good game in Copa semi-finals.

And with Wrexham we got from National league to EPL in 5 years (only needed two years in Championship to be promoted, NL, League 2 and League 1 were pretty easy to deal with) but then got relegated which I've kind of expected so I've bought lot of youngsters who we could build around and develop in Championship. We've lost one or two who had low relegation clauses but kept all others (we negotiated to sell them for certain fees that were luckily never met and when we were promoted again they were ofc all happy to stay) and some are still at the club. Like GK Seimen who is at Stuttgart in RL IIIRC. Then ofc invested more to bring 4-5 quality players after promotion and we somehow finished 6th in first season (could've got into CL as well but bottled last two games - I've also forgot 5th place also leads to CL with a new format) after return before surprisingly winning the league next season. Tbh most big teams had bad season, only Liverpool pushed us almost until the end. And now we're playing in the CL for the first time. And in EPL things are very close this time. 5 teams still compete for the title with 12 games left. Don't think we'll win it as United looks very strong but should qualify for CL again which is main goal.

Our attack is doing well but defense sucks. So what I did is first spend 90m on a world class 21 yo German CB (I've pre-arranged a transfer in October when I got a full scout report on him) for January but only after a few months I've realized his contract at previous club - Freiburg or Augsburg, one of those - was expiring at the end of the season so could have got him on free but why do that when you can throw money around? :LOL: Tbh I don't know if he would actually sign with us if we'd wait and bigger clubs would show interest).

And then after United paid 86m clause for my French striker (according to coaches he was our best player but I've prefered other two strikers who have better chemistry together) and ofc I've spend all that money to get a German RB/LB. Only played a few games with both of them in the lineup but our defense still struggles so now I'll try to adapt a system (should've done that before tbf). If it won't work I probably won't buy another defender again (certainly not spend big on them) and just play to score a goal more than opponents.

What I like the most about this Wrexham team though is that besided both GKs (who are 26 and 27) all other players are U23. So don't know if I'll do any major changes in coming years but rather just let them develop. And what I also like is that up to this season we had no English players (we're a Welsh team after all :cool:
and our homegrown players in the first team are mostly South American wonderkids who are much cheaper) but now I've bought two young English strikers.

Home of Barca Fans