U20 World Cup

khaled_a_d

Ponte looking solid, at least attacking wise.
We were loosely linked to him
Franco Gonzalez is also doing well again

Messi983

Israel eliminated Brazil yesterday. And Italy with a 3-1 win against Colombia.

South Korea vs Nigeria and USA vs Uruguay the other quarter-finals played today.

Porque

Ponte looking solid, at least attacking wise.
We were loosely linked to him

Only just realised that Ponte is the name of the 4 at RB :lol:

I like this player in every game he has played. And it is obvious we have a hole at RB too. Checked and he is not starting at Danubio (a 22yr old player called Haller is, so interested to see his level), so it might be an easy deal to make. Similar to what we done at LB this year with Ramon Vega.

As for Ramon Vega, he was the backup LB for Argentina in this U20. From what I seen at the B, he has been pretty decent when he finally got a run of games. Though I doubt he stays with his 2-3m ish buyout clause.

Uruguay beating the US 2-0 btw and set for the Semi finals. Only South American team to make it after the Israeli surprise.

khaled_a_d

Only just realised that Ponte is the name of the 4 at RB :lol:

I like this player in every game he has played. And it is obvious we have a hole at RB too. Checked and he is not starting at Danubio (a 22yr old player called Haller is, so interested to see his level), so it might be an easy deal to make. Similar to what we done at LB this year with Ramon Vega.

As for Ramon Vega, he was the backup LB for Argentina in this U20. From what I seen at the B, he has been pretty decent when he finally got a run of games. Though I doubt he stays with his 2-3m ish buyout clause.

Uruguay beating the US 2-0 btw and set for the Semi finals. Only South American team to make it after the Israeli surprise.

Yeah, Uruguay is very good team, good depth and everyone shows when needed, well coached too.

Diaz is looking good btw, still think he isn't a pure DM but I am starting to think he can get Liga minutes if he is loaned.

Porque

Yeah, Uruguay is very good team, good depth and everyone shows when needed, well coached too.

Diaz is looking good btw, still think he isn't a pure DM but I am starting to think he can get Liga minutes if he is loaned.

Is he better than Nico Gonzalez? That's the realistic question we have to ask. Because one is free.

I mean leadership is there and decent understanding of space with decent technique.

Used to playing slow molasses football in U20 and Uruguay though, so not sure if would be ready for LaLiga for us straight off.

Even Ugarte went to Portugal, and a lower tier side before sporting. Darwin to Almeria In Segunda, Araujo a number of years in our B team, etc.

So I can see the clubs budgetary concerns (even if it is extremely shortsighted thinking).

Im reading that they are scoffing at 3m to sign Luismi, despite a) estimated income of 10m to promote to Segunda and b) could make another Jutgla like sale.

So 8m+ seems a reach right now considering Xavi wants a starter (prob a waste of money on Neves of a lesser but more expensive waste of money on Zubi).

khaled_a_d

Is he better than Nico Gonzalez? That's the realistic question we have to ask.
That is a fair question, both can play DM but it doesn't look like their best position. They are more of a CM either as b2b (Diaz) or more holding midfielder like Nico.

Nico is only 13 months older, and while it is significant at that category, it isn't that big either.

OTOH, he has the advantage of Liga experience, born in a family of football and has his fundamentals well built (especially being from La Masia), he is also stronger, bigger (he is a bully) and ended the season on a high note for Valancia

Diaz has more leadership, more atheltic, great delivery especially on the long passes, seems like he has Italian passport according to TM so won't occupy a non-eu place.

Because one is free.
This is something that isn't accurate though, because Nico has a value in the market and can be sold, no idea for how much, so there is always a chance of profit and get a cheaper replacement who might be even better.

Used to playing slow molasses football in U20 and Uruguay though, so not sure if would be ready for LaLiga for us straight off.

So I can see the clubs budgetary concerns (even if it is extremely shortsighted thinking).

Im reading that they are scoffing at 3m to sign Luismi, despite a) estimated income of 10m to promote to Segunda and b) could make another Jutgla like sale.

So 8m+ seems a reach right now considering Xavi wants a starter (prob a waste of money on Neves of a lesser but more expensive waste of money on Zubi).

Yeah, this have been my concern all along.
People thing 8M is a peanuts, but it isn't. There is a limited amount of 8M you can spend on youth.
A prodigy like Arda Guler is on the market for 5M for example. It is significant money.
I understand both the club interest and the club concerns too.

A lot will be clearer after the WC, is he going to have interest from other big teams in Europe (not necessarily Barca, but Benfica or Betis level of big) that they will match demands of his club?

With all that said, I feel a bit of underwhelmed by the current of crop of DM that are linked to Barca (whether by club or fans) as one was having hopes that we might find a Pedri to save the day for us.

Home of Barca Fans