Vinícius Júnior

ajnotkeith

He's amazing but he is more associative. Never understood the description of him as a 1v1 demon. It seems when he gets closely marked he tends to fall out of the game, and has struggled against Walker, Araujo, Foyth etc when he's been specifically marked.

Needs teammates to connect with and to open up spaces for him.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's a 1v1 demon in that he is great at taking players on and has a very good success rate given how often he's asked to do so.
Need an athletic and top player to stop him which is not a knock in the least, same was needed for Messi who was only ever challenged by likes of top form Varane

Birdy

He's amazing but he is more associative. Never understood the description of him as a 1v1 demon. It seems when he gets closely marked he tends to fall out of the game, and has struggled against Walker, Araujo, Foyth etc when he's been specifically marked.

Needs teammates to connect with and to open up spaces for him.
Foyth was bad against him, he lost must duels and was dribbled many times

But yeah, Araujo Walker type is his kryptonite.

Porque

Top attackers against top defenders is one of the joys left in football. Very rare that either will consistently win every match duel.

Look at Bernardo/Camavinga and the difference a week made.

soul24rage

Foyth was bad against him, he lost must duels and was dribbled many times

But yeah, Araujo Walker type is his kryptonite.
Foyth is overrated for me (and this is me who likes the Argentinian NT players)

Don't see why Xavi likes him that much when there are better options imo.

ajnotkeith

I guess the thing is Walker is not one of the best 1v1 defenders or even close to it at his position, he's just fast and strong and not that known for being amazing 1v1s (more offensive), but Vini make him look like that.

Aaron Wan Bissaka is the hardest full back to go up against as a winger by far from the PL, he loses almost nothing, it is practically impossible to dribble him. If he is struggling with Walker imagine the time he would have with him.

Vini is not like Dembele where you just leave him on the flank alone to dribble people, he needs teammates to work with and to create space along side.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
How long is he out for?
Will be clear on Monday I believe. Read it wasn't too serious, but he'll certainly miss Getafe game. Luckily for them there's international break coming up, so he'll probably back after that. My guess.

Andresito

Staff member
Right hamstring injury.

According to Arancha he's out around 6 weeks. Means he'll probably be back in time (perhaps not to full fitness) for El Clasico.

El Gato

Villarato!
Looks like whenever he plays poorly he starts scanning the stands for racists and sounding off about it after the game.
Or maybe he plays poorly BECAUSE he saw some degenerate doing things.

Not even sure at this point.

Frustrating stuff

But actually a bizarre phenomenon to observe now that RM fans in the east are saying "big deal he's being insulted, carry on and fuck the idiots" while those in western world often times take the Ancelotti line which on other hand means he'll get to play victim in the entire conversation of him playing windup to the opposing team and crowd. Which he is, and will receive more fouls and insults

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Good on him for calling these twats out (seems like two individual cases this time? At least I hope so, one being a kid is disheartening though).

But yep, doesn't help him being so theatralic on the pitch and always playing the victim card.

Home of Barca Fans