Uefa Nations League 2022-23

FinBarcelonafan

Pretty much. His system is basically to give the ball to the stars and they'll figure it out somehow. And contrary to 2018, many of the players are past their best days.

True, their old core is becoming past it. Most of them are worse and worse at the club level, but they do have a new generation coming up, are they ready for the world cup? Who knows.

Rory

We are not going to have a good World Cup. Said it since last summer, but we need a proper manager.

Southgate is shocking. Wouldn't mind not winning things if it was building to something or we played entertaining football but we're falling apart here. His solution in Qatar will be to play 3 rb's, 2cdm's and forwards that are chosen based on their defensive qualities. I guess if we get the kindest world cup draw ever seen again we could make it to the same stage as last time.

Gnidrologist

Haha, kneelers trashed by east yuro nazis. And just watched last 10 mins of NED Wales just like i watched mostly end of the second half of the first game it's 1:1 repeat scenario lmao. Good shit tonight.

Temptation

Where does this idea come from? He's a limited coach for sure, but he doesn't operate like the people who preceded him. He doesn't just pick names or the flavour of the month.

He's an even bigger clown and hypocrite for saying he'll pick on the basis of form but sticking with his old guns.

Being an England manager is very tough and complicated.

Look at the wealth of the talent this guy has in his selection pool and then look at the style of play.

He's the FA's blue eyed boy coz he's extremely well behaved, say nothing controversial or disrespectful, has no anger or emotions(has the personality of a tissue paper).

Maybe he should actually start picking more flavour of the month people instead of a lot of permanent dross he sticks with.

This squad should be playing much better Football.

He did well in purifying the environment and creating cohesion when he came in. But now you really see his glaring weaknesses massively.

JamDav1982

You say he is picking favs but today Southgate picked.. Ramsdale, Guehi, Gallagher, Bellingham, Saka, Bowen.. those are not really his favs and are players that are picked on way performed this season.

fergus90

Southgate is shocking. Wouldn't mind not winning things if it was building to something or we played entertaining football but we're falling apart here. His solution in Qatar will be to play 3 rb's, 2cdm's and forwards that are chosen based on their defensive qualities. I guess if we get the kindest world cup draw ever seen again we could make it to the same stage as last time.

He is shocking, i agree. With the draw we had at the 2018 world cup, it would have been considered disastrous to have not made it as far as we did.

People will point to the Germany win at the Euros but now they've got a proper manager again they played us off the park last week, so can expect normal service to resume there :lol: Tactically the bloke is very, very limited.

Home of Barca Fans