Victor Barbera

jamrock

Would be a good move for him if true, but he'll come back.

I've given him the "trust Da process" badge, he's ours.

Porque

They see more future in the u20 backup attacker from Argentina they will be signing for over 1m?

I dunno Jeff.

JamDav1982

They see more future in the u20 backup attacker from Argentina they will be signing for over 1m?

I dunno Jeff.

That lad is a wee winger so unlikely.

Seems they value Alcaron more if he is the one getting into squad tomorrow.

He is also out of contract in summer.

Alcaron has been playing wide and CF and maybe they see him as the one more likely to get chances in first team.

Last edited:

Porque

Alarcon is really solid and would be way nearer the first team had he not been injured for 14 months or so. No complaints if they see him as a bigger prospect.

But hopefully we decide to develop both, or at the very least put a respectable buyback on Barbera.

jamrock

14 months really affected Alarcon, that's true, but personally I see that something special in Barbera, but like you said 2 is always better than one.

If he ends up being better, that's best for the club.

JamDav1982

Alarcon is really solid and would be way nearer the first team had he not been injured for 14 months or so. No complaints if they see him as a bigger prospect.

But hopefully we decide to develop both, or at the very least put a respectable buyback on Barbera.

They wont sell him in Jan so if he leaves in summer they are not going to have a clause.

Either club dont rate him all that highly or they havent to this point been able to persuade him to stay.

Porque

If you go through the U19 Spain side every player from Barcelona has contracts running out 2023 while the majority of the Madrid guys run to 24-26. This includes Alarcon, Ilias and Barbera for us. We're really on a shoe-string budget across board it seems, or running things dangerously close.

We will know how much we value him by if we continue to start him at the B. We tend to drop the guys who are looking to exit in the summer.

No idea on Victor Barbera ceiling, but he has very nice traits and has taken to the B team level easily. Hopefully he stays and the club offer a suitable offer, though I would not be that upset if he did choose to go.

BTW, quick peak and our former rightback Marc Jurado seems to be doing alright at United going by the stats. With his contract up in the Summer I wonder if we should look to try and bring him back.

FinBarcelonafan

So we are gambling with junior contracts so we can cut them loose quickly if they don't perform? Very risky though and you never end up with bargain contract's because if they make it, they will immediately ask for the moon.

jamrock

So we are gambling with junior contracts so we can cut them loose quickly if they don't perform? Very risky though and you never end up with bargain contract's because if they make it, they will immediately ask for the moon.

Nah we are just tight financially on all levels, these start young players will require a decent amount of money to renew, we have to be smart with how we go about it.

JamDav1982

A bit yes but that is always the case.

The outcome will show if it is smart to spend a few million on players from Turkey/Argentina when dont renew players already there.

The players will be dealt with on one to one basis and club will give them contracts that they see fit as youth level doesnt have same financial restirctions and at Barca it is not a cash issue they have at moment in why cant spend on first team etc.

If they lose Barbera and Alcaron after already losing Bravo that is three CF prospects in 2/3 years when barely had any in last ten.

khaled_a_d

If you go through the U19 Spain side every player from Barcelona has contracts running out 2023 while the majority of the Madrid guys run to 24-26. This includes Alarcon, Ilias and Barbera for us. We're really on a shoe-string budget across board it seems, or running things dangerously close.

We will know how much we value him by if we continue to start him at the B. We tend to drop the guys who are looking to exit in the summer.

No idea on Victor Barbera ceiling, but he has very nice traits and has taken to the B team level easily. Hopefully he stays and the club offer a suitable offer, though I would not be that upset if he did choose to go.

BTW, quick peak and our former rightback Marc Jurado seems to be doing alright at United going by the stats. With his contract up in the Summer I wonder if we should look to try and bring him back.

Don't we have a highly rated RB prospect who is just 2 years younger?
Edit: I am talking about Hector Fort

Last edited:

Porque

Marc Jurado isnt out of contract this summer and what would Barca bring him back for now if could? B team?

I'm sourcing transfermarkt, which having read a few articles, may be incorrect.

If TM were true though, and if we were not to buy an established RB, then we may present a quicker first team route however.

No idea if the kid has world class potential or not. Looks tidy enough on the ball.

Don't we have a highly rated RB prospect who is just 2 years younger?
Edit: I am talking about Hector Fort

Looks solid. Wasn't he converted from CB? His offensive game isn't very inspiring.

Home of Barca Fans